2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Hypotheticals to give a guy a 2020 season so we don't become the Cardinals or Panthers??? Bc last I check Carolina never won a title with Cam we Shut that ish down!!!

I mean, yeah. The majority of your arguments seem to be centered around hypotheticals that work in your argument's favor. You've been talking about Lock like he's a star throughout, which is really the point of my original contention. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

We're clamoring for Burrow on the merits of his play and the traits he's shown at the position, many intangible traits that Lock never showed. I don't see the connection at all. 

Well IDK what you were watching when you saw Lock I saw a guy with some footwork issues, was a gun slinger, but he knew how to manage a football game. 

To go up against the number 2 ranked team in the country and only lose by 14 ? To play Bama and punch them in the mouth in the first quarter before a superior team suffacated you and adjusted?

If Burrow is available cash out for picks. And re evaluate in 2021 don't be stupid.

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I mean, yeah. The majority of your arguments seem to be centered around hypotheticals that work in your argument's favor. You've been talking about Lock like he's a star throughout, which is really the point of my original contention. 

A star because I wanna build around him for the 2020 season and think he was great value in the second round?

Do you see the contradiction of that statement?

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Well IDK what you were watching when you saw Lock I saw a guy with some footwork issues, was a gun slinger, but he knew how to manage a football game. 

To go up against the number 2 ranked team in the country and only lose by 14 ? To play Bama and punch them in the mouth in the first quarter before a superior team suffacated you and adjusted?

If Burrow is available cash out for picks. And re evaluate in 2021 don't be stupid.

I was watching a player with spotty accuracy, poor footwork and poor pocket presence. Burrow blows him out of the water in all three categories. It ain't even close.

More spin. They shat the bed. That's okay, but they shat the bed. 

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

A star because I wanna build around him for the 2020 season and think he was great value in the second round?

Do you see the contradiction of that statement?

...did you already forget the posts about being Patrick Mahomes' kryptonite? Being a "great, fun villain"? You've basically used this convo as a forum to daydream about Lock's future stardom. 

I was watching a player with spotty accuracy, poor footwork and poor pocket presence. Burrow blows him out of the water in all three categories. It ain't even close.

More spin. They shat the bed. That's okay, but they shat the bed. 

Just because you're right doesn't mean I'm wrong if you go Burrow what are you gonna do with Drew ? 

He has wayyyyyy more talent than Clausen. All I'm saying is if in the position for Burrow take the haul and revisit the situation in 2021. 

It's a team sport always was and always will be. 

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Just because you're right doesn't mean I'm wrong if you go Burrow what are you gonna do with Drew ? 

He has wayyyyyy more talent than Clausen. All I'm saying is if in the position for Burrow take the haul and revisit the situation in 2021. 

It's a team sport always was and always will be. 

He can compete. Trade him if anyone bites with a Day 2. 

Who has compared him to Clausen at any point? I don't get where that's coming from at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

...did you already forget the posts about being Patrick Mahomes' kryptonite? Being a "great, fun villain"? You've basically used this convo as a forum to daydream about Lock's future stardom. 

If he becomes an elite game manager he can be Mahomes Kryptonite I never said he'll be better than Patty Mahomes no one will be.

In terminator 2 the T1000 was far superior to the T800 but Arnold won in the end bc he had a better team around him.

Edited by thebestever6

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

If he becomes an elite game manager he can be Mahomes Kryptonite I never said he'll be better than Patty Mahomes no one will be.

That's fine. You're still promoting his stardom while being confused that I'm pointing out you promoting his stardom. You can see how confusing that is, yeah? 

Edited by BroncoBruin

That's fine. You're still promoting his stardom while being confused that I'm pointing out you promoting his stardom. It's confusing. 

I just feel like you're already turning the page to Burrow as well as many others in this Forum.

In the words  of the great Lee Corso not so fast my friend. 

I just feel like you're already turning the page to Burrow as well as many others in this Forum.

In the words  of the great Lee Corso not so fast my friend. 

Literally the opposite. My position is the "let things play out" position. Not looking ahead whatsoever and keeping all options open. 

• Like 1

Literally the opposite. My position is the "let things play out" position. Not looking ahead whatsoever and keeping all options open. 

Then I don't know why we're debating lol so you're basically saying Locks resume doesn't matter at this point in time which I agree.

But, the way you dismiss his resume for Burrows while Burrow hasn't even played an NFL preseason makes me feel like you're on the Burrow bandwagon especially trashing Locks College resume when it isn't even half bad.

Then I don't know why we're debating lol so you're basically saying Locks resume doesn't matter at this point in time which I agree.

But, the way you dismiss his resume for Burrows while Burrow hasn't even played an NFL preseason makes me feel like you're on the Burrow bandwagon especially trashing Locks College resume when it isn't even half bad.

Well, my original point was QB and OL are the biggest problems until they aren't. You skipped ahead to Lock being the guy and it being an open and shut case with 2020 all set, which would be an incredibly irresponsible position for a team to take. 

I mean, I like Burrow more, yeah. I think he's a better prospect. As far as the resume goes, that was more a deconstruction of your argument. You were arguing against his bust potential based on the strength of that resume. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Well, my original point was QB and OL are the biggest problems until they aren't. You skipped ahead to Lock being the guy and it being an open and shut case with 2020 all set, which would be an incredibly irresponsible position for a team to take. 

I mean, I like Burrow more, yeah. I think he's a better prospect. As far as the resume goes, that was more a deconstruction of your argument. You were arguing against his bust potential based on the strength of that resume. 

Ahhhhh!! I agree with this whole thing besides the Bolded that's why. 

We have a offense that helps a qb to shine in, we have an OC in Rich who is very excited in Drew's progress and can tell he's worked on his game. Keep in mind Rich is a year 1 OC. What year one OCs have given up on a guy they hand picked? Historically...

So all the evidence points to no qb in 2020 draft you just have to see the 5 games to get on that bandwagon? You can't have any conviction because if you do that gets confused for hypotheticals?

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Ahhhhh!! I agree with this whole thing besides the Bolded that's why. 

We have a offense that helps a qb to shine in, we have an OC in Rich who is very excited in Drew's progress and can tell he's worked on his game. Keep in mind Rich is a year 1 OC. What year one OCs have given up on a guy they hand picked? Historically...

So all the evidence points to no qb in 2020 draft you just have to see the 5 games to get on that bandwagon? You can't have any conviction because if you do that gets confused for hypotheticals?

What makes you think Rich hand picked Drew? 

You're mistaking not having conviction with the greatest knowledge of all: knowing what you don't know. Just keep that in mind.