2020 Draft thread

lavar703

But I totally get what you are saying, and respect that viewpoint.  It's just a matter of personal preference.  

I've always thought the more picks you have and make, the better chance you have of them working out.  I see a potentially franchise-changing haul if we happen to get the #1 pick.  

44 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

But I totally get what you are saying, and respect that viewpoint.  It's just a matter of personal preference.  

I've always thought the more picks you have and make, the better chance you have of them working out.  I see a potentially franchise-changing haul if we happen to get the #1 pick.  

Generally, that doesn't happen. It's much more likely the franchise changes greatly because we draft a great player like Young or Jeudy. We have a lot of developing talent, but we don't have enough difference-makers on both sides of the ball. Jeudy or Young would be difference makers.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I hate using the Pats as a reference for anything in the league. They selected the greatest QB ever in the 6th round. It’s a total anomaly. It will most likely never happen again.

So for me, I’m tired of filling the roster with Trent Murphy’s and Ryan Anderson’s and constantly missing out on elite players. You can’t keep selecting good players and pass on elite players. We need some elite players on this team. 

Exactly. I was so mad when we traded down in the 2014 draft and passed on Stephon Tuitt. DE was such a huge need for us at the time and Brice passed on Tuitt, it was stupid!

12 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Is trading down passing on Jeudy for CeeDee Lamb passing on Julio Jones for Kevin White or a Kelvin Benjamin though? I don't think so. 

Probably not but there’s also no guarantee Lamb will be there depending on where you trade to. For me to trade out of the top spot it would have to be for pick 3 and it would have to be for a bounty. You have to assume who trades up is doing so for Tua so you’ll still have your shot at either Young or Jeudy, whichever one doesn’t go second. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Probably not but there’s also no guarantee Lamb will be there depending on where you trade too. For me to trade out of the top spot it would have to be for pick 3 and it would have to be for a bounty. You have to assume who trades up is doing so for Tua so you’ll still have your shot at either Young or Jeudy, whichever one doesn’t go second. 

I'm not as pressed for Young as you are and I don't see much of a drop off from Jeudy to Lamb so I'd be willing to trade down to acquire multiple picks knowing Lamb is there when I pick. Even if we don't get the 1st pick if a deal like that is available I'd take it. I want a weapon for Haskins with our first pick. 

Edited by Skins212689

if we end up with number 1 which I doubt we will I’m taking the dolphins 2 first rounders in the top 10 and their 2nd

The dolphins pick would be top 3 and their pick from the Steelers should be top 5-6, adding their 2nd is essentially a late first.

im then trading Trent to a team hopefully in the range of 12-16

thats essentially 4 picks in first 33-35 picks of the draft.

ill take in this order

A lot of ways you can go with these picks

We have all seen crazy things happen in the draft. Players can fall and it’s quite possible if a run on QBs happens you could very well come out with

3. Chase Young OLB

5-6 Jerry Jeudy WR

12-16 Grant Delpit FS

35 Trey Smith LT

if all the stars aligned and these trades could be pulled off it’s all possible these guys could be available. To me this would be the greatest draft in redskins history 

Edited by LoganF89

Jaguars, browns, cardinals, giants, jets are the only teams in the top 15 right now that you could say are definitely not in the market for a rookie QB. With a draft full of top QBs a lot could be picked early. 

Tua, Herbert, Fromm, Hurts, Eason, Burrow

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

if we end up with number 1 which I doubt we will I’m taking the dolphins 2 first rounders in the top 10 and their 2nd

The dolphins pick would be top 3 and their pick from the Steelers should be top 5-6, adding their 2nd is essentially a late first.

im then trading Trent to a team hopefully in the range of 12-16

thats essentially 4 picks in first 33-35 picks of the draft.

ill take in this order

A lot of ways you can go with these picks

We have all seen crazy things happen in the draft. Players can fall and it’s quite possible if a run on QBs happens you could very well come out with

3. Chase Young OLB

5-6 Jerry Jeudy WR

12-16 Grant Delpit FS

35 Trey Smith LT

if all the stars aligned and these trades could be pulled off it’s all possible these guys could be available. To me this would be the greatest draft in redskins history 

No way the Dolphins do that. They’re not going to trade us two top 10 picks in the same draft.

If we end up #1 and the Dolphins trade up for Tua with us we’d most likely get their top pick in this draft, their 2nd round pick and a first in next years draft.

I don’t think that we get that high of a pick for Trent either, especially if Brice doesn’t do the smart thing and trade Trent now to a team like the Browns, Broncos, Chiefs, Patriots or Chargers that could use an upgrade at LT and have a talented team otherwise that should be a playoff team. 

The longer Brice waits the worse the market for Trent will be. Next offseason teams will just think I’ll draft my next left tackle or sign one.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

No way the Dolphins do that. They’re not going to trade us two top 10 picks in the same draft.

If we end up #1 and the Dolphins trade up for Tua with us we’d most likely get their top pick in this draft, their 2nd round pick and a first in next years draft.

I don’t think that we get that high of a pick for Trent either, especially if Brice doesn’t do the smart thing and trade Trent now to a team like the Browns, Broncos, Chiefs, Patriots or Chargers that could use an upgrade at LT and have a talented team otherwise that should be a playoff team. 

The longer Brice waits the worse the market for Trent will be. Next offseason teams will just think I’ll draft my next left tackle or sign one.

Assuming we have #1. I kinda agree. 

If there's a bidding war no way Miami gives us both top 10 picks. I COULD see them parting with a top 10 pick (their #3) AND their later round pick they get from Houston (currently it's at #25)...

Or they give us their #5, #25 and another pick.

Or #3 and a 2nd in both 2019 and 2020.

56 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

If there's a bidding war no way Miami gives us both top 10 picks. I COULD see them parting with a top 10 pick (their #3) AND their later round pick they get from Houston (currently it's at #25)...

If we’re at #1 (which I very much doubt) or #2, and we’re doing a trade with someone like Miami or Cincinnati for Tua or Herbert, I want their 2020 1st as part of the package. Has much more value to me than recouping the Sweat pick or anything like that. Even has a lot more value than getting that Houston 1st rounder right now. 

To me, that would be the ultimate hedge on the Haskins bet. If it’s clear after two seasons that he can’t play at the NFL level, we may need to bail. And having our pick (clearly high if Haskins still stinks) plus what will likely be a very high pick from MIA/CIN (with a rookie QB), we’d be in the dominant driver’s seat to acquire our top QB in the 2020 draft.

And if we don’t need a QB, great. We’d still likely be well-positioned to get multiple elite talents out of the draft.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'd be ok moving from #1 to #5 for picks #25 plus a 2020 2nd round pick. 

Edited by Skins212689

53 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If we’re at #1 (which I very much doubt) or #2, and we’re doing a trade with someone like Miami or Cincinnati for Tua or Herbert, I want their 2020 1st as part of the package. Has much more value to me than recouping the Sweat pick or anything like that. Even has a lot more value than getting that Houston 1st rounder right now. 

To me, that would be the ultimate hedge on the Haskins bet. If it’s clear after two seasons that he can’t play at the NFL level, we may need to bail. And having our pick (clearly high if Haskins still stinks) plus what will likely be a very high pick from MIA/CIN (with a rookie QB), we’d be in the dominant driver’s seat to acquire our top QB in the 2020 draft.

And if we don’t need a QB, great. We’d still likely be well-positioned to get multiple elite talents out of the draft.

Good call

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

you do mean 2021 1st I assume since 2020 is the next draft ;)

• Like 1