Week 2 GDT - Cincinnati Bengals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef/2019

WE HAVE THE #1 DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!! CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

Our pass defense grade is so ridiculously high... they ranked us 21st against the run, and we still ended up first. Let's score first and early! Don't let them even think about running the ball!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Our pass defense grade is so ridiculously high... they ranked us 21st against the run, and we still ended up first. Let's score first and early! Don't let them even think about running the ball!

Going to have a lot of trouble against teams like Dallas if we were to face off in the playoffs or even within the division. Buckner needs to handle double teams better but our LBs were pretty bad against the run. Sure the wide 9 has some cons, but no way the Bucs should have ran as well as they did on Sunday. Kind of embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, Gravity said:

If 49ers are staying in Youngstown Ohio before Sunday then we are 4 hour and 19 minute car drive from Paul Brown's Stadium. That's still fatigue. 

-Google Maps

They are probably going to fly to Cincinnati on Friday like they normally do. 

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Good luck this week. Looking forward to seeing if the Bengals can take the next step against an even tougher defense than Seattle. Seattle’s defensive line wasn’t at full strength, so I’m hoping our oline can play well against your stacked pass rush. 

Same to you guys! Hopefully we both escape with no injuries. 

(And I, for one, hope your oline cannot handle our pass rush, but different strokes for different folks, amirite?)

• Like 1

I see a ton of respect for what the Bengals showed against Seattle, but I believe it to be a mirage. Seattle has a very poor offensive line which only helped Cincinnati's D-Line. The John Ross TD, as stated before was a fluke play where the safety judged the flight of the ball terribly. Cincy does not have an explosive offense and they have a banged up RB who isn't practicing and will more than likely be a game time decision with an ankle sprain. I get that the idea of winning is somewhat new to this era of the 49ers, but I just do not see a scenario where they leave with a loss.

I see Jimmy taking another step to looking more like a proficient thrower and the run game will be more impactful. I also see a couple of explosives helping in a relatively dominant win. Look for Mostert to have an impact and look for the 49ers D-Line to wreak havoc.

27-9 49ers

• Like 1