2020 Draft thread

lavar703

14 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I wouldnt mind Ehlinger. But I dont think he will pan out being very fast. Great athlete overall. But Im not sure if he has the speed to be any type of dual threat at the pro level. Though, dont hold me to that. But I can see him running a 4.8-4.9. But if he runs a 4.6, a 4th might be worth tossing at him.

Why does that matter? I don't judge my Qbs on 40 times.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why does that matter? I don't judge my Qbs on 40 times.

Kirk ran a 4.84 and could scramble when he had to right successfully. Not relied on as a secondary resource. Ehlinger it would almost have to be an option unless he can develop a lot more with his arm skill. DEs would be able to catch him scrambling outside the pocket, and hed be no problem for LBs/DBs if he takes off down field. You cant design plays around his scrambling ability unless it meets a certain standard.

Edit:

Heres Tate. At 4.6 speed. A lot of those players he was running by he wouldnt be at the speed and tackling ability of the pro level. Cousins at 4.84 couldnt even at the college level like that and he doesnt in the pros. The defenses would crash in quick on Ehlinger if he cant reach a certain shelf for a dual threat. There would be no dual to it. Hed be a single threat.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Kirk ran a 4.84 and could scramble when he had to right successfully. Not relied on as a secondary resource. Ehlinger it would almost have to be an option unless he can develop a lot more with his arm skill. DEs would be able to catch him scrambling outside the pocket, and hed be no problem for LBs/DBs if he takes off down field. You cant design plays around his scrambling ability unless it meets a certain standard.

Edit:

Heres Tate. At 4.6 speed. A lot of those players he was running by he wouldnt be at the speed and tackling ability of the pro level. Cousins at 4.84 couldnt even at the college level like that and he doesnt in the pros. The defenses would crash in quick on Ehlinger if he cant reach a certain shelf for a dual threat. There would be no dual to it. Hed be a single threat.

I want my QB to throw the ball, not be a scrambler unless they're a freak of nature like Lamar or Cam.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

On one hand, I'm very excited we tanked and landed Chase Young.  On the other hand, its kind of boring already knowing who we are taking in the first round.  The speculation is the fun part!

We’re all doing our best to give ourselves heartburn over this pick lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Parrot 🦜 said he’s going back to school anyways. Oh well

Could be good to have a Taysom Hill type thing going on.   I do wonder if having a consistent wildcat option is going to be the next movement for good teams...

7 hours ago, daskins said:

Could be good to have a Taysom Hill type thing going on.   I do wonder if having a consistent wildcat option is going to be the next movement for good teams...

We could do that with Steven Sims, Chris Thompson if we kept him.

Or, you draft that kind of player later in the draft, like you said Tate, he can be a swiss army knife for us. I have see Tate from AZ play before but not too often bc I’m asleep by the time they're on TV - I have to admit I was worried you were talking about Tate Martell haha 😂 !!

I’d definitely take Khalil Tate in the 7th round or pick him up as an UDFA to be a 3rd QB/wildcat QB/5th receiver and special teams guy.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The trade package would have to be unprecedented. 

Yeah like 3 firsts, 2 seconds and a 3rd. Hell they can give us their next two drafts! And even then, I’m not sure if take it bc I don't think we find another prospect like Chase Young with another pick - even the first-rounders - some people really are sleeping on how special Young can be and I think how dominant he will be and if he's not it's bc the opposing offense is doubling him or even tripling him/game planning to take the him out of the game how Michigan, Wisconsin & Clemson did the last 3 games of the year.

Sure that worked to neutralize Chase Young but OSU won two of those games and should have beaten Clemson if Dobbins didn't get hurt, they didnt get called for targeting in a form tackle on the QB and if the fumble recovery from the catch had stayed as called on the field - like it should have - the few breaks that Clemson did from the officials helped them win and OSU would’ve won if Fields wasn't hurt, had played better and if Olive hadn’t cut his route off at the end of the game bc that was a TD if he runs the right route!

Edited by turtle28