GDT - Week 5 - A Monday Nighter in the Afternoon?

brooks1957

The mistakes are obvious, it is what it is.

The positives: Penalties were not a big problem. Despite coming out flat and the 9ers making some big plays we did respond but did not capitalize in the red zone trips. Another case of beating ourselves.

Inexperience showed and it's something to learn from. Its been said expect ups and downs. Its frustrating that the downs are this lopsided but that's the way it is with new coaches and players on both sides of the ball. 

Team is just as impatient as we are and will be driving for consistency. Especially with these teams running their mouths after the fact. They should be running them beforehand if they really think Baker sucks, but we all saw how that worked out for Rex Ryan. 

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The difference isn’t Greg Williams tho. He has a solid enough coaching staff that he can lean for help. 

- I think so, he wasn't anyone's friend and held people accountable for their actions, Baker took the least path of resistance in choosing Kitchens. Gregg wouldn't have stood for the some of the shenanigans Baker gets away with, with Kitchens (Especially the handshake)

- Also, at worst, we would have been more physically prepared than we were last night, we wouldn't have just laid down. I know that for damn sure...

- I'm not saying he would have been the end all be all as a coach but there were some fundamental things, that wouldn't have happened under his leadership. Hell, we fought and competed at the highest level, do you see that with this team?

14 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- I think so, he wasn't anyone's friend and held people accountable for their actions, Baker took the least path of resistance in choosing Kitchens. Gregg wouldn't have stood for the some of the shenanigans Baker gets away with, with Kitchens (Especially the handshake)

- Also, at worst, we would have been more physically prepared than we were last night, we wouldn't have just laid down. I know that for damn sure...

- I'm not saying he would have been the end all be all as a coach but there were some fundamental things, that wouldn't have happened under his leadership. Hell, we fought and competed at the highest level, do you see that with this team?

I think Greg looked good last year cause it wasn’t Hue

also Freddie should know better just from the HCs he learned under. Maybe it’s just a larger learning curve than expected. I thought their be a learning curve but that the offense would be the same but we’re not even getting that. 

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

This team is weak mentally and more disappointing then the loss is that we fold and mail it in when things don't go our way. The team quit and gave in. Great teams fight no matter what adversity hits until the final second ticks off.

It's worse to have talent and to come out with nothing than it was during the Bryce Treggs Kasen Williams Cody Kessler Deshone Kizer era. The losing and underachieving was expected.  Now, I at least expect the surplus of talent will fight.

We haven't seen it more often than not, and I can't stomach it much longer.

Yup. And that's why I said last night's game might be the worst I can remember as a Browns fan. We've played worse and gotten blown out by more in the past, but that was during years where we had no talent and expected to lose. This year we have talent, and while I'm not at all shocked that San Francisco won, I am shocked at how bad we looked in nearly every facet of the game.

It's just absolutely embarrassing and discouraging.

This team has to respond in a big way next week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think Greg looked good last year cause it wasn’t Hue

also Freddie should know better just from the HCs he learned under. Maybe it’s just a larger learning curve than expected. I thought their be a learning curve but that the offense would be the same but we’re not even getting that. 

Hue Jackson - Team had no talent, team fought

Gregg Williams - Team had better talent, team fought

Freddie Kitchens - Team has great talent, team lays down at the first sight of adversity

Quit making excuses for the guy...

• Like 4

Watching Freddie's press conference and it's been a similar theme: "I put guys in a bad situation." So, he's aware that he's doing it, yet he's done it every single week with the exception of last week.

Yeah, it's a great idea to put a TE one-on-one against Bosa. When it's not a TE, it's Greg Robinson who has shown that last year seems like it was a fluke. How about you put both Robinson and a TE on him to help Robinson as much as possible?

Freddie is not the only one to blame for the loss, but I think he's the main one. But still, our players need to play better. Baker was terrible but our receivers didn't help him either - Callaway had an easy TD and there were a couple of drops that should have been easy completions.

I'm not ready to give up on Freddie or this team yet, but I'm close to turning sour on Freddie. I'd love for him to succeed with us but this has been unacceptable. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Hue Jackson - Team had no talent, team fought

Gregg Williams - Team had better talent, team fought

Freddie Kitchens - Team has great talent, team lays down at the first sight of adversity

Quit making excuses for the guy...

Dude, I've been as critical of Freddie as anyone this season, but Gregg Williams was NOT the answer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Dude, I've been as critical of Freddie as anyone this season, but Gregg Williams was NOT the answer.

Please, by all means tell me what I stated isn't true.....

And I'm not saying Gregg is the answer, just making a point

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Just getting annoyed. The things that got Freddie the job he isn’t doing it. 

wasnt he preaching about Keeping it simple and what not? He is making everything so complicated 

Im really wondering how hard it is just to throw to OBJ. They make it seem like rocket science for him to get open. Is it because of the offensive line not giving enough time for lets say....a 10 yard in route, crossing route or out route to the sideline to develop? 

Whats the catch and why does it seem in order to complete a pass it has to be brain surgery with triple options and reverses.