Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:
2 minutes ago, Howler said:

I will keep my mouth shut until the Chiefs game. Defense will not be able to keep that monster unit under 25 points. Let's see what Rodgers does. Does he throw downs away and takes sacks?

Copy the NE defensive game plan.......

Perfect, lucky for us the Jags and Raiders are dumb and didn't do that 

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Copy the NE defensive game plan.......

Reid will tear apart Blake Martinez in that game. All those rbs run a pretty advanced tree and they are aggressive downfield routes.

Another thing I noticed is that the opposing defense can't be mesmerized by the sticks when facing Mahomes. He will literally go for the TD with the high difficulty throw. It's pretty amazing to watch. A QB with such confidence to ignore the traditional down and distance odds. He shouldn't be converting 3rd and long with such frequency but he does.

Edited by Howler

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What about all of the throwaways and incompletions?  It's not merely a matter of sacks. 

He completed 65% of his passes, that's right where we need him to be. He got off rhythm there in the 2nd half, that was obvious to see. Didn't see anywhere near the level of refusal to take what the defense was giving like I did last year.

Here is a novel concept. On script the entire offense was money, Rodgers plant foot would hit, the ball was out, on target and the WR/RB had hit his landmark. Those plays are heavily repped in practice and walked through the day before the game. Repetition, repetition, repetition. 

Like any team we got off script after awhile and there was 1/2 the rhythm. The back foot hit, the ball didn't always come out. What if, and I know this might sound crazy, what if it might take more than a few practice reps and no live bullets for those offensive plays to be run with the same efficiency? What if 2 weeks of full speed work against 2 elite defenses isn't enough time to judge an offense? It's almost like we should all be happy that the team is 2-0 while the offense works out it's kinks and becomes familiar with the new playbook. 

Nah let's keep whining and moaning.

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Remember, all I have access to are TV broadcast images.  Just imagine the open receivers Rodgers isn't throwing to downfield out of the camera's view. 

What you're missing is all the DBs, who are just out of the view of the TV camera, who are in position to break on a throw if you were to throw it to the guy who looks "open" on TV.

Remember, DBs are fast.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Maybe they tried. Maybe they didnt.
Maybe they tried and couldnt pull it off.
Maybe they didnt try and now wish they did.

Maybe.

In all seriousness, the Raiders did and that's why the Chiefs didn't score in the 1st Q. Then Andy adjusted and it didn't matter

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I just don't at all agree with this. I'm sitting there saying to everyone yeah it's a catch but who ******* knows. I figured it would "stand" but I really don't find it terrible myself.

I don’t think it was anywhere close. Not worth the TO risk. Not as bad as last weeks. 

Listen, I’m a MLF fan! But he needs to improve . He can’t go silent for 3 Qs.  What’s wrong with saying he needs to improve? The challenges, play calling , communication , all needs to be better 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

In all seriousness, the Raiders did and that's why the Chiefs didn't score in the 1st Q. Then Andy adjusted and it didn't matter

It's a game of adjustments - and talent matchups. I cant say how it will play out and you'll not catch me downgrading KCs offensive potential - but of recent history, NE shut them down (or held them in check) pretty well......so look to that film for clues.

• Like 1

Rodgers is literally wearing a wrist band right now because he's still learning the new offense.  To expect him to be Tom Brady in game 2 is this new offense is nuts.

The idea that he should be Godgers on every play in an offense that he's still learning is crazy.  But again, outpost has already admitted that his hatred for Aaron Rodgers is based off Aaron Rodgers the person, not the player.  Him wanting to blame everything on Aaron Rodgers being a terrible QB isn't all that surprising.  Just wait, any defensive or special teams struggles will be all his fault soon enough.  

Rodgers didn't play like a god on every play but I'd hardly consider it a bad game.  If MVS and Adams don't drop those contested big gainers that hit them in the hands I'm not sure we're having this conversation today.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Was it just me or it did it seem like there was an unusual amount of penalties on both offenses?

Maybe a slight exaggeration but I can't recall a game in which the officiating crew was that aggressive with OPI.  Minnesota was had 3 of them called.

• Like 1