GDT 10/6/19 Week 5: 2-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-3 Pitsbirhg steels

DreamKid

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm not mad that Jefferson is done. If anything, it's a blessing in disguise. He's a terrible player that for some reason the coaches won't bench because of his perceived "leadership and communication skills". 

As a football fan, not a Steeler fan, I also think he sucks. Having said that I dont wanna see anyone get injured. 

• Like 2

Hey just like in basketball when Paul Pierce hit that bank shot and the reporter asked him, “did you call board” and he said “I called game”.

I don’t care how we won the game. I don’t care how ugly it was. I don’t care how people look at this with regards to where we rank amongst the “best teams”. I don’t care that Lamar had 1/3 ratio. I don’t care.

I only care that we won this game and remain atop the division record wise. I don’t think we can fix this to become a top 10 defense on the year, but I definitely think we can improve to be a middle of the pack defense. Jefferson is gone. Get someone else on the green dot helmet. Get Jimmy back and we can scheme open more pressure.

That said I do believe we need to trade for another defensive piece. Perhaps a Chris Harris Jr as he can help in nickel coverage as well as along the outside making him very versatile. Outside of that Von Miller would be the perfect trade piece but I’m not sure the Broncos would be willing to part with him. He’s their “franchise” player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm not mad that Jefferson is done. If anything, it's a blessing in disguise. He's a terrible player that for some reason the coaches won't bench because of his perceived "leadership and communication skills". 

You're ice cold my guy, lol

I don't disagree, but you just ice cold! Hope Jefferson has a speedy recovery though.

Just now, RavensfanRD said:

You're ice cold my guy, lol

I don't disagree, but you just ice cold! Hope Jefferson has a speedy recovery though.

IDGAF. Like Jefferson as a person, but as a player he has no business starting, much less having the green dot. If him being injured allows us to actually use our better safeties, then so be it. I hope he recovers well and then plays for a different team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Trading for pass rush is going to go much further than trading for a CB at this point. Without a pass rush, you see it doesn't matter that we have Marlon.

We need someone, ANYONE, who can get after the QB.

Agree 100%.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Cant believe I'm gonna say this but....

Dont you guys dare let Cleveland win the division

You guys could help us out, you know. This W feels like a loss.

Its a testament to how bad these refs were, because Steelers and Ravens fans rarely agree this much about this stuff post game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

IDGAF. Like Jefferson as a person, but as a player he has no business starting, much less having the green dot. If him being injured allows us to actually use our better safeties, then so be it. I hope he recovers well and then plays for a different team.

Lmao! Like I said, I agree with you. Your delivery was just cold. 

And again, I also hope Decosta is on the phone for a pass rusher.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RavensfanRD said:

Lmao! Like I said, I agree with you. Your delivery was just cold. 

And again, I also hope Decosta is on the phone for a pass rusher.

Kerrigan? But not sure if they'd trade him. But an option. Just throwing names out.

Edited by M.10.E

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Trading for pass rush is going to go much further than trading for a CB at this point. Without a pass rush, you see it doesn't matter that we have Marlon.

We need someone, ANYONE, who can get after the QB.

We could just throw lots of money at Clowney and/or Ngakoue in FA. I don't know if we need to too thirsty giving up draft picks, since it doesn't seem like we just need one patch on the roster.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

We could just throw lots of money at Clowney and/or Ngakoue in FA. I don't know if we need to too thirsty giving up draft picks, since it doesn't seem like we just need one patch on the roster.

Not Clowney, but definitely Ngakoue. I've been watching Clowney and he's just not consistent enough as a pass rusher. We need a DIFFERENCE MAKER, not just another body.