The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

12 hours ago, mm6492 said:

I love Jimmy and with the construction of the team (i.e. contracts and cap space), maxing him makes sense.

Could just be a bad deal down the line 

It will be, the bench will have to be a collection of defined role guys playing for cheap. 

I think the biggest thing is finding that replacement shooter for JJ in a year or two. Not a lot of shooters like that anymore (ability to move catch and shoot) it could change BB's offense dramatically. 

12 hours ago, nlesthought said:

It will be, the bench will have to be a collection of defined role guys playing for cheap. 

I think the biggest thing is finding that replacement shooter for JJ in a year or two. Not a lot of shooters like that anymore (ability to move catch and shoot) it could change BB's offense dramatically. 

Yep. Shamet would've been a nice option...

Would help if Embiid can get from 30 back up to 36-38 percent from 3 and Simmons at least gets some short range going.

Also we will see what Zhaire brings next year, could be a nice piece to move into that SG role (less shooting ability but more defense and athleticism) 

On 3/22/2019 at 10:57 PM, mm6492 said:

Yep. Shamet would've been a nice option...

Would help if Embiid can get from 30 back up to 36-38 percent from 3 and Simmons at least gets some short range going.

Also we will see what Zhaire brings next year, could be a nice piece to move into that SG role (less shooting ability but more defense and athleticism) 

First game I've watched of him but Johnny Dawkins kid (Aubrey?) showed some skill last night...6'6 can shoot, put it on the floor. Not sure where he's projected lotto, mid-late 1? He might be a decent enough replacement for JJ. 

13 hours ago, nlesthought said:

First game I've watched of him but Johnny Dawkins kid (Aubrey?) showed some skill last night...6'6 can shoot, put it on the floor. Not sure where he's projected lotto, mid-late 1? He might be a decent enough replacement for JJ. 

Don't think we are gonna be able to draft a replacement for JJ, took him years to learn the nuances that got him to where he is now.

But agreed focus in draft should be guys who can shot, regardless of position. 

I honestly think we need to get Shake more time and give him a one way deal and make him eligible for the playoffs. Cut Korkmaz and use that roster spot for Shake. He, Scott, Ennis and TJ would be the main guys off the bench, and Milton would give us another guy who can handle the ball and shoot.

Edited by EaglesFan5-36-81
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not all on Simmons. It's not all on Brown. But if the Sixers lose in the first round or are not terribly competitive in the 2nd round, I do expect Brown to be gone. Whether or not it's primarily on Brown, things aren't working to the degree they should be, and it may be worth kicking the tires. At this point we don't know the fate of Butler or Harris moving forward. I'd certainly LIKE to have both of them back, but who know's if they'll want to come back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Man first half of the season I thought Embiid was turning the corner with this injury thing. Plays a whole bunch of minutes in the all star game then all of a sudden has to miss stretches of games for the rest of the season. Now missing playoff games. Got a feeling this guy is never going to be healthy enough to win us a championship 

24 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Man first half of the season I thought Embiid was turning the corner with this injury thing. Plays a whole bunch of minutes in the all star game then all of a sudden has to miss stretches of games for the rest of the season. Now missing playoff games. Got a feeling this guy is never going to be healthy enough to win us a championship 

Embiid and team have to be smarter. Can't be playing so much during the year; worth sacrificng wins to get him to the playoffs