GDT - Week 5 - A Monday Nighter in the Afternoon?

brooks1957

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honest opinions on this? I know most here are hardcore Buckeyes fans, so is it a bit bitter sweet hearing and seeing this? 

I didn't care about the flag thing and did care that Nick just bailing on the team to focus on the NFL so nothing bittersweet imo. Hope Baker has success and don't care one way or the other about Nick Bosa. Still a Joey fan though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matt27j said:

Laying this one on coaching....again. Couldnt watch first half but sure looks like a half thought through gameplan. Vanilla route designs. 

Baker is not a big qb, he is a Brees type even if he thinks he is Favre. So don't even try the deep crap unless it's been set up because he's going to get rattled easily and can't see. 

Bake needs a rb we can lean on in the pass game aka Hunt. 

Since Kitchens basically took this game off hopefully he brings it against either sea or ne. 

Win one of those and the enthusiasm well be right back where it was. 

Throw deep from the play action, it worked and it means we are running chubb our best player on offense and probably our team mvp. 

We have to drop everything that is the air raid, none of it works with us, we dont have the oline for it, and baker doesnt qb it well. 

Our defense wasnt that bad despite the score, randall played well, schobert looks like a very good player. Our corners got beat as much as you could be expected. 

Mack also looked good, which is awesome another great 5th rounder.

Feddie needs to own the team play what works. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I would love to see routes like, Slants and Short crossing routes. Everything we do takes so long to develop 

On the goaline we had obj 1-1 vs a stacked box and ran chubb into 2 defenders, there needrd to be anaudible for a slant there 

• Like 1

I loved everything Freddie was doing before the season. Loved how he handled taking the job, like the staff he built. loved the way he was running the practices and handling the camps from what the media was saying. Like everything you wanted from a HC before the games played he was acing it. Once the season has started, he has been complete garbage when it mattered most. 

I know it’s early. We’re 5 games in and we have are kinda on pace from what we all expected. Big difference is we thought we would beat the Titans. Things will get easier once this stretch is over but I am starting to lower my approval rating of Freddie

What he was able to do with baker last year got him this job. If this plays out all season, Freddie should lose the job because Baker has looked awful  

also what the hell is Campen doing? Our OL looked completely unprepared for that DL! Can we cut Robinson and not resign him, please...

35 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

On the goaline we had obj 1-1 vs a stacked box and ran chubb into 2 defenders, there needrd to be anaudible for a slant there 

We we’re one of the best redzone teams last year, now we are one of the worst!

This team is weak mentally and more disappointing than the loss is that we fold and mail it in when things don't go our way. The team quit and gave in. Great teams fight no matter what adversity hits until the final second ticks off.

It's worse to have talent and to come out with nothing than it was during the Bryce Treggs Kasen Williams Cody Kessler Deshone Kizer era. The losing and underachieving was expected.  Now, I at least expect the surplus of talent will fight.

We haven't seen it more often than not, and I can't stomach it much longer.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honest opinions on this? I know most here are hardcore Buckeyes fans, so is it a bit bitter sweet hearing and seeing this? 

I have no problem with it. I can’t say as a Browns fan I took enjoyment in everything, but he’s Bosa is a competitor and was out there dominating and playing with energy. As s Buckeye fan also, I saw how things went in college and can’t blame Nick for the carryover. Bosa made Baker and our OL his ***** and didn’t mind making it known. Good for him. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don’t mind it all, Baker deserves it. Huge Buckeye fan and I didn’t like when Mayfield planted the flag, then my thinking went straight to well then we should have one. Btw the back and forth is just football. If you want to shut someone up than you gotta win. So no I don’t mind what Bosa did. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

This team is weak mentally and more disappointing then the loss is that we fold and mail it in when things don't go our way. The team quit and gave in. Great teams fight no matter what adversity hits until the final second ticks off.

It's worse to have talent and to come out with nothing than it was during the Bryce Treggs Kasen Williams Cody Kessler Deshone Kizer era. The losing and underachieving was expected.  Now, I at least expect the surplus of talent will fight.

Yeah they quit and cave so easily.

But....  this is a young team learning how to win.  This is the stuff people are talking about when they say that the Browns aren’t ready to be legit contenders. You don’t build resiliency overnight.

But generally I agree, they can’t continue to get curb stomped every time they start to fall behind.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, matt27j said:

Laying this one on coaching....again. Couldnt watch first half but sure looks like a half thought through gameplan. Vanilla route designs. 

Baker is not a big qb, he is a Brees type even if he thinks he is Favre. So don't even try the deep crap unless it's been set up because he's going to get rattled easily and can't see. 

Bake needs a rb we can lean on in the pass game aka Hunt. 

Since Kitchens basically took this game off hopefully he brings it against either sea or ne. 

Win one of those and the enthusiasm well be right back where it was. 

The common theme of the two blowouts losses we've had is that we got punked and out coached. We didn't match their wit, nor their intensity, plain and simple.

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm actually all for it, he had it coming, nothing wrong with a nice slice of humble pie. Karma always has a way of biting you at the most inopportune time.....

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

This team is weak mentally and more disappointing then the loss is that we fold and mail it in when things don't go our way. The team quit and gave in. Great teams fight no matter what adversity hits until the final second ticks off.

Preach.......

We have a team of front runners, and whats worse is I don't think Baker is equipped to put this team on his back and lead them through tough times...

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Preach.......

We have a team of front runners, and whats worse is I don't think Baker is equipped to put this team on his back and lead them through tough times...

Yeah Baker isn’t equipped to do it yet. This team really needs a Joe Thomas...damn you football gods!!!

the way this team is playing and how we are still waiting on leadership to develop, they should have went after a vet HC. Feel like it might have been a mistake to not have gone after McCarthy

• Like 1