Jay Gruden Fired but the Reason he was Hired is still Employed

turtle28

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Agree. Not sure why the interpretation was that Bruce doing the press conference means he’s safe and solid. If he was, he’d have been up in Snake Mountain castle with Snyder, insulated from the heat and backlash, while Doug Williams did the unpleasant stuff in front of the cameras. 

Bruce isn’t going anywhere. 

1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

We can then add the Posse and solve the receiver problem?  The problem is no one that can play wants to be here so the franchise is constantly spinning thier wheels. They can’t sustain success because they can’t keep whatever talent they luck themselves into. Couple that with every sprained ankle is a career ender. Bottom line is the whole building has to go

That's not true. We had good players, Brice just didn't keep them bc Brice was cheap and thought he could replace Kirk, Djax, Garcon and to a lesser extent Crowder, PSmith, Breeland & Fuller.

We have $15 mil in cap space, what the hell good is that doing for us?

We could have at least three of those players on our team right now and we’d be more competitive - especially if we had kept Kirk and not traded a 3rd & Fuller for Alex bc Brice needed to save face after letting Kirk walk for just a 3rd round comp pick.

Edited by turtle28

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Tomsula will probably quit, but that's a necessary casualty to get rid of Manusky anyways. Word was in the offseason if they had fired Manusky that Tomsula was quitting.

Looks like Bill Callahan as HC & Rob Ryan as Defensive coordinator folks! 

And, we thought it couldn't get worse!

I'm thinking Callahan & Rob Ryan is an upgrade over dumb & dumber.

But then again, Penn & Teller could probably do better than Gruden & Manusky.

9 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm thinking Callahan & Rob Ryan is an upgrade over dumb & dumber.

But then again, Penn & Teller could probably do better than Gruden & Manusky.

I don't but it doesn't matter. I want the #1 or 2 pick so we can get Jeudy or Young.

They need to do a fire sale of our vets starting with obviously Trent but also, Kerrigan, Keenum, Norman, PRich, and Reed if he can get healthy enough to play but I don't see Brice doing that at all. 

Brice only watches the first quarters of games and thinks ”we’re close!”

Edited by turtle28

Just caught some of good morning football. Peter Schreager and Ian Rappaport seem to agree that Bruce is safe because he’s “the owners guy”. They also agreed that firing Gruden gives the organization a chance to fully evaluate O’Connell before another young coach leaves the building. 
I don’t know. Food for thought

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigdog44 said:

Just caught some of good morning football. Peter Schreager and Ian Rappaport seem to agree that Bruce is safe because he’s “the owners guy”. They also agreed that firing Gruden gives the organization a chance to fully evaluate O’Connell before another young coach leaves the building. 
I don’t know. Food for thought

This food tastes poisoned. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Bruce isn’t going anywhere. 

Probably not. But everyone said the same thing about Cerrato until he was gone. 

I do think it’s meaningful that for half a decade, Bruce has been allowed to sit back in the shadows and avoid taking the heat — whether it’s been sending someone else out there to do the press conference, issuing a “statement” on the team website, or speaking only in carefully controlled one-on-one interviews — but now he’s being made to hold the press conference and face the media firing squad. 

If nothing else, it’s different. Which at least could mean the start of some movement on that front. 

• Like 1