GDT WK 6- Drunklas Crowboys vs NY Boobs ft. The Darnold(?)

Ace5

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I think he is fired if he doesn't make it to the NFC Champ game (barring a catastrophic injury). The teams success lies on him. He hired the OC/DC. But there has been nothing to show me Richard or Moore would be better suited this year. 

Plus, I am partial to the turn around Garrett provided the franchise, so give him the rest of the year. 

I get your point and am glad to see that you acknowledge team success lies with him and he is/was responsible for hiring the OC/DC.  Quite frankly I can't see the Cowboys making a change mid season.  But my own bias aside, I don't know what he brings to the table anymore.  Time will tell.  If we do lose to the Jets the heat gets turned way up.

3 minutes ago, Northland said:

I get your point and am glad to see that you acknowledge team success lies with him and he is/was responsible for hiring the OC/DC.  Quite frankly I can't see the Cowboys making a change mid season.  But my own bias aside, I don't know what he brings to the table anymore.  Time will tell.  If we do lose to the Jets the heat gets turned way up.

Look no further than the second half of the game this week. BS call. Garrett gets fired up, yells at ref. Other coaches (Moore, Richard) get visibly upset and back up there dude. Team plays (mostly) well, rallying from a huge deficit. Afterwards the owner mocks the ref. 

Thats what he has always brought. A culture of unity and strong leadership that they will fight anyone to the bitter end. What he lacks is X's and O's. What he excels in is passion and team fortification. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Look no further than the second half of the game this week. BS call. Garrett gets fired up, yells at ref. Other coaches (Moore, Richard) get visibly upset and back up there dude. Team plays (mostly) well, rallying from a huge deficit. Afterwards the owner mocks the ref. 

Thats what he has always brought. A culture of unity and strong leadership that they will fight anyone to the bitter end. What he lacks is X's and O's. What he excels in is passion and team fortification. 

For me the bottom line is playoff success.  He has two playoff victories during his 9 years as HC.  It's not Marvin Lewis bad, but it isn't good. That's the sword he will die on.  Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.  I just honestly think it's time for a change.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Northland said:

For me the bottom line is playoff success.  He has two playoff victories during his 9 years as HC.  It's not Marvin Lewis bad, but it isn't good. That's the sword he will die on.  Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.  I just honestly think it's time for a change.

That's where I'm at. I don't want to see another roster wasted. 

It may just be a case where a change of scenery is needed, for Jason and for the team. 

4 minutes ago, Northland said:

Agreed. But as long as he wears a star, I am going to root for him to win a superbowl long before I root for him to get fired by losing to the Jets. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

This is where I am at. The team loves him & fights for him. They never give up.

When asked about Jason Garrett's episode Tyrone Crawford said he loved seeing it. And something like "you mess with him you mess with us." And then Dak said "we got our coaches back." 

I know you're supposed to say things like that but still... I think the players liked it

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

When asked about Jason Garrett's episode Tyrone Crawford said he loved seeing it. And something like "you mess with him you mess with us." And then Dak said "we got our coaches back." 

I know you're supposed to say things like that but still... I think the players liked it

If you search the web, you will see a lot of the photos taken during that episode. Everyone rallied to the cause. Which, most of you know, I have met him, McClay, Marinelli and others. I get it. The guy is not a "clapper" in real life. That is all for the cameras. 

We all saw it during Wittens retirement. 

Edited by Matts4313

"I love it when coach does things like that," defensive end Tyrone Crawford said. "He deserves to do whatever he needs to do for this football team, whatever he feels like. If you got a problem with it, then you've got a problem with all of us."

"We've got our coach's back," Prescott said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/10/06/cowboys-coach-jason-garrett-actually-drew-penalty-spiking-challenge-flag-front-official/

• Like 1

Referee Ron Torbert addressed the Garrett situation postgame but did not elaborate on what was said.

"All I can tell you is there was abusive language toward an official," Torbert said to a pool reporter. "That's all I'm prepared to tell you."

Said Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: "I hope the little darling didn't hear anything he hasn't heard before."

This is going to galvanize our team for at least 5 games. Put money on it 

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

"I love it when coach does things like that," defensive end Tyrone Crawford said. "He deserves to do whatever he needs to do for this football team, whatever he feels like. If you got a problem with it, then you've got a problem with all of us."

"We've got our coach's back," Prescott said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/10/06/cowboys-coach-jason-garrett-actually-drew-penalty-spiking-challenge-flag-front-official/

This article is great. I am already pumped and ready to move on. 

• Like 1