GDT " Fancy a Pint Mate?" Edition: Bears & Raiders 10/06/19

malagabears

The OL struggles were showing last year in run blocking, but pass protection is now an issue as well.  It's weird too, as not only is Long playing badly, Leno playing sloppy but even Whitehair and Daniels have been nothing special to my eye.

We're now in a position where Trubisky needs to come back hot for us to be talking playoffs.  

I think a lot of you against using any draft capital on a QB might be right, we need help up front first.

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I still have faith Nagy will lift this offence from where we are right now...like you said we just need enough if we can get this defence back to full health I still think we make it.

The only offenses worse right now are the Jets and Dolphins.

I am not sure how you rescue this offense, unless Trubisky takes a big step with a mangled shoulder or we magically stumble onto some starting quality OLmen.

Looks like we were sleeping during the game.  I believe leaving Chicago on Friday was an issue.  Had we left earlier in the week, it may not have been.  Nagy says that wasn't the case, but it looked like it was.  When we made our comeback, it looked more like the Raisers shooting themselves in the foot more than we're getting pressure, creating turnovers, etc.  Oakland dominated the line on both sides, and that's mainly why they won.  We need a much better game plan with the Saints coming in in two weeks. 

1 hour ago, Bowler1215 said:

Looks like we were sleeping during the game.  I believe leaving Chicago on Friday was an issue.  Had we left earlier in the week, it may not have been.  Nagy says that wasn't the case, but it looked like it was.  When we made our comeback, it looked more like the Raisers shooting themselves in the foot more than we're getting pressure, creating turnovers, etc.  Oakland dominated the line on both sides, and that's mainly why they won.  We need a much better game plan with the Saints coming in in two weeks. 

They left on Thursday

4 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Had we left earlier in the week, it may not have been.  Nagy says that wasn't the case, but it looked like it was.

At this point I wouldn't expect him to throw himself under the bus and admit he might have made a bad decision that cost the team. How long have we heard about "getting the run game going"...

12 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

NFL UK had a poll a few years back that had the Bears as the 2nd most supported team in the UK behind the New England Patriots...

Also have to commend the sheer volume of American fans that traveled over...the hotel we were in was full of fans from both sides but the Bears outnumbered the Raiders fans about 4-1 and on the streets it was more like 10-1...got talking to a good few of them at the hotel bar and all seemed pretty cool if a little confused with some of the accents xD

The Patriots being the most supported team in the UK is kind of ironic to me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Still an issue, most likely. 

I don't think so.

Long and Leno are horrible. Miller is an idiot. Daniel makes awful throws. Tabor is a fool. Raiders' OL is massive.

All of that is true whether the Bears are playing in London or Chicago. IMO it had nothing to do with jet lag.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

Well we were absolutely god awful. But I have never cared less about a loss.

This weekend made me so glad I chose to support the Bears all those years ago. My Saturday was spent meeting Akiem Hicks and Haha Clinton-Dix, then off to a completely packed out pub that was decked out in navy and orange, and was playing the fight song with the entire place singing along. Come back soon please Chicago Bears, I absolutely adore this team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

Well we were absolutely god awful. But I have never cared less about a loss.

This weekend made me so glad I chose to support the Bears all those years ago. My Saturday was spent meeting Akiem Hicks and Haha Clinton-Dix, then off to a completely packed out pub that was decked out in navy and orange, and was playing the fight song with the entire place singing along. Come back soon please Chicago Bears, I absolutely adore this team.

This is a cool post. Cohen was at a New Era store doing a public appearance on Friday too

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

This is a cool post. Cohen was at a New Era store doing a public appearance on Friday too

Yeah it was at the same time as Hicks and Clinton-Dix which was a bit odd. Chose Hicks because he's one of my favourites of the last few years. Exactly how he comes across during interviews too, laughing and joking with everyone. 

Missed Peanut Tillman by about two minutes as well, would have loved to meet him.

Just now, RJ_11 said:

Yeah it was at the same time as Hicks and Clinton-Dix which was a bit odd. Chose Hicks because he's one of my favourites of the last few years. Exactly how he comes across during interviews too, laughing and joking with everyone. 

Missed Peanut Tillman by about two minutes as well, would have loved to meet him.

Huh. I thought Cohen's was Friday and HHCD/Hicks was Saturday. Yeah that's a bummer and odd planning for sure