Week 3 GDT: Raiders @ Vikings

RaidersAreOne

26 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Nobody expect us to win this game. Vikings have a top 5 defense at home, and have better schemes 

That’s the problem, when you have a Franchise QB you’re in every game, because he puts you in position to win. They make plays and guys around him are gonna want to make plays as well. That’s how you lead in the NFL, that rah rah **** is dead, you need to ball. Carr’s too busy checking down and running into sacks.

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

When Carr starts shining, people will eat crow or  want him to fail to justify their opinion. Ride it out, and root for our players. Loyalty is underrated 

Look, I’m sure all of us would like him to start shining. But it certainly looks like one year of flukey late game heroics with a top notch supporting cast on offense was the aberration of his 6 seasons here. If all we are doing is chasing the 2016 version of Carr, it’s time to move on. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Lol all these short sighted opinions trying to scapegoat Carr. There’s issues a lot bigger than Carr lol why does everyone always shine when they leave the raised 

I remember this...

Oakland Raiders 1995–present
1995 Jeff Hostetler (11) / Vince Evans (3) / Billy Joe Hobert (2)
1996 Jeff Hostetler (13) / Billy Joe Hobert (3)
1997 Jeff George (16)
1998 Jeff George (7) / Donald Hollas (6) / Wade Wilson (3)
1999 Rich Gannon (16)
2003 Rick Mirer (8) / Rich Gannon (7) / Marques Tuiasosopo (1)
2004 Kerry Collins (13) / Rich Gannon (3)
2005 Kerry Collins (15) / Marques Tuiasosopo (1)
2006 Andrew Walter (8) / Aaron Brooks (8)
2007 Josh McCown (9) / Daunte Culpepper (6) / JaMarcus Russell (1)
2008 JaMarcus Russell (15) / Andrew Walter (1)
2009 JaMarcus Russell (9) / Bruce Gradkowski (4) / Charlie Frye (3)
2010 Jason Campbell (12) / Bruce Gradkowski (4)
2011 Carson Palmer (9) / Jason Campbell (6) / Kyle Boller (1)
2012 Carson Palmer (15) / Terrelle Pryor (1)
2013 Terrelle Pryor (9) / Matt McGloin (6) / Matt Flynn (1)
2014 Derek Carr (16)
2016 Derek Carr (15) / Matt McGloin (1)
2017 Derek Carr (15) / EJ Manuel (1)
2018 Derek Carr (16)

And this...

1988 Jay Schroeder (8) / Steve Beuerlein (8)
1989 Jay Schroeder (9) / Steve Beuerlein (7)
1990 Jay Schroeder (16)
1991 Jay Schroeder (15) / Todd Marinovich (1)
1992 Jay Schroeder (9) / Todd Marinovich (7)
1993 Jeff Hostetler (15) / Vince Evans (1)
1994 Jeff Hostetler (16)

So I really like Carr because I remember things better than others. Carr isn't Patrick Mahomes but neither are Lamar, Watson, Allen, Baker but people think we can get an elite level QB in the draft. LOLOLOLOL NFL and other teams wouldn't allow that. Until this team is sold to a favored owner we will have to make do with what we can get.

• Like 1

Also is Olsen calling the plays because it looks like it. Reminds me of first time he was here. Uninspired play calling and no risks. I remember grudens offense being more open. 

Last drive of game Carr was slinging it and it looked easy. Why isn't the play calling more like that earlier? Carr didn't seem to have issue pushing ball then. I dunno seems odd

Just now, roi34 said:

Also is Olsen calling the plays because it looks like it. Reminds me of first time he was here. Uninspired play calling and no risks. I remember grudens offense being more open. 

Last drive of game Carr was slinging it and it looked easy. Why isn't the play calling more like that earlier? Carr didn't seem to have issue pushing ball then. I dunno seems odd

Gruden also had Gannon and he is a huge upgrade over the current occupant. Olsen May be having a little bit of power but Gruden is judge jury and executioner in offense