Who’s the Problem Freddie, having Monken, or Baker

brownie man

Who’s the Problem?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s the biggest part of the problem?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Baker

The problem starts with Dorsey.  He hired Freddie and he is responsible for Giants trades.  Yes, Dorsey has done a nice job on the roster and the draft.  In regards to cap space, he was fired from KC for lack of understanding the money part.  Tony Romo stated before the season that Browns will go as far as O line will take them.  Last year, O line people were fighting for a job and there was no pressure or expectations.  Clearly, there is a BIG hole on O line.  Browns must be able to run block first and foremost and there is no doubt Dorsey whiffed to acquire stud run blockers.

This season is over as they will be lucky to win one game in the next five games.  So let us open up the offense and let us see who can ball and who is on the way out.

I am on record stating both Giants trades did not serve the Browns at this time.  Give me Zeitler, Peppers, and #1 and #3 instead of OBJ and Vernon.  Yes you cannot live in past but these trades show weakness in Dorsey trades.

26 minutes ago, #32 said:

The problem starts with Dorsey.  He hired Freddie and he is responsible for Giants trades.  Yes, Dorsey has done a nice job on the roster and the draft.  In regards to cap space, he was fired from KC for lack of understanding the money part.  Tony Romo stated before the season that Browns will go as far as O line will take them.  Last year, O line people were fighting for a job and there was no pressure or expectations.  Clearly, there is a BIG hole on O line.  Browns must be able to run block first and foremost and there is no doubt Dorsey whiffed to acquire stud run blockers.

This season is over as they will be lucky to win one game in the next five games.  So let us open up the offense and let us see who can ball and who is on the way out.

I am on record stating both Giants trades did not serve the Browns at this time.  Give me Zeitler, Peppers, and #1 and #3 instead of OBJ and Vernon.  Yes you cannot live in past but these trades show weakness in Dorsey trades.

This is just wrong.

The OL was fine once Freddie took over last year. Yes, we traded away Zeitler, but Kush hasn't been that bad. If we kept playing with the same style that we played with last year, the OL would look better. It's still a need, but I think it would be fine for this year if we were playing the type of offense that we should be playing.

Vernon hasn't recorded a sack, but he's still been good. From everything I've heard from Giants fans, Peppers has been bad. He was good for us last year, but losing him isn't the reason we're struggling.

Dorsey needs to address the OL next offseason, and I'm sure he will. But he is not the problem. Dorsey hasn't been perfect, but most teams would kill for a GM of Dorsey's caliber.

• Like 3

I agree that its all problematic...

First of all I will start by saying Dorsey is not to blame.  There is a TON of talent on this team, we should be playing MUCH better than we are...

As far as who's to blame? here is where I would start.

1. Freddie.  I like Kitchens.  I like him a LOT.  I thought when we got him we would stick with the same play caling as last year.  What the hell happened?

2. Baker.  I wouldn't have said this before last night, but watching him scramble to the right into pressure out of a clean pocket is scaring me.  I know there is a sophomore slump but he is really not looking good right now.  He is looking like a Rookie.

3. Monkin.  You can say that this is him not adapting to the team, or not fitting the system to the players, but hes not calling the plays.  He is only preparing our offense. 

Freddie told us at the beginning of the season we will use parts of the offense that will work, and no use stuff that doesn't.  Things are NOT working and we continue to use them.  When the short quick passes are working we stop going with that.  Honestly with Baker we should run New Englands version of the WCO with screens and picks.  I don't understand what were doing running 4 vertical.  Its terrible game planning...

• Like 1

It all rolls downhill, so Freddie has to take the lion's share of the blame here. I worry he has too much on his plate, and am not sure handing the play calling reigns over to Monkey would solve it, since Monkey's offense last year seemed built around things that this roster is not built for.

3 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

It all rolls downhill, so Freddie has to take the lion's share of the blame here. I worry he has too much on his plate, and am not sure handing the play calling reigns over to Monkey would solve it, since Monkey's offense last year seemed built around things that this roster is not built for.

Agreed. I'm afraid we'd see more of the same if Monken were to take over as play-caller.

1 hour ago, #32 said:

I mean, this is a neat story and all, but not remotely accurate.

Baker has the 3rd longest time to throw in the league at over 3 seconds.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw

He has plenty of time.  He’s holding it too long/the plays are too slow to develop.

As far as the run game, we’re averaging 4+ ypc.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That was legit awful.

That said, there aren’t a lot of great plays for 4th and 9...

No, but it may have helped to call something (if you are going to go for in with 9 yards required) that had a chance. It was also attempted after ten seconds of trying to get the Rams to go offside.

It looks like he totally misread where Baker is as a QB right now. Everything is so basic and ineffective.

• Like 1

Baker's shown that he can be an effective QB. He's shown it in a high tempo offence, that doesn't allow a defence to get properly set. He's highly accurate when he's in rhythm, arm strength for days. Now obviously, defences would have made adjustments to this, but to get away from this much is just stupid.

• Like 3