BDL 2019 Week 4 - Anchorage Wolves @ Hungary Hippos

SirA1

Anchorage Wolves @ Hungary Hippos  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Anchorage Wolves
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2019 at 04:01 AM

One of the key factors to me here is how Hungary anticipates the blitz being sent.  I think he planned to capitalize on that beautifully, and the fact that Anchorage just plans to increase it's blitzing if they can't get home just increases the Hungary potential for big plays. 

I like all the variations that Counselor created out of the 12 base, making that formation unpredictable isn't easy and it gives you so many options. To this note, something looks wrong with Kirk Cousins, and I just don't see him consistently moving the ball against an equally physical defense enough in this game. 

Hungary 17-10

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

One of the key factors to me here is how Hungary anticipates the blitz being sent.  I think he planned to capitalize on that beautifully, and the fact that Anchorage just plans to increase it's blitzing if they can't get home just increases the Hungary potential for big plays. 

I like all the variations that Counselor created out of the 12 base, making that formation unpredictable isn't easy and it gives you so many options. To this note, something looks wrong with Kirk Cousins, and I just don't see him consistently moving the ball against an equally physical defense enough in this game. 

Hungary 17-10

Four for four against me this year. Ouch 

The way to get kirk cousins to suck at football is to blitz him cause he panics under any kind of pressure.  Sending four against a line playing really well isn't gonna get it done when your corners are struggling like Hungary are. 

On the opposite side I can swear some success running seams against the cover two zone with the the te but neither Metcalf or Slayton would ever be confused as route to runners at this stage of theirs career.  Larry will get his and fournette should have a solid game against mostly zone d. 

In the end of think Anchorage can move the ball just a little more consistency. 

Anchorage 17-13

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

The way to get kirk cousins to suck at football is to blitz him cause he panics under any kind of pressure.  Sending four against a line playing really well isn't gonna get it done when your corners are struggling like Hungary are. 

On the opposite side I can swear some success running seams against the cover two zone with the the te but neither Metcalf or Slayton would ever be confused as route to runners at this stage of theirs career.  Larry will get his and fournette should have a solid game against mostly zone d. 

In the end of think Anchorage can move the ball just a little more consistency. 

Anchorage 17-13

Sending more means losing bracket coverage on Kittle. Is that more advisable?

Melvin isn't struggling. He is actually the #2 lowest completion percentage against him this season.  

Edited by PR

9 minutes ago, PR said:

Sending more means losing bracket coverage on Kittle. Is that more advisable?

Melvin isn't struggling. He is actually the #2 lowest completion percentage against him this season.  

Uh huh.  And the other corners? 

You have Luke freaking Kuechley man.  Yes you shouldn't double Kittle 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Uh huh.  And the other corners? 

You have Luke freaking Kuechley man.  Yes you shouldn't double Kittle 

He's playing a two wide base utilizing a two TE scheme. Aqib Talib has also been one of the best CBs in the league for years. So... you have Boyd and Kupp versus Melvin and Talib. 

19 minutes ago, PR said:

He's playing a two wide base utilizing a two TE scheme. Aqib Talib has also been one of the best CBs in the league for years. So... you have Boyd and Kupp versus Melvin and Talib. 

Talib has not been good this year. Why are you using past years? Current performance my friend 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PR said:

Cause he doesn't talk about utilizing three wide in its own section.. Or.. Anyrhjng

Not doubt Talib had been great.  He looked slow last couple weeks.  Maybe age, maybe injury but I can't unsee it 

I really don't like teams that blitz over 50% of the time. NFL teams don't do that for a reason. If you start expecting a blitz it's easier to adjust and find quick passes and a bunch of space. I think Anchorage is over-aggressive here and it allows Wichita to get a couple of big plays. It also can work in their favour in the run game. Screw up a game gap and Fournette suddenly has 20 yards to run towards. Especially since Anchorage DL is good enough. Cam Jordan is great and Vita Vea is turning into a monster. Trust your players, drop more people to help a very suspect secondary.

On the other side, I'm not sure why Kuechly is covering Ingram. Ingram is a good runner but, while respectable, isn't a great receiver. Wasting the best LB in the game on him is a mistake imho. And, in this case, Hungary should have send some blitzes. Anchorage OL is really good and I don't know if they can apply their usual amount of pressure on them. Will give some opportunities to Cousins to make a couple of plays, though I do have to take into account the level of play from Cousins since the beginning of the year.

I think Anchorage dominates the time of possession, but they let Hungary stick around with big plays and dumb plays by Kirk. Too close to call for me so I went with the home team. 24-21 Hungary.

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 1

As much as the Anchorage team tries to slow down the RPO of the Hippos with the cold and snow on the tundra, not gonna happen with Fournette having a breakout and Goff picking apart the secondary when given time behind the oline. The RPO dynamic duo of Goff and Fournette runs down the competition 

Hippos 38-24