Week 3 GDT: Raiders @ Vikings

RaidersAreOne

DC saw his brothers career fold due to punishment and plays like he has PTSD. I’ve never bashed Carr but I’m over it. No more excuses, he plays scared. No fight, enough of the talk, I need results. He simply is not making the plays needed to win in the NFL. We have below average talent across the board, but Carr does nothing to elevate. That floater to Waller is the perfect example, why not hit him and set him up for some YAC? Instead you play it safe and misfire. Dude was wide open, that’s a huge play, we’re in scoring position with 2mins to go in the half and we get it back to start the 2nd. These are game changing situations. He has a good, arm, good mobility, but doesn’t use it. He’s so quick to quit on plays and settle for 3 yard gains, he takes no shots. Dudes are not going to be running free in the secondary, you need to be able to throw it into windows, but he’s too shook to take chances. /rant

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

When the last time a player didnt have to slow down for a Carr deep ball. Nelson had to basically stop for his today. 

This is why those PFF accuracy ratings these Carr homers tried to dish out are hilarious. Of course his percentage is gonna be high when they have to he wide open every time. He underthrows them every time. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

When the last time a player didnt have to slow down for a Carr deep ball. Nelson had to basically stop for his today. 

Even the short passes they have to stop or go back to try and get it. He can’t throw them wide or in stride can’t hit windows. He is just flat out bad in the passing game and makes everyone around him look bad. Phantom pressure the quick check down or throw it away he is the complete opposite of What is needed at the position to succeed in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

Even the short passes they have to stop or go back to try and get it. He can’t throw them wide or in stride can’t hit windows. He is just flat out bad in the passing game and makes everyone around him look bad. Phantom pressure the quick check down or throw it away he is the complete opposite of What is needed at the position to succeed in the NFL.

Been saying this a long time. True Elite QBs throw guys open. Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, etc. They throw guys open. Does not matter who their WRs are. 

Carr does NOT throw guys open. He was never elite and will never be elite. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

That was not a drop.  That was a poorly thrown ball.  Carr is the type of QB that gets in his own way.  He needs to stop thinking and start playing.  He was the problem out there today.  When we needed him he could not hit the open receivers.  We averaged under 5 plays per drive on our first 6 drives.  The score was 28-7 half way through the 3rd by the time we got the ball again and the game was pretty much over.  We are setup to stop the run and control the clock by running the ball.  When the opportunity arises Carr needs to be able to make the throw.  The Vikings just did what we wanted to do and did it better than us.  Carr needs to stop worrying about ending his career from a big hit or else his career is going to end because he is to concerned to make plays.  We would be a much better team with a healthy Alex Smith.

I watched replay 4 times, that's a drop. Hit him in middle of both hands. Was the pass great no? This is the NFL. Not Evey throw will be perfect. That was a drop 100% rest of throws today we're on Carr such as overthrow

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

I told people this was the reality with Derek Carr. So many excuses were given for Carr

It’s emotional attachment to a player, even they don’t realize, it’s subconsciously what’s going on. 

I view rosters the way the Oakland Athletics do. You don’t look at names. At all. Don’t look at personality (unless toxic). You look at numbers and results. That’s it. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I just don’t see Gruden sticking with Carr, he’s a good guy, but soft. Grudens won with guys like Gannon and Brad Johnson.  

The fact Carr can’t play off-script or hit WRs in tight windows taking chances. Carr on the ground in London last year sums up post-leg break Carr he is who he is and I hope Gruden moves on from him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s emotional attachment to a player, even they don’t realize, it’s subconsciously what’s going on. 

I view rosters the way the Oakland Athletics do. You don’t look at names. At all. Don’t look at personality (unless toxic). You look at numbers and results. That’s it. 

true. Must be a tough day for them. Their favorite player is just below average

I've been Carr guy since year 2. Honestly didn't want him in draft. But once he's your guy you support him. U can go back and read and I said Cooper wasn't issue but people blasted me. Cooper is a top end wr and fantastic route runner and still only 24. Carr has some blame... 

He gets his happy feet going and everything goes out window. Very odd he goes from poised in pocket MNF vs broncos to today throwing without feet planted few times. He jeklyl and Hyde

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

true. Must be a tough day for them. Their favorite player is just below average

A’s for example. They never look at names. Never pay big names. Every single year they are projected to be a Bottom 10 team because they have a no-name roster. And every. single. year. they are one of the best teams in baseball. They look at numbers and results. 

Obviously different in football, but you get my main point that you should never get emotionally caught up in a player whether you’re management or a fan. At the end of the day it’s like any job “How has Employee #27 performed and how is he currently performing”. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

A’s for example. They never look at names. Never pay big names. Every single year they are projected to be a Bottom 10 team because they have a no-name roster. And every. single. year. they are one of the best teams in baseball. They look at numbers and results. 

Obviously different in football, but you get my main point that you should never get emotionally caught up in a player whether you’re management or a fan. At the end of the day it’s like any job “How has Employee #27 performed and how is he currently performing”. 

Ok, Billy Beane lmao 

• Like 1