2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Love arnette. For what Fangio does he’s my favorite CB in the draft. Noah Igbinoghene is a close second. 

Agree...He's not the fastest or rangiest guy but hes just a solid tough football player.  Will hit people and seems to be in position most of the time.

8 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Klis is convinced they’ll go either WR or CB in Round 1, and all but guaranteed a WR in their first two picks. 

Yeah there’s no way they can’t go WR with the top 2.  CB is interesting.  Henderson (who I haven’t watched yet) seems to be the only guy in that range right now and he supposedly can’t tackle and doesn’t want any part of it.  Fangio likes physical CBS so I wouldn’t really see the fit.

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

Yeah there’s no way they can’t go WR with the top 2.  CB is interesting.  Henderson (who I haven’t watched yet) seems to be the only guy in that range right now and he supposedly can’t tackle and doesn’t want any part of it.  Fangio likes physical CBS so I wouldn’t really see the fit.

Henderson is a really gifted cover corner. I don’t really see the value in taking him in the 1st and putting him in this scheme though. You should take CB early if you run a man-dominant scheme reliant on individual talent at the position. This defense is corner-friendly, you don’t need special talent. Would have made more sense in the Wade/VJ years when we ran mostly Cover 1 and some Cover 0. 

Do people want a burner deep threat or a bigger possession receiver? 

I subscribe to the view that Sutton is such an athletic freak of nature that he can do either role equally well so you can choose either to complement him and have him do whatever we need.

However with Lock being such a cannon armed gunslinger I want to try as many home run balls as we can which leads me to wanting a speedy deep threat. Looking at Aiyuk, Raeger and Hamler as options at 46.

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Do people want a burner deep threat or a bigger possession receiver? 

I subscribe to the view that Sutton is such an athletic freak of nature that he can do either role equally well so you can choose either to complement him and have him do whatever we need.

However with Lock being such a cannon armed gunslinger I want to try as many home run balls as we can which leads me to wanting a speedy deep threat. Looking at Aiyuk, Raeger and Hamler as options at 46.

Always a fan of BPA that's why I love me some Ceedee Lamb

Just finished watching CJ Henderson.  His athleticism and coverage ability warrant a top 15 pick.  I don’t know if one could even evaluate if he’s a bad tackler because it’s pretty apparent he’s actively trying to avoid it. I actually think there are times where he intentionally misses hitting the player simply to make it look like he tried and hoping someone else gets the tackle.

25 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Just finished watching CJ Henderson.  His athleticism and coverage ability warrant a top 15 pick.  I don’t know if one could even evaluate if he’s a bad tackler because it’s pretty apparent he’s actively trying to avoid it. I actually think there are times where he intentionally misses hitting the player simply to make it look like he tried and hoping someone else gets the tackle.

If you watch his 2018 tape it’s doesn’t show a great tackler but it shows a will and desire to. 2019 looks like he was trying to protect himself knowing he was going to enter the draft. Which could become a thing in contract years with that mentality. But his years where he is trying to prove himself you’ll likely see more effort. 

21 minutes ago, Counselor said:

If you watch his 2018 tape it’s doesn’t show a great tackler but it shows a will and desire to. 2019 looks like he was trying to protect himself knowing he was going to enter the draft. Which could become a thing in contract years with that mentality. But his years where he is trying to prove himself you’ll likely see more effort. 

Will have to check that out.  In the Miami game there were 2 plays where it’s embarrassingly obvious what he’s doing.  A player with his physical talent and body control doesn’t miss like that. 

That type of mentality and it’s clearly premeditated is concerning.  I think there will be teams that have top 10 grades on him and others who won’t even have him on their boards.

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1

On 2020-04-04 at 11:19 AM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Love arnette. For what Fangio does he’s my favorite CB in the draft. Noah Igbinoghene is a close second. 

Right now Fulton’s my #1 target at CB, but I really like Arnette as well. Gladney and Igbinoghene would be next I think. Gladney looks pretty stiff at times, but I love the bulldog mentality at corner. Igbinoghene has the same, and he’s more fluid, but while our scheme doesn’t call for it as much as some, I don’t like his “island” game. He gets too handsy when he plays press, and struggles to turn his head. But I didn’t realize he was a WR until college, that changes my outlook on him.