2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

11 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The dolphins just gave up another 40 points. Dont count that performance for anything. MVS shined in a few games his rookie year as well, you know.

True - and I'm not dissing MVS. Hell - I was hoping that EQ could make some plays for us this year - so I'm certainly not cutting these guys short - but

Today - DK Metcalf had 3 receptions on 7 targets for 61 yards and a TD. Last week - 4 receptions on 6 targets for 89 yards.

Now - DK was there to be drafted by GB (but why would we given the rookies?) - I get it - but the point I'm making is rookie WR CAN produce.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

True - and I'm not dissing MVS. Hell - I was hoping that EQ could make some plays for us this year - so I'm certainly not cutting these guys short - but

Today - DK Metcalf had 3 receptions on 7 targets for 61 yards and a TD. Last week - 4 receptions on 6 targets for 89 yards.

Now - DK was there to be drafted by GB (but why would we given the rookies?) - I get it - but the point I'm making is rookie WR CAN produce.

Maybe we thought the WR would be enough this year given we have Davante and MLFs want to run so much heavy personnel. Maybe he felt we needed a TE in the pipeline instead of another young WR. Tough to say. It's possible that Gute put it off knowing that the upcoming draft is so deep. 

I'm not sure, but I hope our guys can figure out how to get going.

14 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Really? Name me one of them that was drafted higher than the 5th round? And which has produced better than a WR drafted higher than the 5th round? 

18 games into his career, MVS has 45 receptions. He could have had more, but Rodgers missed him a lot last year, and he hardly played hist first four games in 2018.

That's better production that an average 5th rounder.

Roster had so many holes that one offseason wasn't gonna be enough to patch things up. Focus was clearly on defense and the early returns look good. Unfortunately, the offense didn't get much in the way of help this offseason. It is what it is.

Maybe Sternberger can give the passing game a bit of a jolt after midseason.

Reading some of the posters crap in here is brutal after a big win. Some of you are insufferable to read just wow.  

Brand new coach installing a new offence. Most would have thought we would be 0-2 in the Off-season.

If you can’t see the improvement you don’t want to and I feel bad for those you spend time with off this site. 

Huge win did just enough which is good. Some adversity was needed to especially for the defence. There are no gimmes in this league unless you play in the AFC east. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kepler said:

This defense man.... can you guys imagine what it will look like next year after the rookies have some seasoning under their belts? Insane

I can’t wait to see what it’ll look like when they learn to actually tackle, xD.  Outside of tackling, I’m having fun watching them play.  They were getting totally gassed in the second half, but still played with a ton of heart.  Me like.

21 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Really? Name me one of them that was drafted higher than the 5th round? And which has produced better than a WR drafted higher than the 5th round? So far none of them. Does MVS have promise? Sure. But if you can honestly tell me you think this is a Super Bowl tier WE corps than I want some of what you’re having. 

You said "I just don’t buy any of the talent behind Adams."  That is a blanket dismissal of all the other WRs that denies both talent and promise.

I'm not calling this group "A superbowl tier WR corps" and I don't think anyone is, so I'll wave off the strawman argument.  This group is largely young and ascending with intriguing potential and have shown flashes of what they might become. What you are "not buying" is like a prototype that has yet to be fully tested. It might be excellent, it might have a lot of flaws. It is too early to dismiss this group.