Jon Robinson

dtait93

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Baltimore has been able to transcend it. They may be the only ones, but they’ve been able to do it because there’s a winning mentality that has been instilled in that franchise. 

Way back in 2000, Baltimore went one way and we went the other 

in year two, we had a “franchise QB” for all intents and purposes. Mariota entered year 3 with MVP expectations, for better or for worse, that were obviously unwarranted. But again, look at the job Robinson did to build around that “franchise QB” on the offensive side of the ball. And when he had a chance to fix it after he was able to fire AAS’s boyfriend Mularkey, he brought in a defensive HC who’s yet to install an offensive system 

everyone wants to blame mariota. 

One team is your example of an outlier and Joe Flacco was freaking balling the year the won the Super Bowl. He may not be great anymore, but he was on absolute freaking fire in the post season the year they won the super bowl.

Also, prior to making the post season last year here are the Ravens season records:

2017 - 9-7

2016 - 8-8

2015 - 5-11

2014 - 10-6

2013 - 8-8

So by your definition they haven't been great in a minimum of 6-7 years. They were great without a franchise QB in a different era of football, but we're in 2019 now. 

31 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

One team is your example of an outlier and Joe Flacco was freaking balling the year the won the Super Bowl. He may not be great anymore, but he was on absolute freaking fire in the post season the year they won the super bowl.

Also, prior to making the post season last year here are the Ravens season records:

2017 - 9-7

2016 - 8-8

2015 - 5-11

2014 - 10-6

2013 - 8-8

So by your definition they haven't been great in a minimum of 6-7 years. They were great without a franchise QB in a different era of football, but we're in 2019 now. 

But they have what we don’t 2 Super Bowls Super Bowls buys time eases the pain 😩

Won’t happen mid season but his seat is getting warm for sure.

Nate Davis May pan out down the road but man Conklin was suppose to be a franchise RT and he’s not. Saffold was suppose to be a staple at LG he’s been a disaster. Ben Jones hasn’t played well but somehow Robinson thought he earned an extension.

Im not sure i trust Robinson to find the next franchise QB and even worse he doesn’t have the coaches to develop a franchise QB

11 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Won’t happen mid season but his seat is getting warm for sure.

Nate Davis May pan out down the road but man Conklin was suppose to be a franchise RT and he’s not. Saffold was suppose to be a staple at LG he’s been a disaster. Ben Jones hasn’t played well but somehow Robinson thought he earned an extension.

Im not sure i trust Robinson to find the next franchise QB and even worse he doesn’t have the coaches to develop a franchise QB

He gets to pick a QB. Every GM gets to pick a QB. 

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The problem is not the talent Robinson is bringing in. The talent have proven elsewhere(in most cases at least) that they can play well.

It's the coaching. Which this is Robinson's pick at staff, so that's his fault too, but his talent evaluation is not the issue here.

Part of the problem is the talent he’s bringing in

Whiffing on Conklin Dodd Johnson Taylor is hurting this franchise since they were all picked in the first 3 rounds and none of those players are either here or will get a 2nd contract 

Then we had a 4 player draft last year and 1 of those picks didn’t even make the final roster.

Over paying Dion Lewis is looking like a bad investment.

Cam Wakes age might be catching up with him he looks like a freak of nature but when he played it wasn’t a whole lot and now he’s hurt

Saffold isn’t looking like a good signing at the moment

6 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Part of the problem is the talent he’s bringing in

Whiffing on Conklin Dodd Johnson Taylor is hurting this franchise since they were all picked in the first 3 rounds and none of those players are either here or will get a 2nd contract 

Then we had a 4 player draft last year and 1 of those picks didn’t even make the final roster.

Over paying Dion Lewis is looking like a bad investment.

Cam Wakes age might be catching up with him he looks like a freak of nature but when he played it wasn’t a whole lot and now he’s hurt

Saffold isn’t looking like a good signing at the moment

Conklin is a good enough RT to get a 2nd contract. The forums overreaction to him getting beat once in a while doesn't change that.

Dion Lewis would be a fine player if we weren't running the exact same screen play to him every single time we use him that gets blown up every single time. God forbid we actually put him out on real routes like that one successful team up north used him for.

Can't predict someone getting hurt.

Saffold would be fine with better coaching.

Robinson isn't hitting on everything but he's hit on enough to be considered successful at it. The coaches have to not be brain dead though.

10 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Robinson isn't hitting on everything but he's hit on enough to be considered successful at it. The coaches have to not be brain dead though.

well, vrabel is his handpicked guy, so....lol

(i do mostly agree that his talent eval has been enough for the team to be much more successful than it is)

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

well, vrabel is his handpicked guy, so....lol

(i do mostly agree that his talent eval has been enough for the team to be much more successful than it is)

Yeah, like I said above, it's Robinson's fault the coaching staff is here.

Just saying talent eval isn't really an issue with him.

And honestly because it's not an issue with him I'm probably more lenient on him than most. I would give him a 2nd chance to find a coach if we move on from Vrabel.

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yeah, like I said above, it's Robinson's fault the coaching staff is here.

Just saying talent eval isn't really an issue with him.

And honestly because it's not an issue with him I'm probably more lenient on him than most. I would give him a 2nd chance to find a coach if we move on from Vrabel.

Why so he hire Charlie Weis or some other NE castoff?

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Why so he hire Charlie Weis or some other NE castoff?

I dunno who he'd hire.

But he's the first guy we've had in here who can evaluate talent at an acceptable level since Reese. I'm willing to give it a 2nd go around for him to find a coach if it comes down to it.

He's going to get a chance to draft his own QB regardless.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Conklin is a good enough RT to get a 2nd contract. The forums overreaction to him getting beat once in a while doesn't change that.

Dion Lewis would be a fine player if we weren't running the exact same screen play to him every single time we use him that gets blown up every single time. God forbid we actually put him out on real routes like that one successful team up north used him for.

Can't predict someone getting hurt.

Saffold would be fine with better coaching.

Conklin is done at Tackle needs to move inside he gets over powered & can’t anchor.. he looked great his rookie year with a lot of help 2nd year was solid & it’s been down hill since he tore his ACL.