The NCAA and Players Profiting from Their Likeness Thread

ramssuperbowl99

2 hours ago, August4th said:

Emmert said he expects member schools will quickly agree that college athletes should be able to profit from activities that aren't directly related to activities unconnected to being an athlete, but "the devil is in the details" when it comes to deciding what type of change will come in allowing things like sponsorship deals that are directly related to a student's popularity for being an athlete.

More bull****. We want to pay athletes "in a manner consistent with [not paying athletes]". This keeps all of the money that the athletes generate for the NCAA in the NCAA's hands.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

More bull****. We want to pay athletes "in a manner consistent with [not paying athletes]". This keeps all of the money that the athletes generate for the NCAA in the NCAA's hands.

Lol man that's some bull**** *** NCAA weasel wording. I love how, presented with a clear and obvious PR move to come out ahead of the inevitability that the state will eventually FORCE them to compensate these kids, they can't even do it.

"You can have a Youtube channel, I guess".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lol man that's some bull**** *** NCAA weasel wording. I love how, presented with a clear and obvious PR move to come out ahead of the inevitability that the state will eventually FORCE them to compensate these kids, they can't even do it.

"You can have a Youtube channel, I guess".

Really glad all those high level executives got together and decided to give those kids that sweet, sweet Youtube money though. That way we can have the next Johnny Manziel review a new Pokemon game while wearing MeUndies over his head.

That fixes the problem. Glad the squeaky wheel got the grease.

EDIT:

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Emmert said  "the devil is in the details"

And they know it's bull too. Emmert gave us all the finger with that quote.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

39 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Link is broken so I’m guessing it’s fake or taken out of context.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3588590002

“We try to teach our guys, use football to create the opportunities, take advantage of the platform and the brand and the marketing you have available to you. But as far as paying players, professionalizing college athletics, that's where you lose me. I’ll go do something else, because there's enough entitlement in this world as it is.”

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3588590002

“We try to teach our guys, use football to create the opportunities, take advantage of the platform and the brand and the marketing you have available to you. But as far as paying players, professionalizing college athletics, that's where you lose me. I’ll go do something else, because there's enough entitlement in this world as it is.”

Apparently he said that in 2014 so he was probably being a bit dramatic thinking it would never happen.  The tweets circulating make it seem like he was reacting to the news today.  Dabo has done some things that make him seem unlikeable but I’m not taking much from this one.

Im sure he’ll give the “we all need to adapt” line when asked about it.

Pretending to evolve without actually evolving is a fantastic skill to mislead millions of people who then cry "foul" because they have zero critical thinking skills. Just ask politicians, CEO's, and various governing bodies such as the NCAA/Olympic Committee. We need an NCAA version of Steve Prefontaine to come in and challenge the NCAA. Northwestern (LONG LIVE THE NERDS!!!!) Football players got this thing rolling with EA Sports (sorry guys), so someone else needs to run with this/pick up their torch.