2020 Draft thread

lavar703

He was incredibly impressive, an athletic freak! But there is a higher likelihood that he gets the Derwin James treatment because of confusion about what is his best position. He would be an incredible value if he fell outside the top 10. In our style 4/3, Simmons would be my mlb. 

after watching most of the combine, it’s a loaded draft at LB, OL, WR, DL, RB. Db’s work out  Sunday. 

Edited by Doc Draper

5 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

He was incredibly impressive, an athletic freak! But there is a higher likelihood that he gets the Derwin James treatment because of confusion about what is his best position. He would be an incredible value if he fell outside the top 10. In our style 4/3, Simmons would be my mlb. 

after watching most of the combine, it’s a loaded draft at LB, OL, WR, DL, RB. Db’s work out  Sunday. 

He’s better at WLB or S bc he’ll be freed up to make more plays in space and not bogged down and abused in the run game. You want a talent like Simmons to be freed up and away from taking on huge blockers as much as possible so he can move around and make plays vs the run and pass. 

Just for the record! I'm totally against drafting Tua & giving up on Haskins.

I think it would be a huge mistake.

Not only are you giving up on a guy, who showed great potential toward the end of the year?

You're replacing a guy who not only has been injury prone throughout his life, but may not ever be the same QB after this hip injury.

How brittle will he be behind Center?

And...is he really better? You don't know that, I don't know that, nobody truly knows for sure.

Not all college QBs translate to the Pro's.

And to top it all off....you're passing on a generational talent in Chase Young or monster RG3 type trade deal to take said QB.

This to me is not a no...

It's a HELL NO!

But if we do make this move....

Tua better be the next Joe Montana. That's all I got to say about this subject.

I pray ....this is just a smokescreen, but I'm not sure it is.

And that scares the hell out of me.

Cause I think this would be a collosal mistake.

Just my opinion...

• Like 2

Agree with Aceinthehouse. The smoke is so incredibly thick. I hope they're talking to Haskins about this stuff.

And I hope their sole intention is to build up the #2 pick's value.

Finally, if you're taking Chase Young, why not put the rumors to rest. ^_^

Edited by Skinsin2013

44 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Agree with Aceinthehouse. The smoke is so incredibly thick. I hope they're talking to Haskins about this stuff.

Finally, if you're taking Chase Young, why not put the rumors to rest^_^

Understand, but that would be counterproductive. Why tip you hand on who you want when a team in front of you could use that to their advantage? Say you want Chase and you say it- Cinn takes that to Detroit And Giants ( they are already doing this but it would be a sure thing if we confirm it in advance) and says hey- you want chase, the skins want him. Make me an offer? Or what I’d do is if I’m cinn is make a deal for extra assets, take chase, have a deal for 3 where I get extra assets, and Detroit picks the QB (Tua or Joe) available with trade concludes after their pick. Then we are in a bad place- trade back having lost our preferred guy and look like we lost the guy we stated publicly we wanted and overdraft someone like Simmons who knows he wasn’t who we wanted. Like two girls at a bar- you approach first one and she shuts you down. You go to second girl and say Hey baby, my first Choice shut  me down, want to go with me? 

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Finally, if you're taking Chase Young, why not put the rumors to rest. ^_^

What? Why would they come out and say they’re taking Young? Nobody does that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Exactly, the entire offseaon is a lot of smoke screens especially for the draft and even for free agency too. That’s always been the case.

Love it!
Message to Miami- pay up and your Tanking for Tua may turn into Hoping for Herbert or Looking for Love in all the wrong places?

Redskins rumors: Ron Rivera told Tua Tagovailoa he wants him to compete with Dwayne Haskins Jr. -ScottJennings

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Love it!
Message to Miami- pay up and your Tanking for Tua may turn into Hoping for Herbert or Looking for Love in all the wrong places?

Redskins rumors: Ron Rivera told Tua Tagovailoa he wants him to compete with Dwayne Haskins Jr. -ScottJennings

I hate it. If we take Tua it will be a waste of resources at this point and one of our last two first round picks will end up being a mistake. Just take the best player in the draft - Chase Young - who doesn’t have an extensive injury history from college and get this, is actually healthy now, instead of taking a huge risk on an injured QB who May never be the same again bc of his hip injury.

Don’t get me wrong- I love Chase, but seed the discussion and see just how badly they want Tua. Remember two years ago  a lot of brothers wanted to Tua. We have Haskins and at a minimum this will get him working harder, we can take chase, or consider selling the rights for a kings ransom ( which is what it would need to be for me not to draft LT 2.0, or if our new coaches aren’t sold on Haskins, now is the time to get the guy they want not in a few years. A head coaches job depends disproportionately on the QB. We have a new HC, a unusually high draft pick that I hope we don’t ever have for the next decade. he deserves to pick who he wants. 

42 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Don’t get me wrong- I love Chase, but seed the discussion and see just how badly they want Tua. Remember two years ago  a lot of brothers wanted to Tua. We have Haskins and at a minimum this will get him working harder, we can take chase, or consider selling the rights for a kings ransom ( which is what it would need to be for me not to draft LT 2.0, or if our new coaches aren’t sold on Haskins, now is the time to get the guy they want not in a few years. A head coaches job depends disproportionately on the QB. We have a new HC, a unusually high draft pick that I hope we don’t ever have for the next decade. he deserves to pick who he wants. 

I wanted Tua before we drafted Haskins and before Tua dislocated and broke his hip. His injury and the fact that we drafted Haskins last year has made me not want to draft him anymore. If Haskins does truly awful this year and looks like he will not progress into a good starter, we will have a top 5 pick next year and we can take a QB next year in the top 5.

Getting the best player in this draft - Chase Young - is far more important than drafting an injured QB who has potential to be good if he is someday healthy again. The smart thing to do is to take Young and then to see how Haskins develops. If Haskins doesn’t take steps forward - which honestly I can’t really see bc he took a lot of steps forward last December - then, there will be other QBs we can take in the future to replace Haskins and those QBs won’t be coming off a dislocated and broken hip.

If we don’t take Chase Young, I’m going to be extremely upset and disappointed in this franchise. I won’t get over it unless the players we draft instead of Chase Young eventually help lead us to a perennial playoff team and super bowl contender.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Simple.

To treat Haskins with respect and let him know he's your guy. 

And because you KNOW you're taking Young. 

If neither of these is true, you do what we're currently doing.

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Love it!

That was smoke...