Week 4 GDT: Titans vs. Falcons

KingTitan

9-0 when the offense scores at least 22 points someone said? I wouldn't give up much for Miller, the same as Ramsey.

Outstanding players that are worth way more to a team that can already score points than they are to us.

We need players to help us over that 21 point threshold. Von Miller isn't scoring us more points.

If I’ve learned anything as a Titans fan, it’s that one week means nothing for the next week. But man, in theory, this should’ve been big for Mariota’s confidence in AJ and CD. He delivered the ball on time and to a spot and his receivers created plays for him, something that he’s never really had in his career.

• Like 1

I don’t want to focus much on negatives, but it’s pretty clear teams are looking for screens when Dion Lewis is on the field. It might be time to scrap them for at least a few games. And those bootleg rollouts to the right are terrible. Conklin doesn’t have the athleticism to get out and block and Mariota’s athleticism means edge defenders are often playing contain, which leaves them just waiting for it.

Maybe it’s something you can do to the left with Lewan back, but we wasted six or seven plays today on screens or those rollouts, which is particularly frustrating when your QB is killing it from the pocket.

• Like 2

Its hard to complain about a defense that just gave up 10 points to Julio and Ryan... But man, it just felt like they carved us up. Guess Pees is all about that bend /don't break defense... But the excessive use of zone left huge holes. Hooper musta ended up with 150, no? Definitely a career game. 

But none of the secondary players had a bad game. So many times Ryan had minutes to throw back there, and would end up throwing the ball away. Has a secondary ever played as great as ours did today while still giving up 400 passing yards? (I'm sure Ryan got there, if not close to it)... 

The pass rush was pathetic though. We ended up with a few sacks, but they were coverage sacks more than our rushers generating a quick rush. It's been the same the past 3 weeks. We need to do something here. And it needs to happen 2 weeks ago. 

Again, 10 points... Hard to complain... But they need to tighten things up if we hope to make a deep playoff run. 

On offense... Wtf was up with all the naked bootlegs?! I swear, none of them worked, and you'd think anyone worth a damn would scrap them from the playbook, today at least. The screen game too. Freaking Smith man, I swear. 

But at least he did put Mariota in the shotgun more often in the 1st half. I've been saying it for a couple weeks at least... Crazy to think what a qb can do when you start playing to his strengths and allow him to get into a rhythm. I gotta go back and look at the stats, but I think Mariota put up 400+ combining last week's 2nd half and this week's 1st (with great efficiency #s to boot). Smith reverted in the 2nd and the offense couldn't get in a rhythm in the 3rd. It was great to see Henry getting into his groove in the 4th though. 

That should be the formula going forward... Let Mariota get his rhythm going early, put us in a lead, then let Henry and the defense do their thing late in the game. 

Going for it on 4th when the easy FG would have put us ahead by 3 scores in the 4th May be the most bone headed call I've seen in a long time. I just knew the Falcons were thing to drive it down our throats the ensuing drive and would be within a TD. They drove, but the D showed up when it had to. <phew>

29 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ramsey isn’t helping this bad pass rush. The secondary is the main reason this defense is good. Sure I’d love to have Ramsey but an elite CB isn’t changing this defense much.

Yes it can you’re not thinking fourth dimension Marty 😩 remember the Rex Ryan Revis Island days. The jets didn’t have a great pass rush either, but because of Revis he allows you to send extra blitz. When you have a guy that can shutdown 1 side of a field without help, you can scheme up blitz which is what pees is great at, we also can allow Byard to Roam in the middle of the field. Look how today we played so much zone & was shading coverage around Julio. Ramsey helps us get coverage sacks 

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Yes it can you’re not thinking fourth dimension Marty 😩 remember the Rex Ryan Revis Island days. The jets didn’t have a great pass rush either, but because of Revis he allows you to send extra blitz. When you have a guy that can shutdown 1 side of a field without help, you can scheme up blitz which is what pees is great at, we also can allow Byard to Roam in the middle of the field. Look how today we played so much zone & was shading coverage around Julio. Ramsey helps us get coverage sacks 

I honestly don't know if I could deal with your posts if we ever got Ramsey. As it is, I can't deal with your Adoree apologists/nut hugging posts. 

I don't even wanna imagine xD

16 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

That should be the formula going forward... Let Mariota get his rhythm going early, put us in a lead, then let Henry and the defense do their thing late in the game. 

With Lewan back and all the weapons healthy, this has to be the plan moving forward. Henry is the hammer in the second half, but the offense needs to be focused on running through Mariota and getting him comfortable, because the entire team is on another level when he’s in a rhythm.

In case it wasn’t clear heading into the year, after the last two weeks everyone needs to recognize where his strengths are and what kind of offense we need to run (and that’s made a whole lot easier with our LT back). 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

don't worry. Landry worked on a million new pass rushing moves all offseason and its only a matter of time until they miraculously all come together and he turns into the next LT 

He's saving them for the playoffs. Wouldn't want opponents to get them on video during the meaningless regular season games. I think in the post games, Vrabel actually said they were thinking of sitting him next week so he doesn't give anything away. 

Edited by ragevsuall17