NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

12 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I just read the box-score. ZION played 15 min. You mean if he played 18 minutes (the last 3 in the game) that would have been bad?? For a 19/20 year old with no injury??

#fireGentry

It’s not a Gentry decision. You think that guy wants to bench Zion? Lol

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Because Clippers just are deeper with more shot creators. They can erase deficits late in games in mere minutes. Did that at Xmas and yesterday. Lakers two big line up also doesn't work as it kills the spacing and hurts LeBron's ability to get to the rack.

Depth really only matters in the regular season, because teams tighten their rotation in the playoffs.  Most teams usually only go 7-8 players deep in the playoffs.  I'd agree that the Clippers are deeper, but aside from Lou Williams, I'm not sure there's really anyone coming off the bench or even in that 2-5 range that really stands.  Montrezl Harrell is a strong big to have off the bench, but I'd argue so is Dwight Howard.  The Clippers do have more ball handlers, but there's really only 3 guys that I'd really consider shot creators (maybe 4 if you want to include Reggie Jackson).  The Lakers really only have 2 (LeBron and AD).  Dion Waiters doesn't make good enough decisions to qualify.  And the two-bigs seemed to have works since they run with a lot of Anthony Davis and JaVale McGee/Dwight Howard.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Clippers definitely had more than 18 FTs. Seemed like both teams took 30+ last night. And while AD is obviously a problem, he still isn't a big factor in the 4th quarter. The games still come down the LeBron either making or not making plays during the closing moments. LeBron is also now having to exert a lot of energy guarding Kawhi on the other end. Going to be a tough long series if these two teams face off in the WCFs. 

Not sure why I typed 18, it was 26 I believe.  Either way, it was more or less about the point about Anthony Davis getting the Clippers' bigs into foul trouble.  Zubac, Green, Noah, and Morris had 17 fouls over 73 minutes, which is roughly a foul every 4.3 minutes.  There's only so many bodies the Clippers can realistically throw at Anthony Davis and to a lesser extent Dwight Howard.  Agreed about LeBron making the plays though.

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Maybe not playing Zion was the right choice...

Maybe the biggest gm of the reg szn bubble is today, MEM v Portland. 

Also if anyone is playing daily fantasy (idk if that is a thing tbh) Thomas Bryant might be a good choice. He averages 24 and 13 v the Suns lol and it is his bday. 

It didn't help that he put no effort at all on defense or on the boards. He pretty much just stood around on that end. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Depth really only matters in the regular season, because teams tighten their rotation in the playoffs.  Most teams usually only go 7-8 players deep in the playoffs.  I'd agree that the Clippers are deeper, but aside from Lou Williams, I'm not sure there's really anyone coming off the bench or even in that 2-5 range that really stands.  Montrezl Harrell is a strong big to have off the bench, but I'd argue so is Dwight Howard.  The Clippers do have more ball handlers, but there's really only 3 guys that I'd really consider shot creators (maybe 4 if you want to include Reggie Jackson).  The Lakers really only have 2 (LeBron and AD).  Dion Waiters doesn't make good enough decisions to qualify.  And the two-bigs seemed to have works since they run with a lot of Anthony Davis and JaVale McGee/Dwight Howard.

Not sure why I typed 18, it was 26 I believe.  Either way, it was more or less about the point about Anthony Davis getting the Clippers' bigs into foul trouble.  Zubac, Green, Noah, and Morris had 17 fouls over 73 minutes, which is roughly a foul every 4.3 minutes.  There's only so many bodies the Clippers can realistically throw at Anthony Davis and to a lesser extent Dwight Howard.  Agreed about LeBron making the plays though.

It's just about depth, it's about the number of shot makers/creators the Clippers have opposed to the Lakers. Clippers will still use at least a 9 man rotation in the playoffs and they are more than capable of using more, if need be. 

While AD right now may be the best player LeBron has played with (Excluding 2011 Wade), he's not a guy that can take preasure off of him late in games. Wade and Kyrie were able to go get their own offense and just flat out take over in big stretches. That will never be AD. Dude legitimately has been a non-factor in almost all the 4th quarters offensively against the Clippers. LeBron is already going to struggle to generate good looks against Kawhi/PG so it doesn't help when the leading scorer gives nothing down the stretch. May need to sacrifice some defense by giving Waiters minutes. 

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If you say so.  The Clippers simply don't have the size.  Anthony Davis had his way with the Clippers' big men, and he had 17 FTA.  The Clippers as a team had 18.  There's simply no way the Clippers can matchup with size.

so your saying not having 2 of their best players in a one point game didn't matter or won't??

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

It’s not a Gentry decision. You think that guy wants to bench Zion? Lol

So the coach isn't in charge... OK Puppet Gentry, besides, It's not like I said play him for 30 minutes... Is their a big difference between 15 and 18 min?? N.O could not even get a good look late in that game, Zion made what 6 out of 7??

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Maybe not playing Zion was the right choice...

Maybe the biggest gm of the reg szn bubble is today, MEM v Portland. 

Also if anyone is playing daily fantasy (idk if that is a thing tbh) Thomas Bryant might be a good choice. He averages 24 and 13 v the Suns lol and it is his bday. 

Even if Zion sucked on defense etc,,  then Sub him in and out on Off/def possessions.. Coaches can't make pre-game decisions. There always needs to be a in game adjustment for coaching.. Again, If the Pels were scoring well without Zion then fine, sit him, but they absolutely sucked in the final 3 minutes getting off any good looks..

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Jon Isaac stands during the anthem. Prob the only player who will. He is a super religious weirdo so that prob has something to do with it. Also play him decent minutes here please

Best player in the NBA tbh.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

So the coach isn't in charge... OK Puppet Gentry, besides, It's not like I said play him for 30 minutes... Is their a big difference between 15 and 18 min?? N.O could not even get a good look late in that game, Zion made what 6 out of 7??

I mean have people not paid attention all year? He’s been on a minutes restriction. Griffin and the medical team make the decision, Gentry isn’t going to just ignore his boss.

Like Spartica said, it’s about the next 10 years for them not this bubble.