patriotsheatyan

Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson

• Mayfield
    • Jackson

On 10/12/2019 at 10:46 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Baker on rhythm is LJsquared

No.  Mayfield's lack of ideal physical traits has been exposed this season.  At the first sign of pressure instead if stepping into the pocket, he has continually been rolling to the right.  He does this because his height limits his vision in the pocket if he steps up.  Nick Bosa said this last week.  I also remember noticing in college how deep he would drop back in the shotgun to see over the line.

Mayfield's rookie season is looking more and more like a fluke now.  This season might be who he really is.   A guy who is more Rex Grossman than Drew Brees. 

Edited by VanS

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Debate is settled for now.

I still like Josh Allen's long term potential to be the best QB from this class when its all said and done but Lamar is exactly what I thought he would be.   I had him rated as the #2 QB in the 2018 Draft (after Allen) and a top 5 overall player so he's right on schedule.  He scared me a bit last year cause he looked less explosive than he was in college.  But this year he's looking exactly like he did in Louisville.

Lamar Jackson is a Pro Bowl QB this season.

32 minutes ago, VanS said:

I still like Josh Allen's long term potential to be the best QB from this class when its all said and done but Lamar is exactly what I thought he would be.   I had him rated as the #2 QB in the 2018 Draft (after Allen) and a top 5 overall player so he's right on schedule.  He scared me a bit last year cause he looked less explosive than he was in college.  But this year he's looking exactly like he did in Louisville.

Lamar Jackson is a Pro Bowl QB this season.

Watching him run is truly beautiful. He's so clearly faster than everyone else, but on top of that he starts/stops/cuts on levels that NFL defenders cannot keep up with. He's juked so many dudes effortlessly it's amazing.

Then he stands in the pocket and throws a perfect pass down the field while the defense is rushing 3 and spying 1 and there's just nothing you can do about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Watching him run is truly beautiful. He's so clearly faster than everyone else, but on top of that he starts/stops/cuts on levels that NFL defenders cannot keep up with. He's juked so many dudes effortlessly it's amazing.

Then he stands in the pocket and throws a perfect pass down the field while the defense is rushing 3 and spying 1 and there's just nothing you can do about it.

He's amazing.  My favorite player to watch in the league right now.  And his future is even brighter than I thought going into last year.

All Baltimore needs to do now is fix that defense and Lamar can lead them to a Super Bowl.  2019 Lamar with the 2018 Ravens defense would be my favorite to win the Super Bowl this year.