Week 4 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Denver Broncos

Joe_is_the_best

2 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I would say let's end the OL issues. I mean I think you could Dak like production from Lock with solid protection and a good running game.

The line group is so deep the top of round 2 might have guys Munchak can turn into pro bowlers. I have no doubt the line will be addressed even more at some point. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Fangio is a terrible HC. That’s obvious. The team is unprepared and the defensive scheme is a joke at best. The problems on offense I can understand, rookie OC and a veteran QB who is what he is. But Fangio was supposed to be a defensive guru? At least Joe Woods could coach to his talent. Vic is doing in defense what Mac did on offense - try to fit square pegs into round holes. And the results speak for themselves. 

I really couldn’t disagree more with your observations. What, did you really think we’d be a good team? Sorry bud but that’s dilussional.

Weve got a very young team, no depth, talent depleted, new systems and new staff. You’re spoiled! I’m pleased with what we’re doing. We’re very competitive, trying to establish a new culture and get back to the top. We’re improving weekly but what we thought would be the strength of our team, defense, is not even average.

Lighten up. It’s a long season. Let’s see what we’ve got. Then panic all you want.

• Like 2

Von showed he still has it.  Harris had another blanket cover game    

Sutton & Sanders came to play.  

The young CB’s showed promise.   

And our best players are again our young ones (plus Von) and guys we are looking to sell. Both Harris & Sanders should get nice pick compensation when Elway takes calls from buyers.   

Hopefully Elway has seen enough to end the “still can contend” talk like after Week 3 post game.  Let the 2020-21 rebuild be official and get CHJ / Sanders on the market (he wouldn’t commit to say 2020 was lost last post game he should be taking calls tomorrow AM). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I really couldn’t disagree more with your observations. What, did you really think we’d be a good team? Sorry bud but that’s dilussional.

Weve got a very young team, no depth, talent depleted, new systems and new staff. You’re spoiled! I’m pleased with what we’re doing. We’re very competitive, trying to establish a new culture and get back to the top. We’re improving weekly but what we thought would be the strength of our team, defense, is not even average.

Lighten up. It’s a long season. Let’s see what we’ve got. Then panic all you want.

I agree with this post. Worst case scenario right now is the roster gets stronger under Fangio, gets turned over and developed. 

If he commits coaching errors year 3 and doesn't improve it's a different story. Bring in a better manager. 

Fundamentally and culturally I see a difference. I see light at the end of the title. I'm also more excited post week 8.

13 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

You’re all delusional...this is so bad and it’s going to get so much worse...Elway’s legacy is, gone. 

Literally the only way it can get worse is if Elway sits on this roster like he's nesting an egg.

People are overreacting to 0-4 start or win loss record in general.  What this team didn't get lucky to a 2-2 record and it's panic mode?

I'll take a legitimate 0-4 over a muffed younghoe Koo kick, and a couple of bs wins.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

You’re all delusional...this is so bad and it’s going to get so much worse...Elway’s legacy is, gone. 

His legacy isn’t ever going to be gone.  SB’s last forever.  And he still does a lot well (contracts, UDFA, etc).   But the notion that he’s infallible left the building a while ago (Day 2 draft and  internal QB development well known even when we were successful).  IMO we will look at the 2017 draft as the point it opened the casual fanbase’s eyes (many of us called it well before it was obvious).  

The ironic part is that Elway in 2018-19 appears to have learned from the 2013-17 Day 2 mistakes in a huge way.  But the damage was already done and why we see it now. 

And yes it’s going to be get rougher once Manny Sanders and CHJ are gone.  

Let us win 1-2 games but mostly let’s see the kids play hard.  Get the highest pick possible.   We need all the talent infusion that we can get.   

Edited by Broncofan

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Fangio is a terrible HC. That’s obvious. The team is unprepared and the defensive scheme is a joke at best. The problems on offense I can understand, rookie OC and a veteran QB who is what he is. But Fangio was supposed to be a defensive guru? At least Joe Woods could coach to his talent. Vic is doing in defense what Mac did on offense - try to fit square pegs into round holes. And the results speak for themselves. 

The problem is the square pegs. 

It would have been nice to win that game, but you don't mind losing it either.

I think most people are already there, but don't invest yourself in the Broncos' ability to win or lose these games. There are several young players who are a lot of fun to watch, just focus your energy on watching them grow. I'm okay with what I'm seeing right now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

the intangibles of this team are terrible 

This organization was banking on guys like Von Miller and Demaryius Thomas, not to mention the revolving door of QBs nobody on the team really respected, setting the standard of excellence and hard work for young players to follow. These are the results you get. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Elway shouldn't of been given the green light to draft another high round qb, and hire a whole new staff if we are going to cut bait after 1 year or during it.

That's a jaguars or an old Cleveland Browns move. That's the biggest mistake this organization could make.

You’ve got it right bud. It’s a process and will take a year or two of good drafts and FA decisions to really turn things around.

Calling Fangio a bust as a HC at this point is absurd. He’s doing what he can with what he’s got. 

So, my advice to every Broncos fan, chill out, look for the positives, guys you can build around. Are we going in the right direction?  Good discussion rather than “we suck, fire everybody”. 

Listen, I think you guys are great. Knowledgeable fans, better than most pros and I’m not jerkin your chain. Many of you though (most?) aren’t used to a losing team. I grew up with it. 

How do I view today’s game? Simple, best half of football we’ve seen fo a long time. Pretty pleased by Hollins, Reed, Duke, the left side of the OL , Chubbs motor"."....."........ Flacco’s a solid QB, Fanta got amazing potential as does Sutton, Lindsay. Freeman’s solid and Risner is a stud. His presence is having a great effect on Bolle’s. 

We lost to a more talented team. Fair enough. Best game we’ve had so far though.

Anyway, told ya I’d give ya my pops take on the OL. Sadly, they didn’t show the Denver game here. We got Bears/Vikings. His prior observations though are pretty simple so I’ll share them.

LT.    If he’d quit wanting to fight and just play football he could be pretty good

LG kids a good ball player. He belongs.

C  Doesn’t belong there. Too slow and doesn’t have the skill set

RG Powerful fat kid that’s a force going forward and a liability in everything else

RT which turnstile are we talking about?

Almost verbatim guys. Thought you’d get a kick out of a 97 yo guys observations.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Von showed he still has it.  Harris had another blanket cover game    

Sutton & Sanders came to play.  

The young CB’s showed promise.   

And our best players are again our young ones (plus Von) and guys we are looking to sell. Both Harris & Sanders should get nice pick compensation when Elway takes calls from buyers.   

Hopefully Elway has seen enough to end the “still can contend” talk like after Week 3 post game.  Let the 2020-21 rebuild be official and get CHJ / Sanders on the market (he wouldn’t commit to say 2020 was lost last post game he should be taking calls tomorrow AM). 

Good for Von.Incredible force in the first half, no show in the 2nd. 

Yay.