The Iron Chef!!

Illadelegend215

Zimmer: "Dalvin is a terrific player because it doesn't matter to him. Obviously, he wants to get 200 yards every week but he's going to do all the dirty work ... he's going to do everything. That's why he's a captain. That's why he comes to work every single day. He's a terrific leader, he's energetic and guys in the locker room really love him."

https://www.vikings.com/news/nfl-week-10-power-rankings-vikings-climb-2nd-straight-victory?fbclid=IwAR2j1LNNkP_hKrJRRfMIcjkYfzyQdPogd6rx-vvOttTeakFtb4OHXgUJhfY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

at this respective point of their seasons.   AD started out slow, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

I just want to point out that slow is being used relatively here compared to the rest of his season. His start to that season was much faster than anyone expected. His start to that season was really quite remarkable. His last half was amazing.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Always? There’s only been one season to draw that conclusion from. Hardly enough to suggest a pattern. 

Cook is in his fourth year. There have been three full seasons from which one could draw that conclusions. In those three seasons, 100% of the time he had more yards in the first eight weeks than he did in last eight weeks. Most of the time, the percentage difference has been huge. Last season was his strongest back eight. Even then he only had 312 yards in the back eight compared to 823 in the front eight.

It does look to be true that to this point Cook has always slowed down on the back eight. It isn't clear to me why exactly you are questioning that fact.

Will it always be true in the future? We cannot know the future. I don't think that Mr @CriminalMind was suggesting he knew the future either. One can draw their own conclusions based on the reality that Cook has always slowed down on the back eight. My conclusion is that throughout Cook's career he will be more likely to have less yards in the last eight games of seasons than in the first eight. In fact, I think that it is so likely that I would be willing to bet on it happening. I wouldn't do that unless I felt the odds were significantly in my favor.

3 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

100% of the time he had more yards in the first eight weeks than he did in last eight weeks.

His first season he got hurt week 4. There was no back eight to draw that conclusion. 

His second year he only played in three games in the first half of the season. Three games where he averaged 33 yards per game and a 2.7 yards per carry average, with zero touchdown. While in the last 8 weeks of the season he averaged 65 yards per game with a 5.3 yard per carry average, and 2 touchdowns. So, he actually did have greater production in the second half of the season compared to the first half. But it was an incomplete season nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

It isn't clear to me why exactly you are questioning that fact.

Because, like I said. 2019 is the only season he’s actually played two halves of a season. And the only season where his production has actually dipped in the final 8 games. 

The only conclusion that can be drawn from Cook’s first 3 seasons is that he’s productive when he’s healthy, and less productive when he’s not. Which simply falls under the category of “no s**t Sherlock”. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1