2020 Draft thread

lavar703

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m with you there buddy!!!!! Unless we’re blown away there’s realistically 3 players you can even entertain selecting but in reality draft day comes there’s really only one name we’ve said it all season long

i agree with you. highly doubt it would happen to only move up 3 spoys though, but I could only imagine how much talent we could possibly get with those picks

Simmons, Delpit, Diggs, Jefferson would be my guys if they were available with those picks. add Harrison Bryant in the 3rd at TE and im sold

It would never happen but I would take those 4 over chase young all day. but it would have to be those 4

48 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

i agree with you. highly doubt it would happen to only move up 3 spoys though, but I could only imagine how much talent we could possibly get with those picks

Simmons, Delpit, Diggs, Jefferson would be my guys if they were available with those picks. add Harrison Bryant in the 3rd at TE and im sold

It would never happen but I would take those 4 over chase young all day. but it would have to be those 4

So you have no faith in our current secondary. I mean trust me I get it. But I think if I had those assets I’d probably get a OL prospect with 3 1s I have to have Simmons a OL and then the third pick I’d go secondary. But I’d want to sure up our OL and defensive playmaker are my top goals this draft

But I honestly want Chase over any trade down I’ve put together so far. I’d just stick with Chase he’s the guy this team needs

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

On Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 11:17 AM, aceinthehouse said:

It would be hard to pass up trading down from #2 to net Dolphins #5, #18, #26 & an additional 3rd.

As good as Chase is, he's still just 1 guy & nobody can predict a person's future with too many variables. (Injuries, bust, arrests, drugs, suspensions, etc)

If we were truly offered that, I would take it as I grit my teeth knowing I won't get Chase. (And hoping the Lions get him, so the Giants don't)

Not to mention getting an additional 3rd to boot.

I would imagine us trading down with the #18 or #26 to pick up additional draft choices as well.

I mean, we could get a complete roster overhaul with this trade. An injection of talent & youth in 1 draft.

So would I do it? Yes, I would.

I was in a similiar spot like that when I bought a lunch pack from a place and on of my Co workers wanted my biscuit and offered to trade me his M&Ms for it.  The thing is I really liked their biscuits and it was the primary reason I got lunch from there so there was no way I trade it for a bloody bag of them.  My mate wouldn't be deterred so he threw in a bottle of tea, which I didn't need because I already had a beverage so then he threw in his lunch box, a scratch off ticket, both of which he got as a giveaway, and all the a dollar and all the change in his pocket which was 88 cents.  So even though I really really wanted my biscuit everything he threw at me was to good to pass up.  And on top of it he suggested I just go back and tell the place they didnt give me my complimentary dessert and they would probably give me one so I would still get my sweet treat anyway on top of everything else I'll secure with the trade.  I would have kicked myself for not taking this bounty.  

So yeah, I get what your saying, with a deal so good out of pure principal you have to take it even though you really covet what you'll give up in the deal.

And the funny part of the trade I made was my mate thought it was a chocolate chip biscuit but was toffee, which he hated because it gives him a sugar rush.  So ended up only losing one cookie and got all that other stuff on top of it.  To this day he thinks I'm some sort of negotiations wizard and thinks I should go into that line of business, LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

I was in a similiar spot like that when I bought a lunch pack from a place and on of my Co workers wanted my biscuit and offered to trade me his M&Ms for it.  The thing is I really liked their biscuits and it was the primary reason I got lunch from there so there was no way I trade it for a bloody bag of them.  My mate wouldn't be deterred so he threw in a bottle of tea, which I didn't need because I already had a beverage so then he threw in his lunch box, a scratch off ticket, both of which he got as a giveaway, and all the a dollar and all the change in his pocket which was 88 cents.  So even though I really really wanted my biscuit everything he threw at me was to good to pass up.  And on top of it he suggested I just go back and tell the place they didnt give me my complimentary dessert and they would probably give me one so I would still get my sweet treat anyway on top of everything else I'll secure with the trade.  I would have kicked myself for not taking this bounty.  

So yeah, I get what your saying, with a deal so good out of pure principal you have to take it even though you really covet what you'll give up in the deal.

And the funny part of the trade I made was my mate thought it was a chocolate chip biscuit but was toffee, which he hated because it gives him a sugar rush.  So ended up only losing one cookie and got all that other stuff on top of it.  To this day he thinks I'm some sort of negotiations wizard and thinks I should go into that line of business, LOL.

Toffee instead of chocolate chip should have voided the deal, your a thief. 😂

• Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 9:31 PM, bigdog44 said:

Toffee instead of chocolate chip should have voided the deal, your a thief. 😂

Biscuit? Are you English ? Nope, that was the deal- kinda like us and RGIII. We got toffee 'stead of Choc Chip too. ! Pays your money, takes your chances !

On second thought , I think we got a bran muffin !

2. CHASE YOUNG, DE, OHIO STATE

No one defensive player impacted the opposing offense quite like Young did in 2019. He recorded a pass-rush win rate of 27.2% despite being consistently double- or even triple-teamed. Young affected the game plan of his opponents before he even stepped foot on the field, and he finished with the highest grade we’ve ever given to an edge defender in a single season. Young finished the year with 56 total pressures, including 18 sacks, seven hits and 31 hurries, but his impact went as far as seeing him record 33 additional pass-rushes that beat the defender, but the offense either unleashed a quick pass, QB draw or simply threw it away before Young could register a pressure. He was a true game-wrecker, the likes of which even bested the efforts of both Bosa Brothers before him. 

Take, for instance, the Northwestern game. After a successful run play, the Wildcats attempted a straight-dropback pass. Young sacked the quarterback so fast that their game plan changed to avoid Young’s impact over the course of the next 16 plays:

Play No.

Play Type Result Young’s Pos. Direction

Young’s Impact

2 Pass Sack LEO Straight Drop Sack
3 Run +6  LEO Left Ran Away From
4 Pass Inc. LEO Roll Left Rolled Away From
5 Run +11 REO Right Ran Away From
6 Pass Inc. LEO Roll Left Rolled Away From
7 Pass +4 LEO Screen Left Quick Screen Away From
8 Run +12 REO Right Ran Away From
9 Run +10 REO Middle QB Draw Away From
10 Run +5 REO Middle Brought WR to chip block
11 Run -1 LEO Left Ran Away From
12  Pass +1 REO Roll Right Rolled Away From
13 Run +10 REO Middle Ran Away From
14 Pass -4 REO Roll Right Rolled Away From
15 Pass Inc. LEO Roll Left Rolled Away From
16 Run +2 REO Middle Ran Away From
17 Pass Inc. REO Straight Drop Quick (2.4 sec.) Pass Deep
18 Pass Inc. REO Straight Drop Quick (1.8 sec.) Pass Short

His impact reached far beyond the box score in 2019; it was a season for the ages. Young finished his season with an incredible 133 positively graded plays to just 17 negatively graded plays. That’s a ratio that we’ve never seen before.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-best-101-players-from-2019

• Like 2

I mean, realistically he’s far and away the best player in the draft. I wouldn’t trade down almost no matter the offer but that’s just me. My favorite argument so far for not taking him is that the best pass rushers weren’t in the playoffs. Von Miller almost single handily won the Broncos a Super Bowl. The Bears went from pretty terrible to a playoff team immediately after trading for Mack. Nick Bosa destroyed the packers. The Packers went from a crappy defense to the NFC Championship game with the Smith bro’s. 

There is almost no real argument for not taking him outside of we need more than one player. And while that is true, trying to rebuild your team with draft picks in one off-season almost never works. Trading back and getting multiple firsts is a nice idea but odds are pretty good that one of those players will be a bust. If it were me, I’d take Chase Young and then sign Kendall Fuller and James Bradberry. I wouldn’t sign Tre Boston but I think it’s almost a given we will. I think that would be the start of a pretty damn good defense though. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

2. CHASE YOUNG, DE, OHIO STATE

No one defensive player impacted the opposing offense quite like Young did in 2019. He recorded a pass-rush win rate of 27.2% despite being consistently double- or even triple-teamed. Young affected the game plan of his opponents before he even stepped foot on the field, and he finished with the highest grade we’ve ever given to an edge defender in a single season. Young finished the year with 56 total pressures, including 18 sacks, seven hits and 31 hurries, but his impact went as far as seeing him record 33 additional pass-rushes that beat the defender, but the offense either unleashed a quick pass, QB draw or simply threw it away before Young could register a pressure. He was a true game-wrecker, the likes of which even bested the efforts of both Bosa Brothers before him. 

Take, for instance, the Northwestern game. After a successful run play, the Wildcats attempted a straight-dropback pass. Young sacked the quarterback so fast that their game plan changed to avoid Young’s impact over the course of the next 16 plays:

Play No.

Play Type Result Young’s Pos. Direction

Young’s Impact

2 Pass Sack LEO Straight Drop Sack
3 Run +6  LEO Left Ran Away From
4 Pass Inc. LEO Roll Left Rolled Away From
5 Run +11 REO Right Ran Away From
6 Pass Inc. LEO Roll Left Rolled Away From
7 Pass +4 LEO Screen Left Quick Screen Away From
8 Run +12 REO Right Ran Away From
9 Run +10 REO Middle QB Draw Away From
10 Run +5 REO Middle Brought WR to chip block
11 Run -1 LEO Left Ran Away From
12  Pass +1 REO Roll Right Rolled Away From
13 Run +10 REO Middle Ran Away From
14 Pass -4 REO Roll Right Rolled Away From
15 Pass Inc. LEO Roll Left Rolled Away From
16 Run +2 REO Middle Ran Away From
17 Pass Inc. REO Straight Drop Quick (2.4 sec.) Pass Deep
18 Pass Inc. REO Straight Drop Quick (1.8 sec.) Pass Short

His impact reached far beyond the box score in 2019; it was a season for the ages. Young finished his season with an incredible 133 positively graded plays to just 17 negatively graded plays. That’s a ratio that we’ve never seen before.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-best-101-players-from-2019

Really good post. We always hear that there’s only a few players that offenses have to game plan around. To actually see it charted, how easy is it to stop a team when you have this info?  Imagine how good the secondary will be when they know balls have to be out that quick. I was in the draft Chase Young camp for a while. Now, as we say in NY, forget about it.

• Like 3

I think the biggest thing for me is when watching Young I watched almost every game live and I didn’t think our team would get into this position. We always win too many for that guy. But when you watch him play and see how hard he plays and how much the offense tries to keep away from him. I’m currently playing back a game and all I keep saying is I wouldn’t trade this guy for anyone. He’s unbiassed to him on my grade because coming into this year I had high marks he’s the best player I’ve scoured in college. I know in recent years it seems like these players are so much more aware and prepared. But this guy just impacts a game like nobody I’ve watched. 

• Like 2

I think we need to keep a close eye on Toutman out of Dayton in the senior bowl. This guy all week has looked good I’m searching for Dayton games right now to see him I’ve heard good things before this week he made money this week. I’d love to get a guy like him he blocks well and has WR like ball skills. Atleast this week that’s what he displayed. My tow biggest needs are a superstar and TE. We have a legit shot at a superstar, if we get a TE I think this team makes huge strides. Haskins takes a lot less sacks with a good TE on this roster.

might have spelled the name wrong don’t shoot me lol

Edited by ripsean21

On 1/25/2020 at 7:55 AM, bigdog44 said:

Really good post. We always hear that there’s only a few players that offenses have to game plan around. To actually see it charted, how easy is it to stop a team when you have this info?  Imagine how good the secondary will be when they know balls have to be out that quick. I was in the draft Chase Young camp for a while. Now, as we say in NY, forget about it.

To put into context the writer didnt mention. Northwestern that game had a Guard starting at Tackle. With the other tackle being a 2* guy that couldnt sit OSUs bench as a backup.

27 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Chargers moving on from Rivers. Does that add a heap of value to our pick?

Chargers pick 6th. Lions 3rd. Miami 5th and such. If the Lions go that way we could drop back 1 spot, maybe gain a 2nd and still get Chase.

I can’t imagine we can trade back at all and still get Chase Young. If you trade back you have to know full-well you’re giving up the rights to Chase Young and you have to be okay with that. 

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Chargers moving on from Rivers. Does that add a heap of value to our pick?

Chargers pick 6th. Lions 3rd. Miami 5th and such. If the Lions go that way we could drop back 1 spot, maybe gain a 2nd and still get Chase.

That would be the only move I would consider, assuming the Lions give an assurance they won’t take Young. Could still get a pretty good haul if the Dolphins, Chargers, whoever is sniffing around

On 1/25/2020 at 6:57 AM, lavar703 said:

I mean, realistically he’s far and away the best player in the draft. I wouldn’t trade down almost no matter the offer but that’s just me. My favorite argument so far for not taking him is that the best pass rushers weren’t in the playoffs. Von Miller almost single handily won the Broncos a Super Bowl. The Bears went from pretty terrible to a playoff team immediately after trading for Mack. Nick Bosa destroyed the packers. The Packers went from a crappy defense to the NFC Championship game with the Smith bro’s. 

There is almost no real argument for not taking him outside of we need more than one player. And while that is true, trying to rebuild your team with draft picks in one off-season almost never works. Trading back and getting multiple firsts is a nice idea but odds are pretty good that one of those players will be a bust. If it were me, I’d take Chase Young and then sign Kendall Fuller and James Bradberry. I wouldn’t sign Tre Boston but I think it’s almost a given we will. I think that would be the start of a pretty damn good defense though. 

The Redskins need a superstar building block in the worst way.  Chase Young is the best chance at that.  No one is a surefire thing in the draft, that much is sure, but he's a guy that we just can't pass up on.  

• Like 1