NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

12 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Davis gets screwed by being on the same team as LeBron and D12. His "Off" minutes view him as replaceable because they have another elite rim protector and offensive player making it look like he doesn't impact the game.

Correct.. every stat is going to have its issues, doesn't mean you throw them away completely. If a stat shows the league's Top 4 players as Lebron, Harden, Kawhi and Giannis then it's probably doing something right.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Dion Waiters suspended again xD. This time for 6 games for, among other things, "continued insubordination". This is his 3rd suspension of the season.

Why not just cut him m and deal with whatever financial situation rather than have him jeopardize the locker room and stuff Curry Chloe has no future with the heat, or possibly anyone else

Edited by resilient part 2

7 hours ago, braylon said:

Correct.. every stat is going to have its issues, doesn't mean you throw them away completely. If a stat shows the league's Top 4 players as Lebron, Harden, Kawhi and Giannis then it's probably doing something right.

The problem is that we have people (not necessarily on this board) that do use it as the end-all, be-all.  It's not like WAR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Only teams worth a damn that the Bucks beat during their win streak are the Pacers, Clippers and Jazz.

And the Pacers were on the back end of a B2B.

not impressed

lol

Guess everyone can win 17 straight then. The Bucks are 17-0 vs teams below .500 (while being 6-3 vs teams over .500). You beat the teams put in front of you. BTW those are the exact same stats the Lakers have (17-0 vs sub .500 and 6-3 vs over .500). The amount of teams with a better over .500 win percentage than the Bucks? 1. You'd have a point if the games were close. The net differential in those 17 games is 15.9 PPG with 2 of those games being within 5 points at the horn. I'm shocked that a really good team is beating teams put in front of them. It's almost like they are supposed to win and they do. Wow.

Edited by beekay414

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol

Guess everyone can win 17 straight then. The Bucks are 17-0 vs teams below .500 (while being 6-3 vs teams over .500). You beat the teams put in front of you. BTW those are the exact same stats the Lakers have (17-0 vs sub .500 and 6-3 vs over .500). The amount of teams with a better over .500 win percentage than the Bucks? 1. You'd have a point if the games were close. The net differential in those 17 games is 15.9 PPG with 2 of those games being within 5 points at the horn. I'm shocked that a really good team is beating teams put in front of them. It's almost like they are supposed to win and they do. Wow.

17 straight NBA wins is impressive anyway you slice it 

• Like 1

What do people make of Draymond Green?  Top 25 player? Top 50? Glorified role player? Has your opinion of him changed at all from last year?

Unsurprisingly putting up pretty porous #s in an offense w/out Curry, Klay and/or KD. His DRtg of 109 is on pace to be worst in his career... but nobody ever thought of him as a #1, or even #2, option when they called him a top 20 player or gave him all-NBA recognition. The caveat all along was that he was just the ultimate complimentary piece due to his defensive versatility and prowess, and good b-ball IQ on offense.... of course, that’s a pretty big caveat, needing 2 all stars to make your presence felt. Rodman, a guy often compared to Draymond in terms of being a great player despite lackluster offense, was at least still owning the glass and spearheading good defenses for the handful of bad teams he played for (his last year in Detroit and Dallas season). Granted Rodman never played on a team as devoid as talent as the current Warriors.

I’m beginning to think Draymond was a manufactured star all along. Just ended up in the perfect scenario for him to shine. Everyone suspected his offense was the product of being surrounded by stars, but I think his D was as well. Draymond isn’t a rim protector, he was never locking guys out on the 3 pt line. He was just a guy with a high motor and good IQ that thrived in the Warriors fundamentally sound, well oiled team defense, one where everyone was on the same page and he was allowed to kind of swarm around or not be left in 1v1 scenarios.

Many always thought of Green as overrated, but I think it goes beyond not being a top 25 player. I legitimately question if he has ever even been even a starter level player in the NBA when you look at his game. No doubt his leadership was invaluable to the GSW dynasty, so I wouldn’t say they win 3 w/ just any athletic PF in his role.

Maybe this is just an overreaction though? I mean he is truly playing alongside garbage:

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What do people make of Draymond Green?  Top 25 player? Top 50? Glorified role player? Has your opinion of him changed at all from last year?

Unsurprisingly putting up pretty porous #s in an offense w/out Curry, Klay and/or KD. His DRtg of 109 is on pace to be worst in his career... but nobody ever thought of him as a #1, or even #2, option when they called him a top 20 player or gave him all-NBA recognition. The caveat all along was that he was just the ultimate complimentary piece due to his defensive versatility and prowess, and good b-ball IQ on offense.... of course, that’s a pretty big caveat, needing 2 all stars to make your presence felt. Rodman, a guy often compared to Draymond in terms of being a great player despite lackluster offense, was at least still owning the glass and spearheading good defenses for the handful of bad teams he played for (his last year in Detroit and Dallas season). Granted Rodman never played on a team as devoid as talent as the current Warriors.

He's a bum. I've said it for years and nobody could convince me otherwise. If he was on a team like the Pistons or Knicks, nobody would care about him or call him a top player. He's a nobody. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I’m beginning to think Draymond was a manufactured star all along. Just ended up in the perfect scenario for him to shine. Everyone suspected his offense was the product of being surrounded by stars, but I think his D was as well. Draymond isn’t a rim protector, he was never locking guys out on the 3 pt line. He was just a guy with a high motor and good IQ that thrived in the Warriors fundamentally sound, well oiled team defense, one where everyone was on the same page and he was allowed to kind of swarm around or not be left in 1v1 scenarios.

Many always thought of Green as overrated, but I think it goes beyond not being a top 25 player. I legitimately question if he has ever even been even a starter level player in the NBA when you look at his game. No doubt his leadership was invaluable to the GSW dynasty, so I wouldn’t say they win 3 w/ just any athletic PF in his role.

Maybe this is just an overreaction though? I mean he is truly playing alongside garbage:

He's clearly declined and is on a team that has holes everywhere. You need a prime Dwight type guy to make up for that and  that's not his style of play. He's not an elite rim protector but he is an all time great PNR defender which is arguably as important in the modern NBA. The numbers show that the D with/without him paint him as huge impact guy on D (less so now). His offense has always been that of a 4th/5th option and it's getting worse. I never bought into him being a top 10 guy like some true analytics fans but at his best he was clearly one of the best role players ever and a top 20 guy in terms of impact. Current Draymond is closer to a top 50ish player.

Look at the impact numbers.

2013-2014: #1 Defensive PF (#12 overall), +4.9 OnCourt

2014-2015 #1 Defensive PF (#1 Overall), +16.1 OnCourt (2nd on team to Steph)

2015-2016: #1 Defensive PF (#3 overall), +18.5 OnCourt (1st on Team)

2016-2017: #1 Defensive PF (#2 overall), +15.9 OnCourt (2nd on team to Steph)

2017-2018: #3 Defensive PF (#12 Overall), +6.8 OnCourt 

2018-2019: #1 Defensive PF (#4 Overall), +10.5 OnCourt (3rd to Steph/KD)

It's pretty difficult to make the argument that he's fluked his way into being the most impactful defensive 4 in the NBA 5/6 years and routinely put up better +/- numbers than every Warriors outside of Curry.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1