Miami Tanking and Draft Lottery

goldfishwars

Draft Lottery  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of a draft lottery in the NFL?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2019 at 02:51 PM

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

what do you think it is?

They are just really bad. Years of no direction, firing coaches, no quarterback, stupid personnel decisions. Funny stat, 70% of Miami’s Coaches have coached for them in the last 15 years. 9 different head coaches over that span. Less then a two year average. A lot of teams would have traded Tunsil for the haul they got for him. I don’t see that as intentionally tanking, more of like when the Cowboys unloaded Walker. 

Edited by Boltstrikes
  • Like 4

No. If you want to tank we will make fun of you in the meantime and you'll lose money (maybe idk how the finances all work out), the fan base will be absent, etc. But then you get the #1 pick for going through all of that 

It's not like in Madden where doing this is easy. You still have to pick a lot of awesome players in the draft/FA, especially since you gutted your team. 

There will be incompetent teams every year, at least this way there will be a purpose. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

They are just really bad. Years of no direction, firing coaches, no quarterback, stupid personnel decisions. Funny stat, 70% of Miami’s Coaches have coached for them in the last 15 years. 9 different head coaches over that span. Less then a two year average. A lot of teams would have traded Tunsil for the haul they got for him. I don’t see that as intentionally tanking, more of like when the Cowboys unloaded Walker. 

Fair enough.

I still see it as a move that shows you're OK being less competitive this year to build for the future. That's the gateway drug to tanking IMO. It's a fine line, but I see your point. 

• Like 1

Do we have any proof of a team tanking with a successful outcome? 

People accused the 2011 Colts of tanking, and while they did get Luck, it took them 3 years to get to the AFC Championship game but they never reached the Super Bowl and started faltering when Luck started having injury concerns. 

Also we’ve seen teams who have picked in the Top 5-10 year after year not have success. Or even get better (at least right away) 

• Like 1

I would favour the current system, but with the addition (which presumably already exists within Roger Goodell's powers) that a team which tanks so egregiously that they bring the league into disrepute (and also distorts results and playoff qualification and seeding by being a free win to anyone lucky enough to have them on their schedule) should have their first round pick forfeited altogether. 

No, bc unless you are already one of the worst teams in the NFL, tanking doesn't make any sense. Or you have to tank multiple years so you can pick like 3 excellent players. But then it would take you 5-10 years before you could compete and in this money driven business that's never gonna happen. Like a FO tanking for 5 years can stay LOL