Who’s the Problem Freddie, having Monken, or Baker

brownie man

Who’s the Problem?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s the biggest part of the problem?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Baker

The most worrying for me is that Freddie seems to have lost all awareness regarding why it makes no sense to run the same formations and do the same thing over and over again against a defense that continues to show that they know what's coming and how to stop it.

At some point, creative problem solving should kick in. It hasn't and it's forcing Baker and our players to bang their head against the wall and try to execute on mostly playcalls that are setup to fail (even if Landry was open on one call I'm talking more systemically).

What I wouldn't give to have Sean McDermot, Frank Reich, or Kyle Shanahan as our HC.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

A month ago, I would never believe this.

Now, I'm listening.

Even though he’s an awful OC, I think he’s a damn good QB coach (look at Dalton and McCarron in Cincy) and gets his QB prepared week in and week out

right now Lindley is leaving something to be desired as a QB coach (granted it’s been 3 weeks)

• Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 9:13 AM, zelbell said:

Anyone else think not having Zampese is affecting the offense as well?

One of the best and impactful QB coaches on eyes, process keys, and bio-mechanics according to many respected head coaches and QB coaches. 

He struggled as a primary play-caller in Cincy but is a great resource as an assistant OC and play-callers with his big picture work, extensive play database, and obsession with offensive football trends and advantages.

He's the one firing that I knew was going to come back to bite us. Ryan Lindley instead of him is not how I want Baker to be developing.

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Our offense isn't the catastrophe people are acting like it is.  I'd say they all just need more time.

Problem is we dont have a soft part of the schedule to get readjusted. We have to get readjusted in the middle of the hardest part of the schedule and hope to not be too far out of it when it does get figured out.

50 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What has he done wrong?

He could tell the tackles to be more aggressive on their pass sets. Widen the pocket and not worry about setting the depth. Its something the Pats do a lot. Doing the straight kick back to set the depth, has shown our tackles dont have the ability or the technique to handle speed rushers. Now let them be more aggressive. Do a combo 45 degree kickset/jump set. How our tackles to get their hands on sooner and force the DEs to show their hand earlier. It wont allow them to set up a 2nd pass rush potentiall. Maybe making the pocket wider will help because right now the depth isnt.  Maybe doing that allows for bigger throwing windows from the guards on out