BDL 2019 Week 4 - Cuba Smugglers @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

Whicker

Cuba Smugglers @ Williamsport Soul Reavers  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cuba Smugglers
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2019 at 04:00 AM

I'd like to see less of an aggressive defense from Williamsport especially because I do think they have an elite pass rusher in Shaq Barrett and an overall pretty strong front 7 with Reader playing well. I don't quite get how corners are playing Cover-2 while you're blitzing every play as you need your linebackers to drop and defend the middle. I actually think the aggressiveness pays off some here though as Cuba wanted to come out with some longer developing routes (deep ins) and a running based strategy. I think Cooks gets open quite frequently on his crossers.

I think Williamsport has good success against Cuba's scheme with their short throws as a good counter to a vanilla Cover-3. I'd like more info from Cuba on their defensive gameplan overall as I feel like they just talked about how good their players have been without specifics on what exactly they're doing (like when/how is Kyle Van Noy being used and for whom?). I would really like to see Williamsport use other methods of avoiding pressures/blitzing rather than keeping their RB in to block as they have RBs that can catch and do things in space. Overall I feel like Williamsport's offensive gameplan is strong against what Cuba brings to the table this week.

I'm going against the grain here and I'm picking Williamsport. I think both teams made defensive mistakes, but I think, at home, Williamsport is able to make better use of the rewards gained. Cuba's first drives are going to stall out IMO due to the unexpected aggressive nature from the Soul Reavers. The Soul Reavers sustain a couple, long drives and go into half with the lead. Cuba is able to rip off a couple of big pass plays but continue to struggle to sustain drives with a halted run game and poor protection (don't think a TE chip is going to slow down a pass rusher by itself and it'll be tough to help Havenstein when he's got extra guys coming at him). Williamsport D makes a couple of big sacks and a turnover to cling to a win at home.

@MD4L you have Jensen listed in your lineup and bench. Doesn't matter really but in case you want to copy and paste next game

As I said in the Anchorage game, team blizting over 50% of the time is not my cup of tea. And again, you got the DPOY so far on the edge. Trust him and Burns to put pressure on Watson. I think there are too many big plays for Cuba, on the ground and through the air, to keep up for a somewhat limited WSR offense.

28-16 Cuba

Wasn't expecting it, but this is actually a really good game.  Cuba's defense looks not up to the task of pressuring Dak with W'Port's offensive plan.  Dont hate relentless blitzing with a ball control objective offense, but I dont think it was entirely needed against Cuba with Barrett outperforming.  Dak looks to be more consistent than Watson right now.  Taking Williamsport in an upset at home.

Unfortunately for WSR, it's the same for me this week.  They really have an excellent defense overall(those 4 starting LBs plus Burns is just filthy), plus a great QB and solid OL.  They just don't have the weapons to keep up.  And by blitzing every snap, I think they'll give up a couple big shots that will keep them from being able to match Cuba in points.  

Its comical how determined you guys are to make sure the new guy loses every gam.

You all say that you have a problem with a team blitzing more than 50% of the time it actually makes it sound like you dont know anything about football considering many teams blitz on nearly every play with some amount of players.

Hey its whatever I knew when I sent in the game plan I'd Lose this game. Same way I know how all of you are voting next week and at this point...I really really, no longer give a damn

Edited by wwhickok