Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

Just now, Outpost31 said:

And now I’m being silenced.  

Mods actively hate any dissenting views, so they lock a thread that adds visual evidence to my points.  

This is the first step towards tyranny.  First take away the right to free speech, second take away my weapons.  Ray is coming for my keyboard next.

Post your pictures in any thread you want about Rodgers, he's got a ton or post it in here. 

We don't need another new thread with your overdramatic titles.

Also, using still images of a football game to prove any point is a flawed system. Make gifs.

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm sure the Vikings adjusted a bit and took some things away, but the Packers never really got back on track after the Allison fumble.  Luckily we were able to do just enough to salt the game away at the end.  The offense managed a few key first downs on that last drive.  

Yup, that fumble was huge.  Score there and it's a runaway game.  Momentum changed big time with that play.  Let's script out 30 plays instead of 15. :D

Just now, coachbuns said:

Yup, that fumble was huge.  Score there and it's a runaway game.  Momentum changed big time with that play.  Let's script out 30 plays instead of 15. :D

I don't like to play "what-ifs" but there's a good chance if everything is executed properly yesterday that we put up 30+ and they score 10.

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is exactly why I get this way.  There are 8 people on this site who acknowledge that Rodgers has serious faults that have lasted for a serious amount of time.

The rest just simply refuse to see it.  

There are zero excuses for half of the images in this thread.  Few excuses for the rest of them.

Then we’ve got you saying you don’t agree with me.  What is there to disagree with?  It is literally right there.  Clear.  Indisputable.  Visual evidence.  Look at that image in the Washington game and tell me how in the hell that should ever turn into a sack.

You act like I’m the only one turning this toxic.  Look at the responses I’ve gotten today.  I’ve been told I need to re-evaluate my life simply because I inquired about the price of All-22.  I’m the one making it toxic?

I’ve been told I have to drop it.  That I can’t discuss it.  What is there some fricking gag rule against questioning the Almighty Rodgers?

I'll reply to this post because I tagged you in mine.

I do think Rodgers can play better. He has been subpar the past few years, and my hope is that he'll be better in the new offense. He's struggled at times versus two very good defenses, but I liked what I saw yesterday. If a couple of those balls to Adams and MVS were caught, or if Allison hadn't fumbled, I don't think we're having this conversation.

As for your clear visual evidence, I truly have no response. Like many others have said, it's impossible to analyze a still image when none of us know what the play call was, what the progressions were, how quickly the protection was breaking down, etc. Maybe Rodgers should have gotten it out sooner or found one of those guys. He is far from perfect. But I bet you could do the same exercise for most quarterbacks.

What I disagree with is your portrayal of Rodgers as this selfish, oafish, mean-spirited, lousy quarterback. I definitely think he can play better, but I like him a lot. He's my favourite athlete in any sport, in fact. To some degree I am blind to his faults, in the sense that I would rather be optimistic and keep cheering for him as a sports fan rather than scrutinize and disparage him. I'll still criticize him when he plays poorly, but the level you take to is way, way, way beyond anything remotely enjoyable in my opinion.

• Like 2

Just now, Howler said:

Go watch some of the plays Shananan scripted yesterday against the bengals. We're talking receivers open by 10 and 15 yards. I hope the packers will some day have an offense like that.

Well, both Rodgers and LeFleur have been saying our offense won't likely be rolling until halfway through the season. I'm pretty pumped to see we have a defense that can pick up at least some of the slack while the offense gets there. (Really hoping we get there).

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

I'll reply to this post because I tagged you in mine.

I do think Rodgers can play better. He has been subpar the past few years, and my hope is that he'll be better in the new offense. He's struggled at times versus two very good defenses, but I liked what I saw yesterday. If a couple of those balls to Adams and MVS were caught, or if Allison hadn't fumbled, I don't think we're having this conversation.

As for your clear visual evidence, I truly have no response. Like many others have said, it's impossible to analyze a still image when none of us know what the play call was, what the progressions were, how quickly the protection was breaking down, etc. Maybe Rodgers should have gotten it out sooner or found one of those guys. He is far from perfect. But I bet you could do the same exercise for most quarterbacks.

What I disagree with is your portrayal of Rodgers as this selfish, oafish, mean-spirited, lousy quarterback. I definitely think he can play better, but I like him a lot. He's my favourite athlete in any sport, in fact. To some degree I am blind to his faults, in the sense that I would rather be optimistic and keep cheering for him as a sports fan rather than scrutinize and disparage him. I'll still criticize him when he plays poorly, but the level you take to is way, way, way beyond anything remotely enjoyable in my opinion.

Now this is a level-headed take.