Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers played lights out for 3 series and downright mediocre for the rest of the game. Haven't heard anyone say differently.

Did you notice how he followed the script and got the ball to backs on those first three drives? 

15 yards to Williams - TD
Aaron Jones - 6 yards
Aaron Jones - 6 yards
Aaron Jones - 7 yards

Those were the first three drives. 

The rest of the game:

Williams - 2 receptions, - 2 yards.
Jones - 1 reception for 15 yards. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Did you notice how he followed the script and got the ball to backs on those first three drives? 

Aaron Jones - 6 yards
Aaron Jones - 6 yards
Aaron Jones - 7 yards

The rest of the game:

Anything you say Skip.   9_9

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Aaron Jones - 6 yards
Aaron Jones - 6 yards
Aaron Jones - 7 yards

The rest of the game:

Yeah those were nice schemed plays. Should've kept running them. Same with targets to Davante.

Just now, cannondale said:

So Rodgers sat in the pocket multiple times for four seconds frantically scanning the field, but chose not to throw it on purpose ?

2018, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_33NitWhwp8

First sack - Staring down Adams on 1st down.  Tight ends were coming open in middle for short gain.
Second sack - Nobody is going with Graham on 3rd and 9.  That's a 7 yard gain minimum.
Third sack - Nobody open
Fourth sack - RB open
Fifth sack - Offensive line's fault.
Sixth sack - offensive line
Seventh sack - LOL, Pause it at 59 seconds.  Two players wide effing open.
Eighth sack - Second and ten, RB open for 5 yards.  Stared down Davante.
Ninth sack - 3rd and 6, you hit MVS there for 4 yards and a shot at the first rather than wait to throw into heavy coverage (where he's looking) during a blitz.
Tenth sack - Can't tell here.  Nobody was on the side he rolled out to. 
Eleventh sack - ESB is open for a first down crossing the field.  Lol, can't throw to rookie.  must take sack.  must fumble. 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Aaron Jones - 6 yards
Aaron Jones - 6 yards
Aaron Jones - 7 yards

The rest of the game:

All opened up because of the early big plays to 17. Then the Vikings adjusted and bracketed 17 (like the Bears did all game) and it was up to our other guys to win one-on-one...and they couldnt. 

Case in point: Rodgers threw a great ball to MVS up the seam and he was covered by Kearse, a 220 lb safety who can't run. Yet he was blanketed ALL over MVS and broke it up. MVS needs to dust Kearse 10/10 times there and be open on that throw. It's not happening. 

Edited by packfanfb

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

You really think that nobody was open on those plays, or that Rodgers held out for more?

Because if there weren’t options for 3-4 yards on 1st and 2nd down, that’s a serious problem and LaFleur should be fired.

The reads weren't open. I see Rodgers yardage numbers declining pretty consistent with the talent decline of our WR. The first part of that GB was going 4 wide with James Jones being the worst of the bunch and he'd be the clear #2 now. 

The one legit criticism of Rodgers is he is risk averse and avoids tossing it away, hoping he can pull something off at the last second.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

2018, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_33NitWhwp8

First sack - Staring down Adams on 1st down.  Tight ends were coming open in middle for short gain.
Second sack - Nobody is going with Graham on 3rd and 9.  That's a 7 yard gain minimum.
Third sack - Nobody open
Fourth sack - RB open
Fifth sack - Offensive line's fault.
Sixth sack - offensive line
Seventh sack - LOL, Pause it at 59 seconds.  Two players wide effing open.
Eighth sack - Second and ten, RB open for 5 yards.  Stared down Davante.
Ninth sack - 3rd and 6, you hit MVS there for 4 yards and a shot at the first rather than wait to throw into heavy coverage (where he's looking) during a blitz.
Tenth sack - Can't tell here.  Nobody was on the side he rolled out to. 
Eleventh sack - ESB is open for a first down crossing the field.  Lol, can't throw to rookie.  must take sack.  must fumble. 

The hell are we using 2018 to try and prove a 2019 point?? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

The one legit criticism of Rodgers is he is risk averse and avoids tossing it away, hoping he can pull something off at the last second.

I agree with this - but - I'm not so sure about the "avoids tossing it away" part. He might be chasing league leader status along those lines. The reason why? A subjective matter.

Edited by Leader

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

We played the Vikings yesterday.

Get me all-22 and I will show you the same ****. 

Lol.  I knew this would happen.  That is literal irrefutable evidence that Rodgers holds onto the ball too damn long and suddenly it's 2019.  This doesn't count.  This isn't clear evidence. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This play ended in a sack, Pugger.  You keep acting like I don't know WTF I'm talking about.  Explain to me why on God's green earth this should EVER end in a sack. 

I'll agree here. Brady would put that ball in 33's hands and let him run with it w/o blinking an eye. Edlemann's made a career out of running short crossing patterns and YAC.

Oh hell. I didnt even notice the image was against the wrong team.

Feel free to discount any of my observations! :)

Edited by Leader