2020 Draft thread

lavar703

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Chase Young is not just a speed rusher. He has great concern moves, it shows up on film, all his opponents said that about him. That's what someone pointed out when they posted the article from opposing coaches in the big10 when they talked about facing him.

He's an all-around great DE. If you can't get that out of watching him play - even in games when he didn't get sacks - then, I don't know what you're looking at. He plays the run well, he's big and strong - 6’5, 270 - and he has a great motor, he hustles, it shows up on film. 

I'm watching him play against "COLLEGE" talent . We'll see. ( or not ) . Turtle, is that a typo, what does that mean-I'm not familiar "Great CONCERN moves ".. huh ?

14 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm watching him play against "COLLEGE" talent . We'll see. ( or not ) . Turtle, is that a typo, what does that mean-I'm not familiar "Great CONCERN moves ".. huh ?

I meant counter. I edited the post but you probably responded before I made the change.

And, excuse me but I don't see what your point is really. Every player coming from college plays against COLLEGE talent. They are playing against a lot of the same players they will ply against in the coming years when they all get to the pros.  I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that point other than to just ignore it as a point that means nothing. 

You’re not giving Chase Young his true justice as an all-around great player and I personally find it annoying. It’s like you’re trying to find a reason not to draft what every talent evaluator is calling the best talent in the draft rather than trying to find reasons to like him. It doesn’t make sense to me at all. 

He’s 6’5, 265. That’s about the same size that Julius Peppers was when he was drafted #2 overall. Chase is not small. He’s taller than Nick Bosa & weighs about the same. He’s a better athlete then Bosa and he had better college production then Bosa. 

So yeah, I don’t get the naysayers.

Edited by turtle28

If they did trade the pick for a huge bounty, I’d be okay with it. No player is so good that you could never trade him, and especially no prospect is that good — everyone has a price (Million Dollar Man). 

But I have to say that I don’t really get the idea that he’s not that good. I’m not sure who you watched that you did think was a future star, if you don’t think this guy is one. Watch the game that everybody wants to kill him over, the Clemson game in the CFP (I thought Michigan was his worst game, personally). He was a menace. He had to have had at least 8 legit pressures — he caused a should-have-been INT, was inches from causing a sack/fumble, opened up a couple sacks for other guys with games up front and the attention he was getting, and forced Clemson to change their whole offense to contain him. How many 7 step drops do you see, even out of that pistol/shotgun formation? They’re chipping him, sliding protections, and that’s with a pretty damn good LT in Jeffcoat. 

And that’s a “bad” game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

If they did trade the pick for a huge bounty, I’d be okay with it. No player is so good that you could never trade him, and especially no prospect is that good — everyone has a price (Million Dollar Man). 

But I have to say that I don’t really get the idea that he’s not that good. I’m not sure who you watched that you did think was a future star, if you don’t think this guy is one. Watch the game that everybody wants to kill him over, the Clemson game in the CFP (I thought Michigan was his worst game, personally). He was a menace. He had to have had at least 8 legit pressures — he caused a should-have-been INT, was inches from causing a sack/fumble, opened up a couple sacks for other guys with games up front and the attention he was getting, and forced Clemson to change their whole offense to contain him. How many 7 step drops do you see, even out of that pistol/shotgun formation? They’re chipping him, sliding protections, and that’s with a pretty damn good LT in Jeffcoat. 

And that’s a “bad” game.

Clemson fan and he looked nasty all game idc what numbers said he’s all over the game

I'd feel better if he'd put himself out there at the Combine. How strong is he on that bench press? How fast in the 40? The high jump-the broad jump.. The measurables might have been reassuring. We need a game changer.. I'll be happy when we call his name and hope he's The Guy ! I'm just a born skeptic - It's in my DNA-can't help it . :$

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If they trade the pick and it’s not for something significant, especially after the off-season they’ve had, my hope for the future of this team will start to die again. 

With you 100% on that. 

I want multiple 1st rounders from any team starting with Miami @#5 and on.

I'm not even entertaining trades with the Lions or Giants at 3 & 4.

If Miami wants #2?

It will start with 5 & 18 and go up from there.

I would prefer we stay at 2 & take Young.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If they trade the pick and it’s not for something significant, especially after the off-season they’ve had, my hope for the future of this team will start to die again. 

Even if they take Young, I'm still skeptical on the whole Rivera hiring.  It would continue to make me question his judgment even more than I am already.  

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

And ridiculous would be...

Miami's 2020 #5, #18, 2nd Rd pick, 3rd Rd pick, 1st & 3rd in 2021 draft.

Even I, would do that & wave good luck to the predator. 😎

Ridiculous to me would be Miami's 2020 #5, #18, #26, #39 and 2021 1st.  

I don't think it gets done if it's anything significantly less than that.  I think Rivera legitimately loves Young more than all of us combined.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Even if they take Young, I'm still skeptical on the whole Rivera hiring.  It would continue to make me question his judgment even more than I am already.  

I’m right there with ya. 

Rivera sending signals. I think he wants Simmons . He said he's been having talks with K Smith about "other positions" that effect the Q B other than the line .

Thankfully- this is almost over . We should know by early tomorrow night, I can't take much more.