Week 3 GDT: Raiders @ Vikings

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

You aren't wrong, but he did seem to grow out of that until he literally broke his back. And then the follow-up year (last year) had 0 protection. He still has had good moments in that stretch as I alluded to. I wanna see if he can get his head right. But if the rest of the year goes like this.....it might be time to re-evaluate. I'm softer on him than most though because I believe in him. Further, I shudder to think of the QB carousel we'd have with Gruden around.

I don’t disagree with you. I just think he’s completely reverted to his skittishness after the leg/back injuries and the beating he took last season. It’s understandable, but I’d be surprised if he ever bounces back to what we hoped for him to be. But like you mentioned, on the other hand, I have no faith in Gruden to get the QB situation right. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

yeah, sorry that it played out that way, it couldn't have been a fun day for Oakland fans. Vikings are pretty tough at home.

best of success to all you guys from this point on, and in seasons to come.

Good luck you guys as well.

Hope you guys do all Raider fans a favor and beat the Bears everytime this season!

• Like 2

What do you guys think goes through Carrs mind when he constantly throws 3 yard passes to Waller down by 3 scores in back to back games. The defense is giving you these 3-5 yard passes laughing at us. 

What can possibly be going through Carrs head? You can’t get back into the game like that. Just baffles me. 

I’ve really only seen the Denver game and in that one we didn’t need to use Jacobs in the passing game. Other than being a little dinged up could it be that he is staying in to pass block most of the time to protect Carr? Again, I only saw the one game, so I really don’t know. There was all this talk of him being split out and moved around the field but it seems like we are limiting our playbook in order to do everything we can to keep Carr comfortable. Am I wrong?

I understand that screens, swings, and other quick routes to the back will neutralize the pass rush. It just seems odd to me that they aren’t featuring a first rounder’s best assets. Hopefully it’s just that he’s a little dinged up. At least he got a few targets yesterday but I don’t know if they were quality or just dump offs.

2 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Good luck you guys as well.

Hope you guys do all Raider fans a favor and beat the Bears everytime this season!

Yinz should beat Chicago or Green Bay. Even one just helps.

Heck, beat Detroit while you're at it.

And this probably isn't Oakland's year, but we'll try to ruin KC's shot at the #1 seed. We will try!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'm not ready to say that yet. Because I also know he can be the QB we saw against Denver. People like to say he's been 100% garbage the past year or 2, but there have been some really good moments as well. I'm holding off before writing him off. He doesn't always make it easy though.

This is where it gets tricky. He has that game here and there that get you excited. But they are to far in between anymore. The lack of consistency is what worries me. He can go from being confident and poise in the pocket to being an absolute mess. 

The unfortunate part is, he strings together bad games far more than good games. That won't cut it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Yinz should beat Chicago or Green Bay. Even one just helps.

Heck, beat Detroit while you're at it.

And this probably isn't Oakland's year, but we'll try to ruin KC's shot at the #1 seed. We will try!

It isn't the Raiders decade. Maybe 2020 will bring us better fortune in Vegas.

Please beat the Bears twice. KC or NE will have the #1 seed, so either way it sucks as a Raider fan lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

When Carr starts shining, people will eat crow or  want him to fail to justify their opinion. Ride it out, and root for our players. Loyalty is underrated 

No player is above scrutiny. It's about the success of the team. If player is playing like dog ****, then fans are justified to call them out on their failures. There is a different between being a fan of a team, and being a groupie. Blind loyalty is not a good trait. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I'm thinking Winston next year as the Raiders QB. Or Newton. :)

Oh god no. Winston is a turnover machine and Newton is done physically. If there’s a new QB next year i want it to be a rookie. The Raiders have two firsts next year, they need to use them to get a QB if Carr can’t cut it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Oh god no. Winston is a turnover machine and Newton is done physically. If there’s a new QB next year i want it to be a rookie. The Raiders have two firsts next year, they need to use them to get a QB if Carr can’t cut it. 

I know, but I get the feeling Gruden is stuck in his ways, and wants to win with veterans because RAIDERS. Mark Davis needs to get his head out of his butt, and realize you don't make legacy hires because of nostalgic feel goodies. And you don't sign said legacy hires that have been out of football for 10 plus years to a 10 year contract. That's just stupid. Oh, and the GM was also just in the television business, because of course he was. It's just like a more polished version of hiring Tom Walsh in 2006 as OC, who was running a bed and breakfast before getting the call to come back into coaching. Enough with the OG legacy hires. They've straight up MURDERED the Raiders for years. 

Edited by PapaShogun

10 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I know, but I get the feeling Gruden is stuck in his ways, and wants to win with veterans because RAIDERS. 

This team is completely stuck in the past. They always have been. The Raiders are the uncle Rico of the NFL trying to get back to the good ole days.