Jim Harbaugh's future at Michigan

naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

This is why I feel he's very close to being done.  He does have wins and the record looks good on paper but this is bad. I don't know what Michigan will do but, IMO, if he doesn't beat OSU, he might as well start cleaning out his office.

This is exactly what I've been hearing.  Michigan is a program that's not going to be happy with just the wins on paper.  They expect the team to beat ranked opponents, come close to splitting the games with their archrival and compete for the prestigious bowl placements, including the playoffs.  

5 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

This is why I feel he's very close to being done.  He does have wins and the record looks good on paper but this is bad. I don't know what Michigan will do but, IMO, if he doesn't beat OSU, he might as well start cleaning out his office.

But who's got it better then them!!!!

Lifetime extension @JammerHammer21

On 9/22/2019 at 2:33 PM, Nazgul said:

Harbaugh is in his 5th season now.
His previous four: 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 10-3.

Previous season's without Harbaugh:
2008; 3-9, 2009; 5-7, 2010; 7-6 (Rich Rodriguez)
2011; 11-2, 2012; 8-5, 2013; 7-6, 2014; 5-7 (Brady Hoke)

Maybe we forget what we were for the decade before Harbaugh was hired.
We were a bottom-half Big Ten team losing to MAC school's like Toledo.

So maybe we are now spoiled with 10 wins a season? Now that isn't good enough.
I get the frustration that we aren't winning the big games against ranked opponents / rivals / bowl games.
That certainly needs to change. But for right now; Harbaugh isn't going anywhere and he shouldn't.

Loser mentality

It's easy to have these questions after the drubbing that Wisconsin put on Michigan but lets not be prisoner of the moment here. Right now, I feel like Harbaugh actually gives this team the best opportunity to recruit and succeed.

I will say though, it is troubling that we are now this far into this and he's yet to get an adequate quarterback.

Not bold prediction: UM loses at least a couple more games to include the rivalry game. They keep Harbaugh another year. Next August they will still be the trendy pick to make the playoffs and win the conference and guys like Desmond Howard will continue to act like this era since Lloyd left hasn’t happened. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

It's easy to have these questions after the drubbing that Wisconsin put on Michigan but lets not be prisoner of the moment here. Right now, I feel like Harbaugh actually gives this team the best opportunity to recruit and succeed.

I will say though, it is troubling that we are now this far into this and he's yet to get an adequate quarterback.

After the Wisconsin lost? It has been getting brought up the past 3years where his teams have been getting constantly out coached in the big games tho

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Not bold prediction: UM loses at least a couple more games to include the rivalry game. They keep Harbaugh another year. Next August they will still be the trendy pick to make the playoffs and win the conference and guys like Desmond Howard will continue to act like this era since Lloyd left hasn’t happened. 

I don't really think the keeping Harbaugh part of this is that tame. For everyone like Demond Howard, there are at least a few people who think Michigan needs to be winning National Titles or in the conversation every year.

A not that hot take: Harbaugh has done a good enough job to be the guy for Michigan, but it's the fanbases' collective delusions about where their program is that is going to get him canned, or is going to push him to find an NFL job.

You see the same thing all the time. Florida State and Jimbo Fischer was the most egregious, but Tennessee and Butch Jones getting them to an 8 win season or two, Bo Pelini winning 8 games a year at Nebraska, you can keep naming guys who are at jobs "trying to restore former glory" where no reasonable expectation is good enough to keep the fans at bay. So then they move on to the next guy, and the programs all go backwards, so that even when the next savior level HC comes around, there's too big a gap from where they are to where the fans won't call for the coaches' head.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

After the Wisconsin lost? It has been getting brought up the past 3years where his teams have been getting constantly out coached in the big games tho

It's been brought up for the last 3 years by the awful fans who are internet trolls. The small percentage.

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

It's been brought up for the last 3 years by the awful fans who are internet trolls. The small percentage.

Get lost. It's been 4+ seasons. He's never had a really good OL. He's never had a QB or a run game that were above mediocre. He's run off many players that could be helping the team not be awful right now. His defense has been great against unranked teams above all, against good teams they've been ok sometimes and gotten killed other times.

He's 0-7 as an underdog. He's 2-6 (or is it 1-7? Both are terrible, anyway) against the team's rivals. He's 1-10 or something against ranked teams. 

He's a failure. Admit it and deal with it

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 1