2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

The one he got flipped on was a great catch, just didnt land in bounds. And Kearse made a pretty good play on the other one. It shouldve been caught, I think, but it's not like hes dropping his balls straight up.

Hanging on to the one Kearse disrupted is near impossible.  He looked fully extended with his arms and Kearse landed on top of him and the ball.  Just a good play by the DB.

Just now, Leader said:

Ya know.....there's a flip side to this........

I like MVS. Nothing against him - but it irks me a bit that we've got to wait till week 6 (in his second season....) to see the "true" MVS.

A rookie (Hollywood Brown) pulled in 8 receptions on 13 targets this week for 86 yards. Last week he made 4 receptions on 5 targets for 147 yards and 2 TDs.

Now - Brown went Round 1 (pick 25) in this years draft - and we werent picking a WR that early - BUT YA KNOW(?) - maybe we should consider it some day.

The dolphins just gave up another 40 points. Dont count that performance for anything. MVS shined in a few games his rookie year as well, you know.

3 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

This defense shows some promise, but Pettine is not a long term solution. 

Missed tackles, open blitzes yet letting Kirk cousins escape (aka the clay Matthews move), 200 (guessing) yards of rushing given up.

If this defense doesn’t turn it around this year, tough to see why Pettine should stay. 

The defense now has decent playmakers secondary is good, corners are good, line is beefed up. No excuses this time.

We've given up 19 points in two games and our offense did nothing game 1 and nothing after the fist quarter in game two. We have problems, but Pettine and the defense are not in those, 'this needs to get fixed,' conversations.

I have no idea what you are watching. Maybe you don't think they can clean up the 4 big plays they gave up. Two of which Jaire was in position to make. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

This defense shows some promise, but Pettine is not a long term solution. 

Missed tackles, open blitzes yet letting Kirk cousins escape (aka the clay Matthews move), 200 (guessing) yards of rushing given up.

If this defense doesn’t turn it around this year, tough to see why Pettine should stay. 

The defense now has decent playmakers secondary is good, corners are good, line is beefed up. No excuses this time.

I have to assume this was posted for the sole purpose of provoking outraged responses.  Makes zero sense.

6 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The one he got flipped on was a great catch, just didnt land in bounds. And Kearse made a pretty good play on the other one. It shouldve been caught, I think, but it's not like hes dropping his balls straight up.

Yup, that and the Kearse play were very difficult plays and he makes them both without great defensive plays. I’d just like to see more catch and run with him than the constant chunk plays we seem to want. 

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Hanging on to the one Kearse disrupted is near impossible.  He looked fully extended with his arms and Kearse landed on top of him and the ball.  Just a good play by the DB.

I dont disagree. If he doesnt double clutch it at the top I think he has an opportunity to pull it in. Not hard to convince me it was just a good play by Kearse though. 

23 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Did the Smiths have some sweet rah rah vids up on the big screen during the game? That was promised. 

Yea there are new videos with the players telling people to stand up and be loud. The Smiths were in one of them. Also videos where they tell people to shut up when we have the ball.

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

So you don't like MVS, or Allison, or ESB, or Shepherd, or Davis, or Kumerow. Man you are HARD to please !

Really? Name me one of them that was drafted higher than the 5th round? And which has produced better than a WR drafted higher than the 5th round? So far none of them. Does MVS have promise? Sure. But if you can honestly tell me you think this is a Super Bowl tier WE corps than I want some of what you’re having. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Yea there are new videos with the players telling people to stand up and be loud. The Smiths were in one of them. Also videos where they tell people to shut up when we have the ball.

that is excellent to hear

our HFA is back!

Edited by Malfatron