Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

True Robbie Anderson most likely goes to Philly in an overpay don't ask me why. 

DeSean has hernia issues, and Howie and Joe Douglas have a relationship. 

I think NYJ would have to be blown away though to trade Robbie A.   Herndon is a complementary guy, not a Kittle type talent.

Dawson Knox, on the other hand (he's going nowhere....just if you are talking future TE fantasy stars).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Dawson Knox, on the other hand (he's going nowhere....just if you are talking future TE fantasy stars).

I don't know how that guy fell to the 3rd round yeah you got your move and in line guys. 

You just can't sell me on the guy that Cincinnati drafted over Knox in line or not. 

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I went into it with such low expectations that I ended up not hating it. Fun in enough of it, but nothing needed 

I am a little curious why I hear Paul Bettany's voice on the Mandalorian trailer.  He played Dryden Vos in Solo and had Mandalorian armor behind him on his ship.  Maybe he did not die.

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think NYJ would have to be blown away though to trade Robbie A.   Herndon is a complementary guy, not a Kittle type talent.

Williams and Robbie for a swap of picks and a player or two helps both teams this year. Wonder if one or both move though. Can’t leave Sam out to dry.

Would be all for moving Agholor as part of it. Gets almost $10 mil off the books and frees up a roster spot. He’s worth maybe a 5th in terms of comp pick value next year. Maybe Gase will have better luck with him.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

yeah but he ain't coming back. I think Bennett was a cap relief move to acquire a TE.

Bennett is pretty much an buffoon. He got suspended for conduct detrimental to the team and afterward was unapologetic and only cared about himself. That doesn't fly in Patriot-land. If Belichick could have accepted an 8th round pick for him...I'm pretty sure he would have...just to prove a point.

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Williams and Robbie for a swap of picks and a player or two helps both teams this year. Wonder if one or both move though. Can’t leave Sam out to dry.

Would be all for moving Agholor as part of it. Gets almost $10 mil off the books and frees up a roster spot. He’s worth maybe a 5th in terms of comp pick value next year. Maybe Gase will have better luck with him.

The only issue is that Williams for sure is going to get paid.   So that's an end-of-3rd comp pick coming NYJ's way in the formula for 2021 (subject to NYJ not bringing back a big FA, I know).  Anderson seems like he'd get 8-10M AAV (and TBH, I'm not sure why NYJ wouldn't sign him and STILL draft WR in Day 1-2 - Robbie A the bridge to the rookie taking over being a true WR1 year 2-3, like we see with Sutton in DEN - he certainly wasn't ready last year to be an alpha guy).    He's not returning nearly as much, but there it's more a Q of how badly do you leave Darnold short-handed.  You could argue we're doing the same if we throw Drew Lock to the wolves in 2H this year, but we have Sutton as his main guy still around.   Crowder & Herndon are nice complementary guys, but they're not alphas, the guy that helps bail QB's out of pressure situations.

Bottom line being that GM Joe Douglas isn't looking for a complete fire sale - I imagine he sees this market, and is going "wow" - he wants to be wow'd with an offer he can't turn down.  I think with Quinnen Williams now in the fold, Leonard Williams is a guy who may be more expendable, but also not at bargain prices - I think it's at least a 3rd there, if not a 2nd.  We'll see.

Edited by Broncofan

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I already have him lol.  But Herndon isn't a guy who wins on his own.   Nice future asset, though.

The real fantasy TE gem that costs nothing is Dawson Knox.   Before @Counselor plants the flag that he was the first, I'm calling my shot in public here.  The next Kittle.

I think he will be good I don’t know about the next Kittle you can plant that flag lol. He has to cut down on the drops and he is in a time share. 

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think he will be good I don’t know about the next Kittle you can plant that flag lol. He has to cut down on the drops and he is in a time share. 

Drops are a very fair issue.   The timeshare is with Tyler Kroft, so it's a nuisance this year...but long-term, it's Tyler Kroft, man.  Zero concerns about that competition.

And remember - Kittle broke out year 2, to be clear.   I'll never call a rookie breakout season ever, the learning curve is just way too steep.  But this is the year to get in on the ground floor cheaply, and reap the benefits in year 2+.   Knox needs this year to learn the pro game, and get up to full speed (esp since he came to the position late, and was underused because Ole Miss had these 2 diva stiffs DK Metcalf & AJ Brown - I mean, why would you throw it to *those* guys over Knox??? Right????).   

So to be clear, I'm talking dynasty terms for Knox & Kittle comp-wise. 

Edited by Broncofan