2020 Draft thread

lavar703

Just now, taylor made said:

Michael Brockers is still with the team and they went to the Super Bowl last year

So the haul they got for RG3 resulted in Michael Brockers being the only one on a Super Bowl team one coach and 7 seasons later? I’ll give you the Colts one but there is no way the Rams trade resulted in their super bowl appearance. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So the haul they got for RG3 resulted in Michael Brockers being the only one on a Super Bowl team one coach and 7 seasons later? I’ll give you the Colts one but there is no way the Rams trade resulted in their super bowl appearance. 

But that wasn't your original question. The Rams got 3 decent starters versus a QB bust in RG3. The Rams won. They made their team better!

While I do believe that we should be looking to acquire more picks I don’t think that it should involve trading our chances at young away unless it’s an absolute haul!

i would look at trying to get either a late 2nd or 3rd round pick for Kerrigan. Dangle reed out to the patriots for a 4th (which is basically a 5th) possibly consider a tag and trade of Brandon Scherrf to net us a late first or early 2nd rounder. (I only consider this if he wants top OG money and we are sure Wes can hold the starting spot)

however if we can get 3 first you at least have to listen, and it would have to keep us in the top 10 for at least 1 pick. If the dolphins offered 5, 18, their 2nd and next years 1st we would really need to listen to that

coming out of that trade with 

1.5 Simmons

1.18 Christian Fulton

2. Xavier Mckinny

3. Brycen Hopkins

4. KJ Hill

Would completely change our team not to mention the dolphins next years 1st rounders which would prob be another top 10 pick

its somethinf you gotta think about, I love chase young but if Simmons, Fulton, and Mckinny can be solid starters with some pro bowls then you have to think about it

• Like 1

Back at Ron Rivera’s Introductory Press Conference, when he said this will not be a rebuild situation, tells me he likes a lot of the pieces we have in place and I think we will be selecting Chase Young. That’s why I believe he will try to get Trent back, which would be to solidify our O Line. Some other pieces can be obtained thru the rest of the draft and free agency. We have cap space to possibly get a LB, S, CB and TE. RR is a defensive guy and I believe he really likes our defense and JDR It can be a Top D. That’s why I think we’re getting CY. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

For the Browns? They traded out of the top 10 and the Falcons traded up to get Jones. I’m not sure that trade worked out for the Browns. 

No. For the Falcons. Was looking it from the person the team moving to get the player. The Browns clearly Brown’ed it

If the Dolphins put three 1sts (#5, #18, next year's) and this year's 2nd on the table -- I'm thinking long and hard about that offer. Give me Simmons or Okudah at 5 (one would be guaranteed to be there), Kenneth Murray or best available OT at 18, Justin Jefferson or Denzel Mims with the 2nd, and that's quite a haul from this year's picks. Would likely still value Young over that trio, but it would be fairly close. 

Add in next year's 1st, though, and I might be swayed. The beauty of that pick is it will likely be in the early part of the draft, as the Dolphins will probably still be undermanned next season, especially without those draft picks they sacrificed for the QB. And not only is that pick valuable on its own, it gives us a great hedge against a possible Haskins regression. I'm a big fan of his, but if he takes a step back next season, we may need to think about a little "Lose Forever for Trevor" action. And having two picks (potentially) in the top 10 would be a great way to move to the top of the list of teams with ammunition to move to #1.

I don't think Miami does the offer I suggested. I think they'll choose to sit at #5 and see what's there for them. But if they do make an offer like that, I think you've gotta consider it. Chase Young is an awesome opportunity for us, but that's a better deal than what we gave the Rams for RGIII, so you've gotta at least think it over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

If the Dolphins put three 1sts (#5, #18, next year's) and this year's 2nd on the table -- I'm thinking long and hard about that offer. Give me Simmons or Okudah at 5 (one would be guaranteed to be there), Kenneth Murray or best available OT at 18, Justin Jefferson or Denzel Mims with the 2nd, and that's quite a haul from this year's picks. Would likely still value Young over that trio, but it would be fairly close. 

Add in next year's 1st, though, and I might be swayed. The beauty of that pick is it will likely be in the early part of the draft, as the Dolphins will probably still be undermanned next season, especially without those draft picks they sacrificed for the QB. And not only is that pick valuable on its own, it gives us a great hedge against a possible Haskins regression. I'm a big fan of his, but if he takes a step back next season, we may need to think about a little "Lose Forever for Trevor" action. And having two picks (potentially) in the top 10 would be a great way to move to the top of the list of teams with ammunition to move to #1.

I don't think Miami does the offer I suggested. I think they'll choose to sit at #5 and see what's there for them. But if they do make an offer like that, I think you've gotta consider it. Chase Young is an awesome opportunity for us, but that's a better deal than what we gave the Rams for RGIII, so you've gotta at least think it over.

So Miami wanted Tua. He could possibly never be the same after this injury. What if Trevor gets hurt. There will always be what ifs but I think going Young with what we have is a heck of a start. I still think Haskins is going to be a really really amazing QB. He was what I would have thought year one then improved and showed a lot more then I would have thought or expected. I think we should stay the course. All those picks could build a dynasty. Or it could keep us midiocre because we past on a player who can possibly be our all time sack leader in 6 or 7 years with 7 more quality years after that and re write our teams record books by far

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Okay, so who should they pick then? I mean, this is ridiculous. If the Bengals didn’t need a QB the Redskins wouldn’t even have a shot at Young. He’d be the first pick in the draft almost every year a team didn’t need a QB. 

I also don’t understand the idea that the Redskins have this great DL. Ioannidis is our best DL and we have no clue how he’ll translate to the 4-3. Allen and Payne have been somewhat underwhelming so far but I guess we have no clue if that was more to do with Manusky. Ryan Kerrigan is going on 32-years old and just came off his worst year as a pro. Sweat is a complete unknown and Ryan Anderson is garbage. So we should pass on the best pass rusher to enter the draft in probably the past 10 years or so because we might have a good DL? I’ll never understand this line of thinking

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Okay, so who should they pick then? I mean, this is ridiculous. If the Bengals didn’t need a QB the Redskins wouldn’t even have a shot at Young. He’d be the first pick in the draft almost every year a team didn’t need a QB. 

I also don’t understand the idea that the Redskins have this great DL. Ioannidis is our best DL and we have no clue how he’ll translate to the 4-3. Allen and Payne have been somewhat underwhelming so far but I guess we have no clue if that was more to do with Manusky. Ryan Kerrigan is going on 32-years old and just came off his worst year as a pro. Sweat is a complete unknown and Ryan Anderson is garbage. So we should pass on the best pass rusher to enter the draft in probably the past 10 years or so because we might have a good DL? I’ll never understand this line of thinking

Hard to judge anyone on defense because Manusky was such an idiot.  

• Like 1