GDT - Week 5 - A Monday Nighter in the Afternoon?

brooks1957

4 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Now do you trade for Trent Williams. I’m tired of “get the ball out in two seconds”

hes being made to look like a one read QB because he’s getting slaughtered

Not sure. Lots of money for an aging and injury prone LT. But I certainly wouldn't be totally against it.

And I'm honestly not sure if Washington is even willing to trade him. Don't underestimate the pettiness of Dan Snyder.

1 minute ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

You haven’t been around our forum long enough 

I haven't but what are you implying? That fans overreact quickly here?

I mean the game was obviously one to forget, but this offense still flashes when Baker has time back there. He's not good under pressure, but the Niners front is going to make a lot of QBs look bad. I think the most concerning part is just how OBJ just can't get any looks. I don't know what is up with that. Don't even think the Niners did anything special in that regard, played pretty much similar coverage on most downs and OBJ had plenty of one on one looks. Is it Baker or is it the scheme? Granted, he did drop two passes, one which would have gone for at least 15 or so yards. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the game was obviously one to forget, but this offense still flashes when Baker has time back there. He's not good under pressure, but the Niners front is going to make a lot of QBs look bad. I think the most concerning part is just how OBJ just can't get any looks. I don't know what is up with that. Don't even think the Niners did anything special in that regard, played pretty much similar coverage on most downs and OBJ had plenty of one on one looks. Is it Baker or is it the scheme? Granted, he did drop two passes, one which would have gone for at least 15 or so yards. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, we've always been know to be quite fickle on this forum, haha.

OBJ probably didn't get enough looks for a few reasons. For one, our OL is garbage and doesn't give Baker any time (to go along with you guys having a scary front four). Baker then gets rattled and you can see it in his play. And then Freddie isn't calling plays that gets the ball out quickly. The first pass of Baker's was a quick one to OBJ that got dropped, but most of the other targets to him were deep passes. We need to use OBJ on more quick slants and let him make a play.

At this time I mainly blame Freddie. Last week was the only game where he called a good game all game long. The first three weeks we'd occasionally have a good drive where we went uptempo and got the ball out quickly, but then we'd immediately revert back into this long-developing nonsense that exposes our OL and messes with Baker. It's maddening and it's the complete opposite of how he called plays last year.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 1

Just now, pnies20 said:

We’re gonna go 4-12

Stop lol. 

You guys play the Steelers and Bengals four times and already beat the Ravens.

Relax, the OL is going to be a problem but there is too much talent on this team for it not to eventually correct itself. Now, Baker needs to obviously play somewhat decent, but I expect that to happen. 

• Like 1

Laying this one on coaching....again. Couldnt watch first half but sure looks like a half thought through gameplan. Vanilla route designs. 

Baker is not a big qb, he is a Brees type even if he thinks he is Favre. So don't even try the deep crap unless it's been set up because he's going to get rattled easily and can't see. 

Bake needs a rb we can lean on in the pass game aka Hunt. 

Since Kitchens basically took this game off hopefully he brings it against either sea or ne. 

Win one of those and the enthusiasm well be right back where it was. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yes, we've always been know to be quite fickle on this forum, haha.

OBJ probably didn't get enough looks for a few reasons. For one, our OL is garbage and doesn't give Baker any time (to go along with you guys having a scary front four). Baker then gets rattled and you can see it in his play. And then Freddie isn't calling plays that gets the ball out quickly. The first pass of Baker's was a quick one to OBJ that got dropped, but most of the other targets to him were deep passes. We need to use OBJ on more quick slants and let him make a play.

At this time I mainly blame Freddie. Last week was the only game where he called a good game all game long. The first three weeks we'd occasionally have a good drive where we went uptempo and got the ball out quickly, but then we'd immediately revert back into this long-developing nonsense that exposes our OL and messes with Baker. It's maddening and it's the complete opposite of how he called plays last year.

Yeah, I was underwhelmed with the play calling but then again wasn't sure if it was because the OL really couldn't hold up? Chubb is a beast and obviously the early deficit prevented him form getting more carries, but he should be the featured play offensively and then take shots deep to OBJ. It shouldn't be this hard to get OBJ the ball. Really has been pathetic minus first half vs Titans and the Jets game. OBJ really could be the best WR in the game, he's that damn good but right now he's not getting enough opportunities. Was impressed with Landry though, he's better than I thought he was when he was with the Dolphins.

The DL could really rush the passer, but aren't always disciplined in their run gaps. Better get that shored up against Seattle. I really do think you guys can bounce back and get that win. Will be a tight game until the end. 

11 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

How bad was our defense lmao. Wtf happened?????? How do you allow 12.1 yards before freaking contact??? Is this high school????

That's the niners for ya. Kyle Shanahan might be one of the best  all time at drawing up run plays. It always looks like it's the same play but who pulls and how it all fits together is specific for your team. 

We come at you from so many different formations and shifts that we get you to tip your hand presnap and our system is fluid and lots of our plays are essentially options for specific routes or blocking schemes. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honest opinions on this? I know most here are hardcore Buckeyes fans, so is it a bit bitter sweet hearing and seeing this? 

I went to tOSU and witnessed the flag plant and I found no enjoyment because the Browns are a bigger deal to me than the Buckeyes.

• Like 2

I know you can't pin a 28 point loss on any individual play, since it had nothing to do with everything that went wrong before and can't be the reason for the lack of mental toughness after, but Antonio Callaway's drop pick was just absurdly backbreaking.  Relying on a guy like that in that situation was just emblematic of what we set ourselves up for as fans.  Probably should have just kept Ratley's suck-a** in the game and sprinkled Callaway in.  He at least would do something other than what Antonio did.  Complete lack of focus.