BDL 2019 Week 5 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Camden Hood Rats

SirA1

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Camden Hood Rats  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Camden Hood Rats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2019 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2019 Week 5

Match:   Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Camden Hood Rats

Away Owner: @wwhickok

Home Owner: @Jlash

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Williamsport Soul Reavers

QB: Dak Prescott
RB1: Chris Carson
WR1: Golden Tate
WR2: John Brown
Slot WR: Randall Cobb
TE: Dallas Goedert
LT: Charles Leno
LG: John Miller
C: Mitch Morse
RG: Cody Ford
RT: Dion Dawkins

Reserve:
FB: Derek Watt
RB2: Derrick Henry
RB3: LeSean McCoy
WR4: Calvin Ridley
WR5: Philip Dorsett

WR6: DeSean Hamilton
TE: Maxx Williams
OL: BJ Finney

Defense:
(3-4 look)

LE: Davon Godchaux
NT: DJ Reader
RE: Michael Bennett
LOLB: Shaq Barrett
LILB: Myles Jack
RILB: Devin Bush
ROLB: Brian Burns
CB1: Byron Jones
CB2: Steven Nelson
FS: Ricardo Allen
SS: Marquise Blair

Reserves:
DE John Simon
DE: Tyson Alualu
DT: Justin Jones
LB: Anthony Barr
LB: Darron Lee
NCB: Donte Jackson
CB: Carlton Davis
CB: Vernon Hargreaves

Camden Hood Rats

QB- Lamar Jackson
RB- David Montgomery
WR- DeAndre Hopkins
WR- Courtland Sutton
TE- Evan Engram
TE- Delanie Walker
LT- Jason Peters
LG- Isaac Seumalo
C- Tyler Larson
RG- Larry Warford
RT- Orlando Brown Jr
WR- Dede Westbrook
WR- Cole Beasley
TE- Jason Witten
OL- Tytus Howard
OL- Hal Vaitai

DE- Chandler Jones
DT- Akiem Hicks
DT- Dexter Lawrence
DE- Yannick Ngakoue
LB- Mack Wilson
LB- Todd Davis
CB- AJ Bouye
CB- Daryl Worley
CB/S- Amani Hooker
S- Kevin Byard
S- Jamal Adams
DE- Shaq Lawson
DT- Quinton Jefferson
DT- Poona Ford
DT/DE- Solomon Thomas
S- Deshon Elliott

Edited by SirA1

Team: Williamsport Soul Reavers

Base Offensive Scheme: Erhardt-Perkins system, west coast WR concepts, RPO and zone blocking run game concepts

Core strengths: Mobile QB that is excellent in play action, RPO. Multiple RBs that can run both power and zone. Multiple WRs that excel in short to intermediate routes.

Strategy against Camden Hood Rats: 

Offensive Gameplan

This week we are scrapping all of our previous approaches. It hasn't worked so we are going back to the basics.

11 Personnel will be our primary base offense. Chris Carson will start at RB and Goedert at TE, Tate, Cobb and Brown as our starting WRs.

We are going to run primarily a zone blocking scheme for our rushing attack utilizing the strengths of Carson and Henry.

We are going to utilize play action heavily. Both bootleg and traditional to get the most out of Dak.

RPO's are something you sprinkle in for most teams (outside of the Ravens). It shouldnt be the base of the offense. I would utilize 11 personnel as our base (1 TE, 1 RB, 3 WR) with Goedart and Cason as the TE/RB. That would be rotated with 12 personne , bringing in Graham and replacing Henry for Cason.

Additional our route combinations will be based primarily in the WCO with a lot of short/intermediate crossing routes and spreading the offense horizontally

RPO's will be utilized anywhere in between the 10's when we need 5 or less yards. It would be an extension of our play action passing game. 

DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAN

Base Defensive Scheme: 3-4 front 7, Cover 2 Zone secondary

Core strengths: DL and LB are able to play the run and generate pressure both naturally and through blitzing. Linebackers also excel in zone coverage. 

Strategy against Camden Hood Rats: 

Defensively, I am going to use the same basic gap assignments I have been using. I am going to disguise my blitzing, no more than 4 guys at any given time and will vary from 1-4 throughout the game.

I have been running a lot of zone however, in this game we are going to run a lot of man coverage because Camden loves them some RPOs and the man coverage will eliminate a lot of confusion. In longer down and distances we will use some zone, cover 2 and 3 with a deep safety to protect from any of the WRs, especially Hopkins, getting behind the defense.

If we can limit their running game via the gap assignments it should make the job of the secondary easier and put more pressure on their passing game.

I will also put a spy on Lamar Jackson on nearly every play. I will change who's responsibility it is to keep it unpredictable.

Camden Hood Rats

Offense (Flex 12 base)
This week we take on a Williamsport squad who each week has been improving and looks to prey on our squad for their first win. They bring some athletic pieces to their defense but we've got a few things we want to key on to move the ball on them.

'Flex 12' packages- Last week we unveiled our Flex 12 packages with Engram and Walker on the field together a ton, with one of them flexing out often to spread a heavy defense out for mismatches. We want to go to that again this week for more than 1 reason. 1) Same as last week, flexing Engram or Walker out forces the defense to move a linebacker outside or put a smaller DB on them, creating mismatches either way. 2) It plays into our RPO heavy offense because if a LB is forced to flex out, that lightens the box for our RB's or even Lamar to run, or if they stay in nickel to put a safety or big CB on them it puts a lighter defense on the field to run against. 

Ground attack vs WW's front- The Williamsport gang is athletic but we think we can wear them down a little bit in this one. When we run, whether it's RPO or standard ground game we think we can attack smaller guys like Bennett or Bush. Bennett isn't a smaller guy but he's playing in a 3 man front in the 270 lb range and will likely be subjected to double teams taking on 2 gaps. Same goes for a LB like Devin Bush who routinely plays around 230 lbs. With Montgomery checking in at checking in at 220+, Hyde playing at 230 and Michel being our smallest at 215 lbs we think we can get some push on these guys.

Trips/Motion/Rubs/Bunches- Like last week, we used all these techniques to attack a secondary that liked to get physical. With Jones and Nelson on the outside for Williamsport we know they have the ability to try to rough people up. Using these formations and techniques we think we can free up our big physical WR's. Combining these things with the RPO offense we think we can get our guys open since they'll be peaking at Jackson to see if we're running. We'll get AJ Brown a few more targets this week behind Hopkins and Sutton, as he's proven he's got big play ability at more than 22 YPC. You can expect we'll test these safeties deep too, hopefully letting Sutton get loose on some double moves to attack these physical corners. 

Defense ( cover 1 man robber base)
With Williamsport acquiring two thumper RB's this week we expect a power game from them, with some deep ball play actions mixed in for their speed guys. Here are some keys we want to focus on to defend that. 

Cover 1 robber- This will be our main coverage, because it does best at defending what we think WW is going to want to focus on. It gives us an extra defender in the box (a very good one in Jamal Adams) to focus on controlling the bruisers of Williamsport. It also gives us a versatile piece to move around and try to confuse Dak and force him into mistakes. Dak notoriously struggles if his run game isn't carrying the load, and if we can use our big strong defensive front to slow down WW and his goons then our blitzing and dropping Adams into quick passing lanes will be a big factor. 

Defensive line movement- WW really likes his OL and that's good, but I think my defensive line can cause problems especially if we mix things up once they lost Whitehair. Another way to confuse and control Dak is late line shift and stunts to attack that OL. We purposely rostered 10 defensive lineman for today to battle WW's run game but also to make sure with all the movement and stunts we're putting in our OL stays fresh. Last week Oakland deployed Maxx Crosby with lots of inside stunts and it led to two batted passes and a forced fumble. We want our ends to get that kind of production today to really put Dak under duress. 

Press man- While our secondary is hurting, we don't want these receivers to get free releases so we're going to use our bigger corners to press these guys and make them work to get down the field. They've got some explosive players, but they're slender and can struggle to reroute if they get pushed around at the line. If the Justin Coleman trade goes through before game time, he will man the slot. If not, versatile DB Hooker will get most of the work in 3 WR sets. 

Edited by SirA1

So both these teams are starting players who don't play for the theirs Irl teams (Blair for reavers, Larsen for Camden) 

I think Williamsport gets dome earlier pressure from reader against the over matched Larsen and I feel they could have blitzed more Tham four here as that's leaving burns or Barrett in man coverage somewhere 

Camden, I have no idea why Delanie Walker is going as sadly he looks done at tight end.  If you want a lightweight box for the rpo just put a wr out there and make them play a corner. 

Both these passing games after gonna struggle so much its gonna come down to top the trenches for me where I have to go Camden plus at home 

10-9 rats 

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I have a hard time telling if it's just how bad Marcus Mariota and that offense is or if he's done, honestly.

Seeing how the other tight end is getting more and more snaps, I'm thinking the latter

Edited by bcb1213

54 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Seeing how the other tight end is getting more and more snaps, I'm thinking the latter

Hard to say since Smith isn't exactly lapping him in looks in the passing game despite playing more snaps. I don't think less snaps = done if the other guy isn't being targeted either.

• Like 1

I’d like to see man coverage assignments if you’re playing man. It doesn’t have to be fancy but I think it matters. Even if it’s LCB/RCB/SCB

I am a little confused about Cover-3 with additional safety help over the top from Williamsport. If you’re meaning standard Cover-3 with an FS in the middle third then it’s awkward stated. 

I think camden gameplanned pretty well. I really like attacking the Williamsport safeties as they are a big weakness in an otherwise very strong defense. 

Really tough game to decide. I think both sides have decent success in both areas on offense. I think I’m going to go Williamsport as I think Camden’s advantage in the deep passing game is a little more difficult to sustain than Williamsport’s horizontal passing. 

11 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I’d like to see man coverage assignments if you’re playing man. It doesn’t have to be fancy but I think it matters. Even if it’s LCB/RCB/SCB

I am a little confused about Cover-3 with additional safety help over the top from Williamsport. If you’re meaning standard Cover-3 with an FS in the middle third then it’s awkward stated. 

I think camden gameplanned pretty well. I really like attacking the Williamsport safeties as they are a big weakness in an otherwise very strong defense. 

Really tough game to decide. I think both sides have decent success in both areas on offense. I think I’m going to go Williamsport as I think Camden’s advantage in the deep passing game is a little more difficult to sustain than Williamsport’s horizontal passing. 

Its awkwardly stated I will make that clearer in the future when I use it.