NLWC: Brewers @ Nationals

Eagles27

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

brewers just suck. benefited from a weak schedule to end the year, no one really thinks theyre playoff worthy and somehow by the grace of god they get into position to wing this game and eliminate an actually good team and they brewer it away.   im gonna really enjoy them being completely mediocre for the next 5 years. after that theyll just be awful and i may feel bad for how bad they are.

Who are you?

• Like 2

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

Not reading this thread but ik rams and bk are probably raging at the umps...but I think they were right not to overturn it.

So does this count as the Montreal/Washington franchise’s first series victory? Even tho it’s just to get to the NLDS again?

It's a bad replay call but honestly I just feel bad for Grisham more than anything.

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Brutal call on that HBP. I thought it pretty clearly hit the bat then the arm. His reaction suggested it too.

I had the same thought, but the ump’s shouldn’t consider the player’s reaction in their review. It’s a split second call that most would assume a HBP.

While it probably hit the bat simultaneously, I don’t think they had the proper angle to overturn it. Y’all have every right as fans to hate on it so I’ll never hold it against you.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Nationals winning the WS without Harper would be a thing of beauty. Probably not gonna happen though. 

It’s silly to use a WS win as a way to “own” Harper. The team consistently let him down during his tenure and he knew the Phillies were a worse team than the Nats. He just wanted $$

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I had the same thought, but the ump’s shouldn’t consider the player’s reaction in their review. It’s a split second call that most would assume a HBP. While it probably hit the bat simultaneously, I don’t think they had the proper angle to overturn it. Y’all have every right as fans to hate on it so I’ll never hold it against you.

The ball may have hit the knob of the bat and gone on to hit his hand - but visually you couldnt tell. In fact, from the camera angle, the ball "went behind" the knob of the bat and you could see the knob's entire outline against the white of the ball - which hit the outside of the guys left hand. Could it have hit off (or scraped) the bat and hit his hand? Sure - but the images dont support (or tell you) that.

• Like 1

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

It’s silly to use a WS win as a way to “own” Harper. The team consistently let him down during his tenure and he knew the Phillies were a worse team than the Nats. He just wanted $$

Sometimes teams are better without star players like Harper. Chemistry and willingness to work as a equal unit. A’s and Rays come to mind, who ironically both play tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

The ball may have hit the knob of the bat and gone on to hit his hand - but visually you couldnt tell. In fact, from the camera angle, the ball "went behind" the knob of the bat and you could see the knob's entire outline against the white of the ball - which hit the outside of the guys left hand. Could it have hit off (or scraped) the bat and hit his hand? Sure - but the images dont support (or tell you) that.

You could see the bat move from impact before his arm moved from impact. It was a missed call.

• Like 1