Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

Wow.  We're 2-0.  We've beaten two top 5 defenses with an offense that admittedly is a work in progress.  Some are optimistic some are pessimistic.  I really think the posts are ONLY insightful into the poster's perspective.  It's funny how many posters give you the 'agree with me or you suck ARod's balls!' mentality.  Some have already judged Gute as failing because our offense isn't scoring 30 points a game. 

If you can't be happy about the start of this season, no one can help you.  There are things that need to get better, no sh**.  If you couldn't see any improvement from week one to week two it's because you don't want to.  That's your choice.

Also, if you wait to see an open WR it is already TOO LATE!  Rodgers just needs to trust MLF's system and throw the ball ON TIME.

Last comment:  Our defense played well, BUT catch the damn ball!  We could have put them away if our DBs made the plays that good defenses make. Catch the ball!  We dropped at least three gifts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

LOL WTF I JUST SHOWED YOU CLEAR IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE.  THERE ARE PLAYERS OPEN ON ALMOST EVERY SINGLE SACK RODGERS TAKES. 

DID YOU NOT JUST LOOK AT THAT IMAGE I POSTED AND TAGGED YOU IN?  THAT WAS ON FIRST OR SECOND DOWN. 

And that was with MM's offense a couple of years ago.   Like someone else said - he may take a while to break old habits.  But without seeing the entire field YESTERDAY we have no way to know if Rodgers is still ignoring open guys.  

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers took like 2 sacks yesterday and one of them was a clear win from the best rusher on the field vs a TE. The hell we even having this discussion for???

Probably because Outpost isn't happy with AR (and probably never has been).

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

All opened up because of the early big plays to 17. Then the Vikings adjusted and bracketed 17 (like the Bears did all game) and it was up to our other guys to win one-on-one...and they couldnt. 

Case in point: Rodgers threw a great ball to MVS up the seam and he was covered by Kearse, a 220 lb safety who can't run. Yet he was blanketed ALL over MVS and broke it up. MVS needs to dust Kearse 10/10 times there and be open on that throw. It's not happening. 

And if we want to ***** about problems on the offense then perhaps we should be directing our frustrations at Gute for not supplying us with NFL caliber WRs outside of Adams.

Just now, Pugger said:

And that was with MM's offense a couple of years ago.   Like someone else said - he may take a while to break old habits.  But without seeing the entire field YESTERDAY we have no way to know if Rodgers is still ignoring open guys.  

He sure missed on open guys, but you wouldn't see that. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

This is exactly why I get this way.  There are 8 people on this site who acknowledge that Rodgers has serious faults that have lasted for a serious amount of time.

The rest just simply refuse to see it.  

There are zero excuses for half of the images in this thread.  Few excuses for the rest of them.

Then we’ve got you saying you don’t agree with me.  What is there to disagree with?  It is literally right there.  Clear.  Indisputable.  Visual evidence.  Look at that image in the Washington game and tell me how in the hell that should ever turn into a sack.

You act like I’m the only one turning this toxic.  Look at the responses I’ve gotten today.  I’ve been told I need to re-evaluate my life simply because I inquired about the price of All-22.  I’m the one making it toxic?

I’ve been told I have to drop it.  That I can’t discuss it.  What is there some fricking gag rule against questioning the Almighty Rodgers?

You aren't gonna get folks to disagree that Rodgers holds the damn ball too long.  But you are sawing sawdust.   It could be that outside of #17 we don't have decent WRs that can get open consistently.  Most defenses will soon figure out that if you bottle up Adams you can grind this offense to a halt real quick.

Just now, Pugger said:

You aren't gonna get folks to disagree that Rodgers holds the damn ball too long.  But you are sawing sawdust.   It could be that outside of #17 we don't have decent WRs that can get open consistently.  Most defenses will soon figure out that if you bottle up Adams you can grind this offense to a halt real quick.

2nd and 20 with 11:20 to go in the fourth is another good example of him doing that in 2019.  Looks like he could have just thrown it to Williams for 4-6 yards, but just as he looks at Williams he decides to scramble and takes a sack.  A little close, but it could have been done. 

I suspect that these issues are still following Rodgers this year.  If our offense continues to suck two weeks from now, I'll get my free trial and prove it. 

48 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've often felt that the thinks those throws are "beneath" him. There's really no other reason for it. Like he has some vaulted view of how to "properly" play QB.

I think this is true, and I also think he has has stretches where he isn't processing things mentally -- he focuses on the pass rush and isn't keeping his eyes downfield.

He took more of the easy stuff yesterday than I've seen him do in a while. He also threw more dimes than I've seen him make in any given game the last couple seasons. 

• Like 1

You guys think there would be this much talk about the offense if all the points hadnt been scored in a flurry? like lets say we score that first one then 4 straight drives no points, then get another and then 4 drives with nothing then another. Would that have been worth talking about to this extent?

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The difference is those other quarterbacks have been good.  Rodgers has not.  Rodgers has been no better than a very average QB in literally every measurable aspect except TD:INT over the past 5 years.  He is not good.  He hasn’t been good for a very long time.  And your refusal to admit that is a microcosm of Packer fandom that refused to admit that and incorrectly cast the lion’s share of the blame onto a head coach only to find that the same exact issues continue.  

Rodgers holds onto the ball too long.

Rodgers does not keep the offense in rhythm.

Rodgers consistently avoids open receivers looking for more air yards.

Rodgers does not take enough risks.

Rodgers takes too many sacks, harming both his longevity and the offense.

Two head coaches, two offensive schemes, one constant.

you're just as delusional as the folks on the other side of your argument who you are saying are willfully ignorant.

Rodgers did a nice job of checking it down yesterday and taking what the defense gave him.  Rodgers can't be blamed for Allison fumbling.  

MVS is not that good.  Neither is Graham.  You like both players so will do whatever it takes to avoid putting any blame on the talent around him.

The OL surrendered immediate pressure on a lot of plays.

AR's worst play was not trusting Aaron Jones to block harrison smith.  And Jones killed it, and Rodgers killed the play.