Week 3 GDT: Raiders @ Vikings

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Have you watched him? Kirk always chokes in big games.

Chokes? Who cares. At least he can play football. 

Carr feels phantom pressure all the time, his big con since college, dumb football IQ, doesn’t look past 15 yards and is easy to gameplan for, and is equivalent to Jay Cutler at eluding sacks. Worse than Brady, Brees, Cousins at avoiding sacks 1000%. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Can’t get much worse than the Carr project. He isn’t even accurate in check downs. Runs into sacks and is not good in serious situations. Time to stop blaming everyone else. Gruden May be having some issues, it’s hard when your qb can’t make good decisions or throw the ball. Time to put this Carr on Craigslist. Slightly used Ford pinto low miles 

Yes. I saw him overthrow a wide open Waller on a key 3rd down. Walk right into a sack on a key 3rd down. Couldn't properly place a ball on a sideline pattern on a key 3rd and 2. A 2 yard out. If a rookie QB is a good QB, then yes, he will be better irrespective of the lack of talent on this team. These are basic plays our team needs executed. A QB that can't execute these is a bottom 10 QB. Carr's feet are shot right now in terms of mechanics and fundamentals. Fixable? Sure. But in year 6, how long does it take..?

• Like 2

Gruden took over a losing franchise last year. He has turned the roster over nearly completely. Carr was a Reggie pick. Gruden likes him. He probably likes the guy as a person as well, but the production is not good enough. We are in position to address this QB problem. It has to done. Carr isn't a rookie. He isn't cheap. He isn't good. Enough chances.

Gruden gets as many years as Carr. I will give  at least 3 before i call for his head.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holyghost said:

Yes. I saw him overthrow a wide open Waller on a key 3rd down. Walk right into a sack on a key 3rd down. Couldn't properly place a ball on a sideline pattern on a key 3rd and 2. A 2 yard out. If a rookie QB is a good QB, then yes, he will be better irrespective of the lack of talent on this team. These are basic plays our team needs executed. A QB that can't execute these is a bottom 10 QB. Carr's feet are shot right now in terms of mechanics and fundamentals. Fixable? Sure. But in year 6, how long does it take..?

Shell shocked into college Carr with worse anticipation. A redemption project has passed its due date. Not much we can do to. It would be a bad business decision to move forward and ride his contract out in a win now what have you done lately scene. Time to move on. The Carr blood is scared of pressure and changes their psyche 

• Like 1

Just now, NJ Raider said:

Jacob Eason is a big dude with a big arm, that is good at extending plays.Take him with the bears mid first and take edge/wr with what will probably be a top ten pick if not earlier. Sign a wr and an edge to be safe.

Unfortunately I think Eason could ball out and be the #3 pick of the entire draft behind Tua and Chase Young. There is A LOT of college football left to be played.

I hate trading up, I really really do. But we have to get our QB THIS draft. We can address WR and EDGE in other ways but securing our franchise QB is of the utmost importance. 

• Like 1