2020 Draft thread

lavar703

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Chargers moving on from Rivers. Does that add a heap of value to our pick?

Chargers pick 6th. Lions 3rd. Miami 5th and such. If the Lions go that way we could drop back 1 spot, maybe gain a 2nd and still get Chase.

Matt Patricia takes Chase Young if he falls to the Lions.  The Giants do the same if the Lions somehow don't do it, or trade out for another offer that can't be refused.  So if the Redskins trade out of #2, they are doing so knowing full well that the pick is going to be not be Young.  

If anything, Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason heading into the draft provides more options for teams to trade down, rather than trading up.  

The Redskins need to stick with Young at #2.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

The draft order will be Burrow / Young.

If it is somehow Burrow then Tua because of a trade with us, it will be Burrow / Tua / Young. 

Well if it’s not Burrow/ young then we’re making a mistake i think they really can’t give me enough picks. There’s not a player in this class or next I want like Young

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

While I totally understand the idea behind this, we’ve been adding impact players in the draft for years. When was the last time this team had a true impact “elite” talent? As a pass rusher no less. These guys saying the Redskins can remake their team by trading down will be the exact same guys killing them for it when Chase Young ends up destroying offenses and we end up with more Daron Payne’s and Jonathan Allen’s. 

3 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

"I think Washington is in an incredibly good situation," King said. "Either they get a generational pass rusher, or they end up getting three ones out of it."

Three Ones...

raw

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time a team with a top 5 pick traded the pick away and then ended up better because of it? I mean, this big haul of picks, has it ever worked for another team in the past 10 or so years? 

Yes, in 2018 when the Colts traded back from #3 to #6 and got OL Quenton Nelson, OL Braden Smith, DE Kemoko Turay, RB Jordan Wilkins and CB Rock Ya-Sin for QB Sam Darnold.

Oh... and should I even go into detail about the RG3 trade?

6 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Yes, in 2018 when the Colts traded back from #3 to #6 and got OL Quenton Nelson, OL Braden Smith, DE Kemoko Turay, RB Jordan Wilkins and CB Rock Ya-Sin for QB Sam Darnold.

Oh... and should I even go into detail about the RG3 trade?

The RG3 trade that resulted in nothing for either team? 

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time a team with a top 5 pick traded the pick away and then ended up better because of it? I mean, this big haul of picks, has it ever worked for another team in the past 10 or so years? 

One I can think of that worked out well is Julio Jones

one I can think of that wasn’t worth it is Mo Claiborne 

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

Yeah, I forgot Michael Brockers, Alec Ogletree and Janoris Jenkins were nobodies. My bad

How many games did they win with those guys? Considering Jenkins was allowed to walk and Ogletree dealt for a fourth round pick and the Rams ended up with no playoff victories out of the deal, nobody won. 

7 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

One I can think of that worked out well is Julio Jones

one I can think of that wasn’t worth it is Mo Claiborne 

For the Browns? They traded out of the top 10 and the Falcons traded up to get Jones. I’m not sure that trade worked out for the Browns. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How many games did they win with those guys? Considering Jenkins was allowed to walk and Ogletree dealt for a fourth round pick and the Rams ended up with no playoff victories out of the deal, nobody won. 

Michael Brockers is still with the team and they went to the Super Bowl last year

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

After the last couple years. I trust that ball in Kyle Smiths hands either way he sees fit. For the Rams. Yeah, look who did their draft. We each on here do 10x better than he could.