NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Toronto may have lost Kawhi, but they're still contenders in the East in my eyes.

Can’t underestimate the champs. Yea Kawhi is the best player in the league and an amazing clutch playoff performer and we wouldn’t have won without him but this is still the second best raptors team ever imo. It’s better than that team from two years ago that won 59 games. 

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope. Kawhi flat out was better than him and was able to take over and make plays that Giannis wasn't. That is no "narrative" being created, just reality. And it's not about Giannis "taking the fall" for the loss, just simply put that Kawhi was the superior player. Either way, Giannis can't take the mantle until the playoffs, that's the biggest point here. 

I don't really care about that. If you want to use that as a negative against him, that's fine. Personally? Don't give AF as long as he continues to kill it in the postseason and put the team on his back as he did the last two postseasons. He's had some epic postseason runs. That matters more to me than him missing 20 or so regular season games.

Best ability is availability. He can't show up 25% of the time and never will for the rest of his career. He's had the most protected career ever. Give me Giannis and LeBron over him.

13 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Come on man when have I not joked around aside from my team losing in a soul crushing manner in the playoffs plus you stole my bit haha. 

What’s his face on Boston is a nice solid young player that has actually impressed me this year. He’s going to get better. 

Fair enough. And by the way siakam Pascal is playing like potentially a top 3 forward in the NBA this season as of now I can't argue that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Best ability is availability. He can't show up 25% of the time and never will for the rest of his career. He's had the most protected career ever. Give me Giannis and LeBron over him.

Cool, I'll take the guy in the postseason in a heads up series that will shine better and put the team on his back.

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope. Kawhi flat out was better than him and was able to take over and make plays that Giannis wasn't. That is no "narrative" being created, just reality. And it's not about Giannis "taking the fall" for the loss, just simply put that Kawhi was the superior player. Either way, Giannis can't take the mantle until the playoffs, that's the biggest point here. 

He really wasn't but ooooooookaaaaay

Whatever, don't care. It's the playoff narrative so, yeah, there is one. He's 25 and he's the best player on the planet. No question about it. Y'all have fun. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cool, I'll take the guy in the postseason in a heads up series that will shine better and put the team on his back.

FVV making 80% from 3 is Kawhi putting the team on his back???? Loooooooooooooooool

Y'all see what you wanna see, it's really crazy. I wish my team was good enough that my superstar could pick and choose when to play but the reality is, Giannis IS the Milwaukee Bucks. If he doesn't play, we don't win. He doesn't have the luxury that Kawhi has had his entire career. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

FVV making 80% from 3 is Kawhi putting the team on his back???? Loooooooooooooooool

Y'all see what you wanna see, it's really crazy. I wish my team was good enough that my superstar could pick and choose when to play but the reality is, Giannis IS the Milwaukee Bucks. If he doesn't play, we don't win. He doesn't have the luxury that Kawhi has had his entire career. 

Kawhi was the one making or creating all the plays for the Raptors. I not once said he scored all the points for the Raptors in those close games. Let's not get silly here. But the Raptors offense was simple, give the ball to Kawhi and let him either isolate or run a high pick and roll and then he would create for others. 

Let's not act like going into that series the Raptors were the favorites or had such a superior team. Nope, that right there is creating narratives. Heck, the Raptors were so close from falling down 0-3 in that series. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He really wasn't but ooooooookaaaaay

Whatever, don't care. It's the playoff narrative so, yeah, there is one. He's 25 and he's the best player on the planet. No question about it. Y'all have fun. 

He really wasn't what exactly? Kawhi wasn't superior than Giannis in that series? Huh? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kawhi was the one making or creating all the plays for the Raptors. I not once said he scored all the points for the Raptors in those close games. Let's not get silly here. But the Raptors offense was simple, give the ball to Kawhi and let him either isolate or run a high pick and roll and then he would create for others. 

Giannis was doing the exact same thing. The ONLY difference was his teammates weren't hitting open looks and Kawhi's were. It's really that simple. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Nah. Last year was far from Giannis being the issue. He faced 1 on 3 every time he drove and his teammates missed open looks in a tight series. No way am I letting him take the fall for that. But y'all do what you gotta do and think what you gotta think, as wrong as it may be. The difference in that series was Kawhi's teammates hit shots, Giannis's didn't. But, sure, narratives and such. Have fun with that. 

Yeah...but is that not a flaw in his game? His inability to shoot means you can just force him into contested lanes because he isn't going to beat you with his jumper.