Miami Tanking and Draft Lottery

goldfishwars

Draft Lottery  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of a draft lottery in the NFL?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2019 at 02:51 PM

5 minutes ago, FinSting said:

"We're tanking, so we'll give up a precious 2nd-rd pick for a young buck QB." 

Discuss. 

If Rosen turns out to be good, thats the smartest trade you could make. Youll turn that #1 overall into a kings ransom and rebuild around him quickly.

Tanking often works and the Dolphins are absolutely full on 100% tanking:

• The Sixers were 1 triple bounce away from going to game 7 OT against the NBA champs last year.
    • This was 100% built on tanking.
  • The Penguins got Fleury(1), Crosby(1*(really 2)), and Malkin(2) by tanking.
    • Don't get me started on the Keep the Penguins in Pittsburgh fake lottery to get Crosby to the Penguins (he should have been a Capital)
  • The Astros tanked for several years before their recent resurgence.
  • Suck for Luck absolutely worked for Indy.

The NFL should absolutely split the teams in in groups of 8 and hold a lottery for all 4 groups. The Giants winning the Super Bowl in 2007 and 2011 did not mean they had better talent and needed to pick after 16-0 Patriots or the 15-1 Packers. If the point is division of talent as teams need it then getting into the correct box is enough. The worst team doesn't really need or deserve the 1st pick more than the 2nd worst team does.

The incentive to tank is too great right now. A lottery will help to fix that.

30 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

You are wasting time with fitz. Rosen should get EVERY snap this season. 

Rosen has proven to be a horrific QB on a bad team. Any playing time this year on this squad would be a complete waste of time.

It would be David Carr / Tim Couch training.

28 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Rosen has proven to be a horrific QB on a bad team. Any playing time this year on this squad would be a complete waste of time.

It would be David Carr / Tim Couch training.

Rosen has 13 starts. You have to see what you have in him. Fitzpatrick is a bad journeyman with zero upside. If you’re not gonna play him you wasted your time trading a second round pick for him

I'm not sure the Browns were actively tanking. They traded their 1s for lots of picks but they thought they were smart enough to get 5 very good players instead of 1 great player.

• They were clearly wrong, and were bad at drafting, but were they losing on purpose?
  • They also thought Kizer could play and he turned a bad 4-12 team into an 0-16 team.
  • That 0-16 team lost 4 games by 3 points.

If you go by unit rankings and point differential, the 2018 Cardinals were a worse team than the 2017 Browns.

• I will never be able to explain away that Cardinals win in Lambeau last year.

I know it's off topic but do people believe the Eagles franchise was trying to win under chip kelly? 

I don't I think they were trying to develop Howie Roseman as a general manager. Let Chip make whatever moves he chose to as long as it's reasonable. There's a reason they didn't let Chip trade the farm to get mariota.

Chip Kelly was that franchise's version of a reset while developing Howie. They could of brought in a well respected half decent choice to run the organization. They went with risk to hit the reset button while keeping the fan base engaged. 

Miami is kinda doing similar things with risk. Banking on the fanbase becoming re engaged as years down the line is risky.  

8 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Rosen has 13 starts. You have to see what you have in him. Fitzpatrick is a bad journeyman with zero upside. If you’re not gonna play him you wasted your time trading a second round pick for him

You are an optimist if you think playtime in Miami with that team is going to make Rosen a better QB.

A team that bad should be looking to get a great QB out of their draft slot, not ruining a guy who was already partially ruined last year.

All playtime is not equal.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You are an optimist if you think playtime in Miami with that team is going to make Rosen a better QB.

A team that bad should be looking to get a great QB out of their draft slot, not ruining a guy who was already partially ruined last year.

All playtime is not equal.

I think Rosen is a smart move regardless. Best case scenario he takes the lumps and beatings and looks good enough doing it so you can develop a true qb down the line.

With the Andrew luck saga, and Deshaun Watson's beatings might be worth a gamble. A second is chump change in establishing the Viability of a Franchise qb.

Archived