1. 1. Biggest problem

• Kitchens
    • Mayfield
    • Offensive line
    • Not as talented as advertised
    • Odell Beckham Junior’s watch
    • They jut need more time

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think that if you like him, he's the guy that can "right the ship" and bring that "leadership/chip on his shoulder" to a losing culture and change things with his "winning attitude". That was the 2018 narrative.

The 2019 narrative is that he's a disrespectful punk who is picking up where he left off in college.

In truth, I'm sure it's somewhere in between. That said, the video of the pregame handshake shows Baker acknowledging and shaking/hugging every 49ers captain, so surprise surprise, Richard Sherman made it up/read into the situation that he maybe wasn't given as much love as everyone else and the media ran with it.

Last year? Yes but they also beat the Ravens, choked a game away against the Saints Week 2 (missed FG and extra points, costing them a win), and beat a bunch of 7-9 teams or worse, while losing in heartbreaking fashion to the Ravens, Bucs, and Raiders (blown officiating calls that the NFL admitted to, which cost them the game).

Because it's better than 0-16? It was miserably unwatchable. At least the Vikings give you the facade of hope of being a contender.

I think the difference is that the Vikings went a long way a few years ago and have been a perennial competitive and playoff contending team. 0-16 to 5-11 isn't anywhere close, so the 7-9 to 11-5 realm is a lot more appealing. In theory, 2021 that won't be the case/shouldn't be the case.

Idk I think you guys will

be fine. Just the expectations were pretty nuts.. Takes a special team to reach those limits. Think for Clev it has to come organic with Freddy at the top or not. You have the GM. Just need the coaching. 

Just now, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Idk I think you guys will be fine. Just the expectations were pretty nuts.. Takes a special team to reach those limits. Think for Clev it has to come organic with Freddy at the top or not. You have the GM. Just need the coaching. 

Perhaps so. I think most of us targeted 2020 as the year to be legitimate contenders and this year hopes of making the playoffs. They have a lot of holes (their secondary is depleted right now) and show just how poor their depth is with some key guys hurt, as this roster is only 2 years removed from being 0-16. Aside from coaching/scheme, they really need:

*OL at both OT spots, an OG spot, and a swing backup interior lineman, potentially starting C in 2020

*A TE or two that can be capable, even if Njoku is healthy, which he's not

*Baker to start scanning the entire field instead of just one side, panicking, and escaping the pocket, not to mention taking better care of the football and checking down instead of forcing things downfield.

*Either an impact interior DL or an impact LB

15 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Are we calling his games against BAL "good"?

For a rookie going up against a top 1-2 defense, yeah they were pretty good. Put up 340+ each game, 4 TDs but also 4 INTs. Certainly nothing amazing but pretty damn solid for how good Baltimore's defense was last season. And especially when the first game was being coached by good ol' Hue Jackson.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Talking heads/the media, I buy that. Browns fans talking about Baker for MVP? I haven't seen it, at least not seriously.

maybe not on this site...maybe.  But where do you live?

I live in Columbus and before the season started it's ALL I heard.. How Baker was going to destroy the league similar to Mahomey, Browns had the North wrapped up and were probably going deep into the playoffs (I am talking about friends and co-workers).  

The North thing is probably still true... lol   it's bad 

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

maybe not on this site...maybe.  But where do you live?

I live in Southwest Ohio and follow the Browns pretty much every single day.

I live in Columbus and before the season started it's ALL I heard.. How Baker was going to destroy the league similar to Mahomey, Browns had the North wrapped up and were probably going deep into the playoffs (I am talking about friends and co-workers).  

I heard a lot of that from my Bengals fans friends and others asked me. I can't say that I heard that from a legitimate Browns fan though.

The North thing is probably still true... lol   it's bad 

Well, they're staring down 2-5 with Seattle, a bye, and New England over the next two games. That's not good.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

heard a lot of that from my Bengals fans friends and others asked me. I can't say that I heard that from a legitimate Browns fan though.

I am a Bengals fan.. maybe that's just how they talk to us... ha ha 

I am a Bengals fan.. maybe that's just how they talk to us... ha ha 

Could be! :) I've never really been a run my mouth person IRL.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Our expectations are what is wrong.

Yes

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

The Browns haven't stopped being the Browns.......

Sure they have. They've gone from being the Browns to being the Dream Team Eagles/Jameis Winston Bucs. They're a colossal disappointment and yet find ways to win some games/not be terrible while losing others in spectacular fashion. 

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Could be! :) I've never really been a run my mouth person IRL.

Yes

Sure they have. They've gone from being the Browns to being the Dream Team Eagles/Jameis Winston Bucs. They're a colossal disappointment and yet find ways to win some games/not be terrible while losing others in spectacular fashion. 

I truly hope the Browns turn it around. No fan base should have to suffer for this long......

Well, besides Cowboy fans, they deserve an eternity of suffering......lol 

Edited by EaglesPeteC
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

What do you think?

Very simple.

Baker Mayfield is not a great enough QB to cover the flaws on the team.   Most people mistakenly assumed that he was a elite franchise QB.  He's not.  He's just another guy.  The type of QB that needs ideal conditions to succeed.   He needs to have a great coach with the ideal scheme.  He needs a great o-line and skill position players.  And he needs a great defense.   He's not the caliber of QB that can raise the level of his teammates.  He's the type of QB that needs a great team and coach to elevate him.  Similar to Jared Goff.