GDT - Week 5 - A Monday Nighter in the Afternoon?

brooks1957

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Hue Jackson - Team had no talent, team fought

Gregg Williams - Team had better talent, team fought

Freddie Kitchens - Team has great talent, team lays down at the first sight of adversity

Quit making excuses for the guy...

Greggg Williams - Wasn’t Hue Jackson

fify

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Preach.......

We have a team of front runners, and whats worse is I don't think Baker is equipped to put this team on his back and lead them through tough times...

Facts.. most def... we need some dogs not front runners who give in when it's time to sack up and work/grind ...

Even though I never thought Baker was the type to put a team on his back like a Deshaun Watson type, I at least thought he'd go down fighting and be a spark for this team.

Sadly, he hasn't even been that as there's been no real spark or magic moments. It hasn't all been on him of course. Really great throws here or there but I don't ever feel his presence when I watch him or see him assert his will on the game like the top QBs or even above average QBs in the league.

All is not lost and he's young in the league. Man... I hope he and this team figure it out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah they quit and cave so easily.

But....  this is a young team learning how to win.  This is the stuff people are talking about when they say that the Browns aren’t ready to be legit contenders. You don’t build resiliency overnight.

But generally I agree, they can’t continue to get curb stomped every time they start to fall behind.

Indeed.

I'm afraid the needed resiliency is often a core trait developed before a lot of these guys ever took an NFL snap and some of our young guys don't have it when everything isn't going as expected.

Let's hope they can find it soon.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

what is this crap saying Baker was being disrespectful, being standoffish during the handshakes...

I get it but really there's nothing definitive at all about that clip either way. It's more proof of whether people side with Baker or Sherman regarding whether it's evidence of anything with Sherman in particular.

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I get it but really there's nothing definitive at all about that clip either way. It's more proof of whether people side with Baker or Sherman regarding whether it's evidence of anything with Sherman in particular.

Pretty damning evidence that they shook hands before the toss on some other angles.  You can find them on Twitter.  Sherman has already moved the goalpost and said it was about the handshake after.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

looks like Baker shook his hand. Sorry he didn’t dap you up but my god Sherman 

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Pretty damning evidence that they shook hands before the toss on some other angles.  You can find them on Twitter.  Sherman has already moved the goalpost and said it was about the handshake after.

That second video is pretty definitive the other clip was not...  in that second one it's pretty clear Sherman went to shake Baker's hand, but Baker didn't see it initially. Once Baker did he put his hand out but Sherman had already kind of moved on to the next guy so Baker patted him either on his pads in the front or made some contact with his hand.

Therefore, Sherman who much like Baker looks for any and everything potential sign as a slight to fuel him likely took Baker not seeing his hand right away as some sort of purposeful slight even if it wasn't

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

That second video is pretty definitive the other clip was not...  in that second one it's pretty clear Sherman went to shake Baker's hand, but Baker didn't see it initially. Once Baker did he put his hand out but Sherman had already kind of moved on to the next guy so Baker patted him either on his pads in the front or made some contact with his hand.

Therefore, Sherman who much like Baker looks for any and everything potential sign as a slight to fuel him likely took Baker not seeing his hand right away as some sort of purposeful slight even if it wasn't

this is even more clear. 

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We have to drop everything that is the air raid, none of it works with us, we dont have the oline for it, and baker doesnt qb it well. 

This.

Kitchens has got to turn Monken off and work within Mayfield's and the OL's limitations or we are going to have a hard time winning games and he is going to get Mayfield killed.

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im really wondering how hard it is just to throw to OBJ. They make it seem like rocket science for him to get open. Is it because of the offensive line not giving enough time for lets say....a 10 yard in route, crossing route or out route to the sideline to develop? 

Whats the catch and why does it seem in order to complete a pass it has to be brain surgery with triple options and reverses.

This.

OL has struggled some this season but mostly there's been plenty of time.

OBJ has been doubled a lot but often he's not.

• Like 1