The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

Will the Cs shoot like that in a 7 game series, idk its possible. 

Are they better without Kyrie - hell no. (22 shots between Smart/Rozier?) I'm sure Brown will take that all day, still lost.... they don't have anyone that can slow Kyrie down. 

6ers better avoid that first round matchup otherwise Butler and possibly Harris are gone. 

I didn't get to watch all of it, but how Brown sets the lineups will determine their outcome. 

Edited by nlesthought

12 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Will the Cs shoot like that in a 7 game series, idk its possible. 

Are they better without Kyrie - hell no. (22 shots between Smart/Rozier?) I'm sure Brown will take that all day, still lost.... they don't have anyone that can slow Kyrie down. 

6ers better avoid that first round matchup otherwise Butler and possibly Harris are gone. 

I didn't get to watch all of it, but how Brown sets the lineups will determine their outcome. 

He needs to try Bolden, that matchup is a nightmare for boban.

Butler needs to play better D.

Embiid needs to figure out how to play Horford 

8 hours ago, mm6492 said:

He needs to try Bolden, that matchup is a nightmare for boban.

Butler needs to play better D.

Embiid needs to figure out how to play Horford 

Horford is a stretch 4 playing C...similar to the matchup he'll see vs Toronto...Hell the Bucks could go with Giannis and Mirotic in the 5 out set and pull Embiid away from the basket. 

Embiid is a liability because of his foot speed defensively. 

On 2/14/2019 at 9:17 AM, nlesthought said:

Horford is a stretch 4 playing C...similar to the matchup he'll see vs Toronto...Hell the Bucks could go with Giannis and Mirotic in the 5 out set and pull Embiid away from the basket. 

Embiid is a liability because of his foot speed defensively. 

Enbiid needs to be able to punish those lineups offensively to make it work. Issue is he can't figure Horford out on either end. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, Danger said:

Starting to lose patience with BB right now.

It's obvious that sometimes the team wins inspite of him simply because even at the start of the year they have one of the most talented rosters in the league and certainly do now, though lacking depth. It's embarassing that he still hasn't figure out rotations. His current rotations are.

Starting 5

Jimmy/JoJo/JJ and 2 Random Guys

Ben/Tobi and 3 Random Guys

Sprinkle in overusing Bobi and you have a BB special.

It honestly doesn't make sense why he doesn't have a "Simmons and Shooters" lineup that resembles the "International Death" lineup from last year's 17-game win steak. Something like Ben/JJ/Tobi/Scott/Bolden. Also doesn't make sense that if he's going to continue to overuse Bobi then he needs to be in lineups with Tobi to run Pick and Roll like they did in LA.

7 hours ago, Knowledge said:

What a win last night!

Sixers needed that one

I have no problem maxing Butler

I love Jimmy and with the construction of the team (i.e. contracts and cap space), maxing him makes sense.

Could just be a bad deal down the line